taurus milennium pro

hi all. anyone have any info on the taurus 745 or the 145 for a ccw? are these handguns ma. compliant? i'm leaning towards the 745 cuz i really don't need a rail but the 145 has more rounds.

Taurus will never certify anything in MA, so you can forget about finding a new one at most dealers in MA. Gonna be hard to get on the secondary market too, since if people are going to go through that much trouble, one of the absolute last guns they're going to buy is a Taurus.

-Mike

I have a Millennium pro .45 coming, as I sold my millennium .45 to get the pro with polished internals and have an all black gun. Both are 145's with the 10rd mag. Great gun for the money, after the first 100rds I never had a problem at all. You are not likely to find one in MA for reasons stated above, though they are nice opposed to what I have heard stated by others. I would opt for the 745 to carry, as the 145 is a little bulky, but not so bad it can't be concealed in a good holster. If you have the money, there are better guns out there, I won't tell you otherwise. The Millennium is built decent, just not the same as some higher end brands. It works well, though if I had the $$, I would have an XDm. I have a pic on my wall of an XDm that I dream of, but the funds just aren't there. AR will come before I upgrade.

I have no idea what is available in MA, but maybe look for an M&P? Even a Sigma, as I can imagine it's better than a Taurus. With the limitations in MA I wouldn't look for a Taurus, it's not something I would buy used.

The only Taurus Ive seen in MA was my dads, it was the small .380 version that looked like a Beretta, traded it in along time ago tho.

Yea Taurus's are not on the list but that new pocket pistol they came out with what was it this year or last year, was pretty cool

Taurus will never certify anything in MA, so you can forget about finding a new one at most dealers in MA. Gonna be hard to get on the secondary market too, since if people are going to go through that much trouble, one of the absolute last guns they're going to buy is a Taurus.

-Mike

They are relatively inexpensive and I've found reliable (lifetime warranty also) -- I've been happy with mine. I'd buy another one if they sold them up here. Since I can't, maybe I can win the S&W M&P 9 giveaway...

Yea Taurus's are not on the list but that new pocket pistol they came out with what was it this year or last year, was pretty cool

A good friend has one of those new Taurus .380 pocket pistols and he swears by it. It had a bit of a break in period, and there are certain types of ammo that it prefers, but it has been 100% reliable since he found several brands that work well.

Back
Top Bottom