Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

How can I describe what a good shooter I am here on the forums if someone sees me shoot???? [smile][wink]

Seriously though Pete. you youngsters that have to work and hold jobs have a lot less time on your hands than I do retired. Let me know when YOU want to go and it might pry me out of the house. [wink]

I really liked shooting in the indoor range yesterday, no distractions. No range rats taking all my time talking while I want to concentrate on my shooting and how my guns are working. [thinking]

While I am pretty anti-social, there are a few of you who can drag me out of my cave! [rolleyes]

Bill

just got my acceptance letter, my orientation is 5/31 [smile] I am very excited! can't wait to try out the indoor range a 3am before work one of these days [smile]

It's funny you mention that. I was told at my orientation that 2-3am is one of the busiest times because of folks getting off work 1-2am. It's a great club. Welcome.

I applied 11 days ago. Can't wait to be a member there. I'm in Brockton, I know Holbrook Sportmen and Ames club are closer for me. However, i think i made a great choice.

I would like to shoot my first gun. However i have to wait for the membership..[sad2]. HOW LONG????

It takes about a month + depending on when you submitted your app. They review them at the monthly meeting (first Sunday) then I believe the new member orientation is the last Sunday of the month. If they had your app before the 1st you should be hearing from them soon

It takes about a month + depending on when you submitted your app. They review them at the monthly meeting (first Sunday) then I believe the new member orientation is the last Sunday of the month. If they had your app before the 1st you should be hearing from them soon

It means if I submit my app on the second week of the month then i have to wait all most 2 months to be the member... [sad]

Could anyone tell me, does this club have any archery facilities? I'm currently a member at Hanson, but since moving, Taunton would be more convenient.

ETA: Also, what is the minimum shooting distance on the indoor ranges? At Hanson, you have to keep all targets at the full 50', which is okay for fun, but not so great for defensive practice.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
Could anyone tell me, does this club have any archery facilities? I'm currently a member at Hanson, but since moving, Taunton would be more convenient.

ETA: Also, what is the minimum shooting distance on the indoor ranges? At Hanson, you have to keep all targets at the full 50', which is okay for fun, but not so great for defensive practice.

Thanks,
Matt

Minimum shooting distance on both indoor ranges is 7 yards. This distance is marked by painted stripes on the floor. It's to keep shooters from skipping bullets off the floor.

Thanks,
Matt

The outdoor range has archery.

Is there anyone from our club (TRPC) interested in attending a class to get a UTAH CCW Permit? I have a certified instructor willing to host a class for us. I am working on getting a time at the club for the class. We are going to need at least 20 people for him to come host.

For those that don't know what a UTAH CCW is. It is a concealed carry permit/license that allows you to carry your firearm in about 30+ states.

Post here or PM me with interests.

Last edited:
I am interested, is there a link to which states are included?

We are looking for 25 or so for the class. Without posting outside this thread we have 6 people already interested. I am just waiting for the club to give us the go ahead and then we can set a date and time with the club and insturctor.

I would be interested. I am currently signed up for one on March 13th at Kittery, I would cancel that and join this if it becomes available. I have 3 others that were going with me so this would count as 4 people.

Man I wish this was posted about a week ago. I signed up for the one in framingham, I'm a member at the TRPC would of liked to support my club. Depending on date and fees I may cancel my seat in the framingham location.

Back
Top Bottom