Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Finally a member [wave]

Gonna work on my target holder this week, I hope to get to the outdoor range this weekend. [grin]

I'm jealous man!!! Wish i could have made it there today. I guess I have more time to put together my range bag and get the supplies all packed up and ready to go.

Well, I couldn't make it today due to my babysitter falling through, so I left a voice message and sent an email letting them know that I plan to attend the next orientation. Now I wait another agonizing month before I have a place to shoot (sigh).

shame you couldnt come out this time, hope you get the chance to finish joining up soon

Finally a member [wave]

Gonna work on my target holder this week, I hope to get to the outdoor range this weekend. [grin]

Hate to say this because it sounds REALLY bad but.... the plastic yard signs that are used for politicans come in really handy as target holders. Just make sure to only use signs from people that you actualy support it it might cause some problems. They stick into the ground real easy and can absorb a lot of rounds. I keep one or two in my trunk just in case I end up going to the outdoor ranges instead of indoor ones....

Hate to say this because it sounds REALLY bad but.... the plastic yard signs that are used for politicans come in really handy as target holders. Just make sure to only use signs from people that you actualy support it it might cause some problems. They stick into the ground real easy and can absorb a lot of rounds. I keep one or two in my trunk just in case I end up going to the outdoor ranges instead of indoor ones....

Good idea for a quick target setup. I plan on making my own out of EMT and some rebar. I can post some pictures when I'm done with it if anyone is interested.

35+ there for orientation yesterday. They managed the group without a hiccup. Eric mentioned it was the largest group ever. I bugged out after the session but came back about 8:30 and shot until 10. Nice.

For those planning a trip to the range this weekend remember, "The indoor ranges will be closed on Sunday, March 10th while the work party conducts routine cleaning and maintenance. We are also looking for strong volunteers to help move more rubber blocks from the backstop for recycling. The ranges will reopen later in the afternoon. If enough volunteers show up, there will also be a work party sent to the outdoor range. As always, we appreciate any help we can get. So come down and help us keep up your range."

A work party being sent to the outdoor range would go a long way towards building target stands.

Yep, got there about 10 past 9.

So, who were you? I was the one with a black sweatshirt that had a star (Animal Control). I was likely on the trailer loading the blocks when you got there. Ended up cleaning the lead pans in the back afterwards.

Last edited:
So, who were you? I was the one with a black sweatshirt that had a star (Animal Control). I was likely on the trailer loading the blocks when you got there. Ended up cleaning the lead pans in the back afterwards.

Haha i was back there with ya, I had a black hat on. You pointed out the cord in the water to me right?

Anybody gonna be at orientation sunday?? Couldn't make it last month, so I've been eagerly awaiting this one!!! I'll be there for sure!!!

Orientation went good today, Eric said there was a record high. A couple of people even had to stand due to lack of seating. Sounds like a great place!! Can't wait to donate some lead to the back stops:)

There was one guy there who had to re-attend because of what he said was a "shotgun incident". Then, when we were being shown the older indoor range, the guy pointed to a hole in the window frame and said "that's because of me.". He also confirmed with Eric that he understood that guns are not to be loaded in the ready rooms. So I'm putting 1 and 1 and 1 together and assuming he loaded a shotgun in the ready room and it accidentally went off???? I hope I am misinterpreting that, but that's what I gathered.

Note to self...if that guys there, I'm not:)

Last edited:
I am starting to wonder if the "record high" thing is a gag for every orientation [laugh] At the January one when I went, all the seats were filled and there was people lined up around the whole outside of the clubhouse, including to the bathroom hallway area. Oh well.

Idk last year when I went there was less than a dozen in attendance ... but the indoor ranges have been packed as of late, later time I had to share a lane with my buddies downstairs Brrrrrrrrr

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

Anybody go late night like 10pm or later?? How about middle of the night?? Anybody know what it's like at those times? I imagine there isn't too many people at those hours of the night. I plan on heading over there after the kids and fiance go to bed, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom