• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Hey guys I'm interested in joining already have the app filled out! Well I would like to look around and turn in my app in person when is a good time to stop by?

I am thinking about joining this range, but I see on the application "sponsoring member". Do you need to have one? I don't know anyone personally who belongs to the club. This will be my first club that I am joining and looks really good and I have seen great reviews on herw about the club. Thanks in advance

.....edit just spoke with someone from the club and questions were answered

Last edited:
I joined last weekend. Already went through almost 1000 rounds. I'm probably headed to the outdoor range today, going to blow at least 200 rounds with the AR. Thank god I reload.

So far I LOVE this place.

Everyone I meet is great. At my orientation one member let me try out trap shooting with his $2000 shotgun. It was awesome fun!

The indoor range is great. I find myself not wanting to sleep. I just want to go to the range.

Application Status

I sent in my application about a month ago I noticed the check was cashed this past Friday the 5th and that there was a board meeting yesterday on Sunday the 7th so I was wondering if there was anyone on here that could tell me the status of my application?

P.S. Sorry for the long post

I sent in my application about a month ago I noticed the check was cashed this past Friday the 5th and that there was a board meeting yesterday on Sunday the 7th so I was wondering if there was anyone on here that could tell me the status of my application?

I know on Friday evening's the board hangs out in the clubhouse. If you don't get an e-mail/phone call by then you could come and talk with them.

my check was cashed on the same day. when i talked to the club pres he said they mail out the info the next week or so! we should hear this week or next at the latest! the orientation isnt for a few more weeks though! i cant wait!

wfd38383:2008818 said:
I'm assuming meet at the clubhouse? Any word if orientation is still on pending possible hurricane?

sent from my Droid incredible using tapatalk

Yes, meet at the clubhouse. I don't know about Sunday but you can email Eric and ask.

Does anybody know how long the orientation runs for? I am going in Sept but it is on the same day as the gun show

Does anybody know how long the orientation runs for? I am going in Sept but it is on the same day as the gun show

If memory serves it's approximately 2 hours. I know when Eric did mine he did not want to be there any longer than needed.

I'll let you know after I go Sunday...Orientation is a little longer than an hour but if you decide to follow Eric to the outdoor range it's around two hours.

Last edited:
What is the rules and regs regarding guests? How many, how often etc.. thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

"Prospective members may only use the indoor or outdoor ranges as a guest of a member. Guests shall not use range facilities more than a few times a year. Permission can be obtained through a written letter or by contacting the club President by email"

I have never had a problem when I take my buddy along with me. If I do bring people to the range, I limit it to just one person. I also share a booth regardless if there are others there or if i have the place to myself. It just makes it easier to keep an eye on my guest and make sure they are shooting in a safe manner regardless if it's their first time shooting or an advanced shooter, because if anything does happen it's my butt on the line.

Here's the link for the rules and regs of the range.

http://www.tauntonrifleandpistol.org/TRPC Range Rules 2009.pdf

Quick question for members...went to the outdoor range tonight to show my wife but couldn't get in. The gate was locked and my key card wasn't working, any suggestions??

I am not 100% sure, but if it was at night or after/near sunset it may not open for anyone.

Quick question for members...went to the outdoor range tonight to show my wife but couldn't get in. The gate was locked and my key card wasn't working, any suggestions??

This seems odd to me. The last 3 times to the outdoor range the magnet was not even working. Yeah the gate was shut, but it was not locked. This includes yesterday when I went to see if I'd fixed my extraction problem on my AR.

Back
Top Bottom