Terrorist Attack in Paris

The best way to get a good reason to put down a psychopath - is to set them off and show who they are in front of everybody - when you put them down like a dog - at least then you have a justifiable reason.

Otherwise their insidious treachery and games are invisible to the oblivious.

Some people need a smack upside the head to see what is right in front of them.

That's what those caricatures just achieved.

Unfortunately, the "smack upside the head" is more likely to open people eyes that the laws need to be changed to prohibit cartoons of Mohammad, instead of standing up against violent thugs.

you are so babaric for even thinking that, we are only simple folk, we shouldnt be able to defend lives. Only the police can do that........... [thinking]

In all seriousness, do French police carry guns?

When I was in France, at least in the airport the police had carbines, like MP5 or something.

France is actually more strict on Muslims than the US is, restricting head gear etc.

Did I hear correctly the shooters got away? How is that even possible?

Because one is taking a personal risk for private reasons, and the other is taking a public stand for freedom and against the repression of the human spirit by the forces of tyranny.

If you're going to take the risk of pissing off a bunch of armed animals, it would probably be a good idea to be armed yourself.

I'm not going to call someones wife at the bar fat unless I'm prepared to defend myself.

Because of the danger of ever increasing escalation with one. If they believe that they can silence any opposition through threats and use of force they will only increase the number of things they threaten over. If people don't flash money around I don't see a huge risk of escalation there.

If you're going to take the risk of pissing off a bunch of armed animals, it would probably be a good idea to be armed yourself.

I'm not going to call someones wife at the bar fat unless I'm prepared to defend myself.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If you want to go around pissing on everyone, well... fine. But you might want to have armed guards at the doors. Two well armed guards at their building might have put an end to this. It's not like the guys were subtle.

by popular NES logic, although its definitely the terrorists fault, the magazine really should have been more focused on their decisions and their safety

Well, it is pretty hard to argue that their security was sufficient.

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness, do French police carry guns?

Yes they do.

more proof the muslim religion is not compatible with western civilations and values.

CNN.com reposting the satirical image this French magazine posted, wishing the leader of ISIS good health. My respects to CNN for refusing to be cowed by an attack on its press cousins

I fault the magazine for assuming that Gov't would provide their security, and not being prepared for the barbaric response to Free Speech. It's not like the magazine was calling out a Kardashian for a wardrobe malfunction. The credits page of the web site or printed magazine should have had a group picture of the staff, each armed in some way.

Get in to the building, move fast, and be out in a couple minutes before any effective police response. Drive away in one car, then switch cars are a few blocks.

It just sounds like they went searching for specific victims by name - it can't have been that fast - police response must have been slow and undermanned/outgunned.

It just sounds like they went searching for specific victims by name - it can't have been that fast - police response must have been slow and undermanned/outgunned.

Wonder how many Muslims are in the police department?

Well, picture it. Same situation here. They start shooting up the Boston Herald building for a Mohammad cartoon. Someone from NES just happens to be going by on their way to the range with an EBR. They stop and take out the terrorist. Now they're up on charges for shooting near a building, shooting a person that wasn't directly threatening them, attacking someone in a protected class and not being tolerant...charges would rack up! (slightly tongue in cheek but I'm sure something would happen)

If you emptied more than one mag, and took down more than one assailant, that's exactly how that would play out. Eye witness 911 calls would get so confused the cops would just show up and shoot anyone with a gun anyway.

If I were to witness an armed purse-snatch in Boston, I'd call 911 but would not engage. Don't like how I'd handle that, then get off your ass and get ALL the gun laws in MA taken off the books. You live in MA; therefor, so you sleep in the bed [STRIKE=undefined]you make[/STRIKE] others have made for you...

I just heard someone on CNN say that they need to examine the shot groups - see if these were well trained military or paramilitary terrorists, or people who just went to the shooting range often.

Oh facepalm.

ETA: Anyone else notice GUnman #2, Passenger, Lost his shoe?

Last edited:
The terrorists have developed large populations in sections of many European countries. And in Canada. And growing in the US. They have a plan and are working it.

And our dear leader wants to open the borders to more immigration.

I believe Dearborn Michigan has very big population, so we are all ready with the other countries mentioned.

Well, it is pretty hard to argue that their security was sufficient.

Articles said they did have police security and they were shot.

Pretty hard to stop a couple dudes with rifles (who know how to use them) from killing people in a known, unhardened facility like an office building, regardless of the level of security. Bad guys are at least gonna get the first shots off and drop some people.

This is one of those work environments where you wouldn't want to be relying on other people to save you.

Pretty hard to stop a couple dudes with rifles (who know how to use them) from killing people in a known, unhardened facility like an office building, regardless of the level of security. Bad guys are at least gonna get the first shots off and drop some people.

This is one of those work environments where you wouldn't want to be relying on other people to save you.

more importantly, aren't worried about using them, have no concern over life, etc. These guys aren't someone a negotiator is going to talk out of a building.

Plus, good grouping. This isn't some bunch of nobodies. Probably ISIS.

_80110005_025306431-1.jpg

more importantly, aren't worried about using them, have no concern over life, etc. These guys aren't someone a negotiator is going to talk out of a building.

Exactly. Most of these people are willing to die for what they believe in. That's a hard thing to stop without taking damage.

Back
Top Bottom