• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Teflon Nickel Finish

I have been looking around the net for pics of custom M&P's and I have come across teflon nickel finish. Does anyone know of gunsmiths in MA or any other place that I could bring my slide to have this treatment done? Also, has anyone else had any custom work done on their's. So far I have had a trigger job and front fiber op sight installed by Santurri Gunsmithing(great job), and I stippled my grip and high polished my barrel with FLITZ. The place, where I got my ideas was BURWELLGUNSMITHING.com, but if I sent it there for the treatment, then the cost of work and shipping would be way to high, so any info on local would be helpful. Thanks, Anthony

Google robar.

I just looked at robar and the np3 treatment, but I would still like to find something local. If I did my math right then I am looking at $65 for the stripping, $110 for the np3 for slide only, about $120 in shipping, and 8 weeks without my primary carry. As nice as the finishes were on that website, I don't think that I could do it. I thankyou for the site though, Anthony

I havn't checked the site, but $120 for shipping seems high. If only the top end is being refinished, that can go UPS for about $15

A couple of months ago, I was gonna send my M&P to BURWELL in PA and FED-EX said that it was gonna be a standard rate of $46 each way. Technically since a slide is not considered a gun, could I just ship it as normal for weight $ ? And would I have to remove the firing pin?

Last edited:
As a side note, Does anyone know how to strip the melonite finish off, so I can start this project myself?

USPS Priority mail for $4.60 . Never had a problem in all the times I've used it. Why would you remove a firing pin?
GC

http://www.usps.com/shipping/prioritymail.htm

Was curious if eveything had to be taken down to have treatment done, and I have never shipped anything to do with firearms, and was just wondering what parts exactly constitutes as a firearm?

The gunsmith will strip the piece if he needs to work around something. List the parts enclosed on your request for work order, so you know what you sent him, frex: slide, with firing pin, barrel, front&rear sights, recoil rod & springs, extractor & spring, etc..
A slide is just a "machine part for a high-speed hole punch", not a gun.
GC

Was curious if eveything had to be taken down to have treatment done, and I have never shipped anything to do with firearms, and was just wondering what parts exactly constitutes as a firearm?

Legally, the frame IS the firearm. Even if you strip every part off the frame, you can't legally ship it as anything but "a gun". Everything else is just "a part" and can be shipped like any other piece of metal.

Regards
John

Back
Top Bottom