1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Discussion in 'Gun Ranges & Clubs' started by copterdoctor, Nov 29, 2007.

1. copterdoctor

copterdoctor

2. BR636

BR636 NES Member

Taunton Rifle & Pistol Club

Anybody here a member? From there website (http://www.tauntonrifleandpistol.org/) the club looks very nice.

I need to find a new club to join. My current club does not have a rifle range its mostly a shotgun club and since I just moved to Taunton I figure this place would be good.

Any opinions of this place would be greatly appreciated [smile]

Thanks

Brian

3. RB101

RB101 NES Member

I used to be a member there years ago, good club, good set-up. Indoor range was nice 24-7 access, all pistol and .22 rifle. The only dis-advantage I remember was the outdoor range was a bit of a haul from the indoor range. I lived the other side of Taunton, so to get to the outdoor club (which I believe is technically in Raynham) was a hike.
    But professional set-up, good organization, alot of events, great club. I was satisfied.
    This was probably 6-7 years ago, so take that into account.

Good luck-

4. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

Same scenerio....I moved north about 8 yrs ago, was a member at Taunton for 6 yrs...nice place

5. DCunniff

DCunniff

Somerset Sportman's Club may be an option too if you don't join Taunton.

Outdoor ranges, 25 to 300 yard, all in one area.

We get a lot of trap shooters from Fall River area. Website, http://www.somersetsportsmansclub.org/

Dana

gotwood likes this.
  6. C-pher

C-pher

So are there any members here that belong to this club that could provide some current information. I might be looking for a new club to join...

I've heard some good things about this club...so it would be good to hear from some current members.

7. C-pher

C-pher

Anyone know how long it takes to get a call back when you send in the app and the fee?

8. 45fire

45fire

Membership Process at the TR&P

The length of time it takes for your membership application to be processed at The Taunton Rifle & Pistol club largely depends on the timing of your applications. The BOD meets and reviews new members on the Wed's prior to the First Sunday of the month. These applications are then read to the membership during our club meeting held on that First Sunday of the month. New members accepted are then notified by mail to attend a club orientation on the last Sunday of the month and will recieve there membership cards and information at that time.

In short, the answer to how long would it take to join this club is a minimum of one month and under two, again depending on the timing of your application.

Applications are available from there club website along with instructions regarding submission of new applications.

9. 45fire

45fire

I joined this club 3 years ago after belonging to another for almost 15 years. Best decision I ever made... Great club, facilities, and the membership is made up of good people. Not only do they have alot of new shooters joining the club every month, but a number of members leaving other clubs looking for more than what they already had.

They have a new indoor range, which is among one of the best in the state. Multiple outdoor ranges that offer from 50 yds up to 300yds. They offer Trap, archery, air, Black powder and more. They have a website with applications, information and pictures that should answer most of your questions.

10. C-pher

C-pher

Ok, then that makes sense. I sent in the application on 09/16. The check hasn't been cashed yet, so I'll wait to see what happens...

Thanks for the info.

11. Eric

Eric Guest

Better answer

If you can get back to me with your name I will make sure it was read at yesterdays meeting if you wish.

12. C-pher

C-pher

PM sent

13. C-pher

C-pher

Well, I have to admit, this is a GREAT club.

The new indoor range is second to none. I couldn't believe how nice it was...and to walk in there at 10 at night was nice...more so as it's becoming clear that that's going to be around the only time that I'll be able to go shooting.

From talking to other members, it's very laid back. And I LOVE that I can go shooting...sit in the clubhouse after, kick on a shooting video of some sort....and clean my guns right after I finished shooting.

It's a lot easier as I almost don't have time to clean them after I get home.

Also...I'm hoping that I can get my Savage .308 out...dust it off...do some practice and get qualified for the 300 yard range.

I now need to pick up better glass for this thing.

14. misturg

misturg

I submitted my app last week. Do you need to know soemone there to get in?

15. BR636

BR636 NES Member

I dropped my app in the mail today today with no sponsor the website says
    So I assumed a sponsor wasn't mandatory

Brian

16. BR636

BR636 NES Member

I just had my orientation and went to a meeting. It seems like a great club, nice people and the new indoor range is amazing! I haven't been to the outdoor range yet (and probably won't utill it warms up[laugh]) but from the pictures and talking to some other members it seem like thats a nice place too.

Brian

17. wchandler

wchandler NES Member

Hmm... I have been a member at Hanson for years but never go there. I am thinking of dropping my membership there and Taunton is close to me. So, you are happy with this club?

18. C-pher

C-pher

Yes, very much so...I think that the new indoor range is even better than the new one over at Braintree.

I also like the fact that at 10 on a Friday or Saturday night...I can call up Jamie, say, "Let's go shooting," and we can.

And I like that after we're done shooting, I can hang out in the clubhouse and clean my guns, shoot the shit with anyone else there...and put in a gun video if I so choose.

19. depicts

depicts Army Veteran NES Member

C-pher, while I haven't shot there yet, I did go through the orientation the last of the month. The new indoor range is one of the best I've seen. I look forward to some evening shooting too. Thanks to you and Vic Pinto for steering me along.

20. wchandler

wchandler NES Member

Maybe one of you needs to give me a tour!! :)

21. copterdoctor

copterdoctor

Show up at the club on Friday nights. That's the shooting and BSing night from about 7:30 to about 11:00. Non members are also welcome to come and see what the club has to offer.

22. vicpinto

vicpinto

I'd love to meet up with some of you guys there on a Friday. Maybe we can plan something. I am also a member of the club.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  23. Feral

Feral NES Member

please count me in for a non-member visit, i have an application all filled out and ready to submit.

24. stoneypete

stoneypete

That makes two of us. I'm headed there tomorrow night I think.

25. MightyY

MightyY

Question about the application...

I've applied for my LTC (hopefully a no restrictions class A), but don't have it yet. I also don't have a sponsoring club member. Should I just leave all of that blank? Is it required to have a sponsor? I was hoping to mail this application out soon.

Thanks.

26. C-pher

C-pher

Shoot me a PM sometime. I work at Bass Pro on Friday nights, so it would have to be after 10 or so...as that's about the earliest that I could make it.

27. FCI Corp

FCI Corp

[smile]Edit

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  28. egoncalo

egoncalo

I just submitted my application today. I'm excited, looks like a great place.

29. depicts

depicts Army Veteran NES Member

I went to shoot at Taunton today. I joined in January, but went for the first time today.

It is indeed a nice club with a great facility. The indoor range (which I had to myself) is beautiful, and it's open 24/7

I don't think any of you should join though... I like it empty!!! *S* [smile]

30. stoneypete

stoneypete

Now I know why you never call and say let's go shooting.

TRPC is a great facility. I rejoined this year as well.