Tentative Deal : NY Restrict Capacity 7 Rounds

What if a gun collection is already in a Will.As mine are ,when i die does the state get them if there is a "no transfer law",or does the Will hold up and they go to who ever i have listed to get them?

Unsubstantiated but someone on another forum is saying there will be a 2 mag limit per person. This was heard on a radio report.

Alright, so who can I move in with in a "free" state? I need room for me, my GF, and whole lotta artillery (I'll share).

Last edited:
I remember Colt And Smith and Wesson bowing to the powers that be not too long ago, I and others boycotted them and soon they turned around. We voted with our wallets.

We have to send a message, if you turn your back's on us and keep feeding .gov your products and neuter civilian stuff, we will find other company's!

Ruger had a shit reputation for a long time because they sold out on the AWB. I know a lot of people even now who would not buy a Ruger because of that.

Maybe somebody needs to put up a website for gun owners to register their vote on whether or not they will support any company that continues to do business with any state that starts putting in any further restrictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Unsubstantiated but someone on another forum is saying there will be a 2 mag limit per person. This was heard on a radio report.

I'd like to see how the enforce that one. What is implied in a rule like that is basically home to home inspections and potential confiscation.

We are getting close to the bright line.

I'd like to see how the enforce that one. What is implied in a rule like that is basically home to home inspections and potential confiscation.

We are getting close to the bright line.

Maybe require S/N's on Mags, registration of Mags, and possession of an unregistered one (or one that is not registered to you) will be 10 years in club fed...

The effort behind this bill is a good thing for the argument behind our cause. It proves that we are completely founded in our assertions (which we are anyway) that mag limits are just part of a series of steps. First 10 rounds, now 7, etc. There will be no change in crime as a result of this (because mag capacity has nothing to do with crime), so after the next shit storm it will drop to 5. It proves intent to fully disarm the country and slowly erode private gun ownership.

Mike

Maybe require S/N's on Mags, registration of Mags, and possession of an unregistered one (or one that is not registered to you) will be 10 years in club fed...

I want them to make the penalty 20 or 30 years. That way there's no reason not to shoot because the penalty for murder will be the lighter sentence. Seriously, we should be encouraging them to go full retard all at once, because its clear they plan on doing it incrementally.

This may sound kind of stupid, but what's to stop someone from purchasing evil mags in one state and then bringing them into NY? I mean how can you prove when they were manufactured/possessed? Just one more stupid law...

This may sound kind of stupid, but what's to stop someone from purchasing evil mags in one state and then bringing them into NY? I mean how can you prove when they were manufactured/possessed? Just one more stupid law...

That's fine with them -- in fact, preferred. That way when their new laws have no effect on violent crime (or make matters worse) then they can say it's all the fault of other states who don't have the same stupid laws. They get to push people around and avoid culpability all at the same time.

This is the current problem, which is why this 7rd mag limit with no grandfathering is going through. You will not be able to have any mag, regardless of manufactor or production date, thats over 7 rounds.

The effort behind this bill is a good thing for the argument behind our cause. It proves that we are completely founded in our assertions (which we are anyway) that mag limits are just part of a series of steps. First 10 rounds, now 7, etc. There will be no change in crime as a result of this (because mag capacity has nothing to do with crime), so after the next shit storm it will drop to 5. It proves intent to fully disarm the country and slowly erode private gun ownership.

Mike

There's been a lot of talk from the antis in this go around on how they only want to get rid of "assault weapons" and "assault clips". Nobody wants to take away the second amendment. This is clearly bullshit.

Back in the 70s and 80s, they made every effort possible to outlaw handguns and the bans in DC and Chicago are a result of this. They talked about Saturday Night Specials and how Glocks couldn't be seen by airport scanners.

So yes, I agree.

The new state legislation will:

* Limit ammunition clips to seven. It’s now 10
* Force gun owners to renew their licenses every five years
* Stiffen penalties for using a gun in the commission of a crime
* Stiffen penalties for bringing a gun on school property
* New restrictions on the assault weapons already owned by New Yorkers
“They will be basically not permitted to be transferred. They will be grandfathered in but not in terms of a transfer. There will be a registry,”

So much for IDPA/IPSC. they all use 10 round mags. So you shoot with 7 and your f--cked of you complete against someone from Texas....

Whatever

So much for IDPA/IPSC. they all use 10 round mags. So you shoot with 7 and your f--cked of you complete against someone from Texas....

Whatever

Not to mention bringing any AR into NY for a rifle match, with 30 round pre-ban magazines. Or should I say "pre-original-ban"?

Seven.jpg

11166782_det.jpg

Seven-seven-of-nine-30989234-500-382.png

According to Yahoo news (http://news.yahoo.com/ny-poised-1st-pass-post-massacre-gun-bill-181248937.html), it appears the NY bill would:

-- limit mags to 7 rounds and current NY owners have 1 year to sell their hi-cap mags out of state. Possession of hi-caps would be misdemeanor.
-- define AW as having one evil feature.
-- registry for AWs - sounds like it would only apply to new sales, not AWs currently owned. (?)
-- mental health professions would have to report a patient that has made a credible threat to use a gun illegally. (?)
-- private sales of AWs to someone other than an immediate family would be subject to a background check through a dealer.
-- internet sales of assault weapons would be banned. (?)
-- failing to safely store a weapon could be subject to a misdemeanor charge. (don't know how defined)
-- increases sentences for gun crimes including the shooting of a first responder.

Follow me on this:

They pass these laws restricting mag sizes etc.

Three months later,some crazy dude goes on a spree again.

Now what do they do? They just passed all this legislation making life safe......

Wouldn't this prove our points?

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Follow me on this:

They pass these laws restricting mag sizes etc.

Three months later,some crazy dude goes on a spree again.

Now what do they do? They just passed all this legislation making life safe......

Wouldn't this prove our points?

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2
You are thinking rationally. They are not. We need to figure that out or we are screwed.

I guess I should qualify that and say, they are not rationally attempting to reduce crime. They are not rationally attempting to make anyone safer.

They are rationally attempting to ban guns in the proven incremental method of their vile historical company of mass murderers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom