Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Ya it looks like it's Sippican for me, sucks seeing how Taunton is closer... oh well.

1. Be sure of your target; make sure you have an adequate backstop. Firing is permitted only at
authorized targets. Shooting at bottles, cans, or other metal objects is prohibited and can
result in membership suspension

Really? He's a pretty sarcastic dude, was he joking?

I'll drop one of them an email and clarify... stand by...

Reply from Eric:

Yes you may shoot at cans & plastic bottles or metal targets. BUT you must clean up after yourself. That is why no glass.
Steel targets are also OK again there is a BUT you have to understand when you shoot at steel bullets bounce and go off at random angles.
All targets must be at firing line & no higher than 4' above ground. We have to make sure everything stays in our range.
This is in Range Rules not By-laws.
Yes I did say you can shoot at a can of tomato juice or Hi C just do it safely and clean up.
Good to know people think I can be sarcastic. Yes I can

Eric Dewhirst
TRPC president

Waiting (excitedly) for a letter of acceptance (hopefully). Brother is a member there and I have been there a couple times with him and love it.

can i get anyone to sponser me?? i want to join but don't know anyone who is a member. also, do i have to be a member of the NRA or GOAL to get a membership??

Decided to take a ride to Taunton today and ended up filling out the application. :) I actually just missed the orientation so i'll have to wait for the one in February. Can't wait to join!

According to the calendar on their site the new member orientation is on the 22nd of January. Maybe you missed the cutoff for application since their board meeting was today? (Sunday) I am not really sure exactly how it all works but just eagerly awaiting word on orientation.

Reply from Eric:

Yes you may shoot at cans & plastic bottles or metal targets. BUT you must clean up after yourself. That is why no glass.
Steel targets are also OK again there is a BUT you have to understand when you shoot at steel bullets bounce and go off at random angles.
All targets must be at firing line & no higher than 4' above ground. We have to make sure everything stays in our range.
This is in Range Rules not By-laws.
Yes I did say you can shoot at a can of tomato juice or Hi C just do it safely and clean up.
Good to know people think I can be sarcastic. Yes I can

Eric Dewhirst
TRPC president

So which is it? El Presidente says one thing, the pdf says another. The pdf needs to be updated.

I shoot at cans and plastic bottles there all the time. I clean up after myself. I've never had a problem.

So which is it? El Presidente says one thing, the pdf says another. The pdf needs to be updated.

I shoot at cans and plastic bottles there all the time. I clean up after myself. I've never had a problem.

Kinda like the Constitution huh, Subject to interpretation. All I know is, next time I go I'm bringing some cans. [grin]

I just received my letter inviting me to attend the next new member orientation. Very excited to have a great place to shoot so close to my home. I've become very tired of driving into the woods or spending $20 an hour to rent a lane in Attleboro.

I will be at the indoor range Thursday night introducing a friend of mine to the wonderful world of guns. Might try and get to the outdoor range next weekend if weather permits and finish sighting my AR in on the 100yd range.

Accepted but missed the first orientation available because I was out of town. Next one is the 26th and I am there. Can't wait. After I familiarize myself with the surroundings, I hope to take my 12 y/o in to use my pellet rifle in hopes he would like to take advantage of the Jr. Rifle program they have there.

My favorite is diet sprite like soda (Wal Mart brand), cheap non-messy reactive targets. I have also shot cans frequently and have had no issues. Hopefully this will stay this way since shooting paper targets just isn't as much fun!

Kinda like the Constitution huh, Subject to interpretation. All I know is, next time I go I'm bringing some cans. [grin]

Accepted but missed the first orientation available because I was out of town. Next one is the 26th and I am there. Can't wait. After I familiarize myself with the surroundings, I hope to take my 12 y/o in to use my pellet rifle in hopes he would like to take advantage of the Jr. Rifle program they have there.

My son's 13, loves his Savage 22 and I just got a 22/45 mkIII for him to shoot too. If you want to give your boy a go at either 22 let me know. BTW, welcome to the club.

can i get anyone to sponser me?? i want to join but don't know anyone who is a member. also, do i have to be a member of the NRA or GOAL to get a membership??

Ever get in? I didn't need any sponsors for my app I just wanderd in on a Tuesday and talked to the guys.

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

I ended up finding a sponsor...a good friend of Mine's father is a member, I didn't realize at the time. So he sponsored me, my app has been sent and app fee check was cashed last week, so I'm now eagerly awaiting!!

My son's 13, loves his Savage 22 and I just got a 22/45 mkIII for him to shoot too. If you want to give your boy a go at either 22 let me know. BTW, welcome to the club.

Scott,

Many thanks. I have a MKIII Target he can use if he wants to but we will start him off with the rifles. I really hope he likes it.

Question for all you fellow members. I plan on going to the outdoor range this friday morning but was wondering where the wooden stands that you attach targets too are kept? Are they outside or inside somewhere out of the elements? If inside somewhere how do I access them? I was only able to get their once last year and the stands were already down range. Thanks in advance

Most of the time the stands are at the end of whatever range you shooting at unless they destroyed them,then you have to improvise and use whats ever there.

Was thinking about taking a reloading class through Massloading and received a voicemail reply from them stating if the club can get a minimum of 8 people together then they can possibly come to the club to host the class. First thing would be who did I speak with at the club about this to see if it is even ok? BOD? Also, is anyone interested in this, website is massreloading.com, I know there has many posts on the forum about them, If I am not mistaken I think @eddiecoyle is one of the instructors. The cost looks to be $90.

Question for all you fellow members. I plan on going to the outdoor range this friday morning but was wondering where the wooden stands that you attach targets too are kept? Are they outside or inside somewhere out of the elements? If inside somewhere how do I access them? I was only able to get their once last year and the stands were already down range. Thanks in advance

There always in front of the berm. You can move them L OR R but they should stay right in front of the berm. They do get destroyed sometimes... I plan to build my own to use when I go.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk not while driving! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom