Tewksbury arrest for weapons & bump stock

I just want to know why he felt it was necessary to carry all those guns/accessories into another state. I can't think of any reason why one would feel the need to transport their entire armory with them.. (moving maybe?) Into a different state no less and apparently didn't even think of checking the laws in that state first.

Well it's Mass so yea they are not going to see the light of day for quite a few years..

common "entire armory" ... you need to see some real armories. That's far less what a lot of crackers bring to the range (where was that vid about white people going to the range with trunkful of shit)

there are many things you'd never think illegal in other states, like fireworks or slingshots or crossbows or banging someone out of wedlock or drinking liquor on Sunday.

They're out-of-staters (from Texas no less) who broke no other laws, so I expect they'll have the book thrown at them.
I would be surprised if they were well informed enough to have NFA stamps for the silencers and approved 5320.20s to bring them to another state.

That is, of course, assuming they were real suppressors and not dummy devices that serve only to make ones gun look badass; similar to the copy claiming a 37mm flare gun is a grenade launcher.

There have been a number of cases in New York City where well intended citizens from other states were found to have handguns. In one case the person told asked a guard where he could check his handgun before entering a location with a "No Firearms" sign. In another Navy Seal was arrested for possession of a handgun in NY, and put into a psych ward when he told them he was a Seal. They didn't believe him.

Marine arrested for carrying Indiana-registered handgun in New York made 'honest mistake,' attorney says

NYC Police Throw Navy SEAL Into Psych Ward for Claiming…He’s a SEAL

I can see how easily one can be confused. But some DA will certainly argue that ignorance is no excuse of the law.

Before I moved to Georgia I did my due diligence. Looked online and made the phone calls.
You do NOT have to register your firearms in Georgia.

Coming from Connecticut, (which is part of New England), this was a shock to me.
Living in a free state now for a couple of years I can fully understand how your co-worker was shocked.

There is something really weird about this.

It makes no sense to me to call the police with no sign of an attempted break in for one.

It makes no sense to me to call the police when you have all that firepower in your room. ;)

I wonder if they really made the call or a maid saw their stuff and swatted them.

The Second Amendment is the only reason they need.

And that's great.. except we all know the 2A is infringed upon everywhere like it's just a daily newspaper or something..

Are you saying when they go to trial their defense wil be "but your honor, the Second Amendment shall not be infringed"

And I was not questioning them owning the guns just transporting across state lines apparently without checking the other states laws..

And that's great.. except we all know the 2A is infringed upon everywhere like it's just a daily newspaper or something..

Are you saying when they go to trial their defense wil be "but your honor, the Second Amendment shall not be infringed"

And I was not questioning them owning the guns just transporting across state lines apparently without checking the other states laws..

Nope. Just stating facts.

There is something really weird about this.

It makes no sense to me to call the police with no sign of an attempted break in for one.

Yep, sumpthin ain't right here.

I'd have gone with a smaller flashlight on the AR, but when you're hauling all that other shit around I guess another couple of pounds aren't going to make a difference.

My arms are tired just from looking at that thing...

ar 2.jpg

It makes no sense to me to call the police when you have all that firepower in your room. ;)

I wonder if they really made the call or a maid saw their stuff and swatted them.

The way this went down makes no sense to me. I am more inclined to believe some informant may have known or thought they were up to no good and called the police claiming to be the occupant to trigger a police response. Something definitely doesn't smell right.

Dave

The way this went down makes no sense to me. I am more inclined to believe some informant may have known or thought they were up to no good and called the police claiming to be the occupant to trigger a police response. Something definitely doesn't smell right.

Dave
Agree

They need to cry racism against the racist Tewksbury police force. The racist cops walked all over their civil rights. They didn't know MA laws and were afraid for their lives from dangerous crackas.

[Never know. Could work.]

Probably stands a better chance than standing on their actual rights...

They're in violation of no lawful law.

Unless they're here as new Mass citizens and intend to obtain MA LTC's they're probably in violation of various Mass "laws" that are Constitutionally invalid but for which they would almost certainly do time (unless they can prove they're villains / drug runners / gang bangers, in which case they'll be released with an apology)

right....this is the issue. this should never be an issue. Hello reciprocity.

Something is just off on this. Maybe they're trying to be a test case for the bump stock ban?

Only thing that throws me off is the suppressors - if they're real, you're not usually stupid enough to make mistakes like going to Massachusetts with them illegally after jumping through all the hoops.

Who travels with an underslung grenade launcher ffs

While I agree with you, F the Man. 2A is 2A. Once we start justifying, we start limiting. (Although, WTF was he thinking???!!!)

Betting those charges will get forgotten about.

No sense charging for things they can't prosecute on the state level. And ATF doesn't care as long as he's in state hands anyhow. Cuts down on the paperwork.

Yep, sumpthin ain't right here.

My arms are tired just from looking at that thing...

View attachment 227427

Funny is if you put one of those double-drum mags on it. LOL

“An infernal machine”? My first Ducati was an infernal machine.

My dad had a 75 Dodge Dart - red. THAT was infernal. Gosh that car sucked. He also had an 81 Rabbit. That drive train was gonna go for a million miles for sure. The entire interior just completely stopped working over time. Visors, window cranks, seats, etc., It just all stopped working. And it rattled like a Mofo.

... My dad had a 75 Dodge Dart - red. THAT was infernal. ...

I knew a guy with a Dart with a 440 - he worked for EMC. He was forgetful. Parking lot was full one day, so he left it on the main street but he forgot to turn it off, lock it and pocket the key. 8 - 9 hours later he left to go home, arrived at his car to find...

... it still idling there.

Although it was by then VERY low on gas.

You gotta love how people feel that they "must" smile for a picture ..... including ANY picture that is being taken....

20180326_072237_weapons4_400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom