Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Maybe he didn't want to attract possibly unjustified criticism towards the club.

Could be, but once the PD is investigating and once it makes the news in any way, criticism is about to happen. As for criticism from other NES'rs . . . see my sig line. [thinking]

I've been peripherally involved when another club got shutdown because a girl was struck by a spent bullet ~1/2 mile away (from a different club) and all the grief, major renovations and hassle we got from the selectmen and (former) police chief. [NOTE: This was NOT BR&P.]

Some parts of the outdoor range have been closed for "renovations" for a while now and are supposed to be available again soon. Some parts obviously were not closed.

It would have had to have been one heck of a deflection to get just the copper jacket out that far. You can google map the range and see it in relation to the highway. It is Titicut Rd. in Raynham.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of buying a Ruger SR9c but would really like to shoot one first. I'm willing to bring my SW627 with a couple of boxes of .357 in exchange for trying your Sr9c. If your already a member I'm sure I can be flexible with a time; while if you are interested in joining, I'm happy to show you around (indoors as I think the outdoor range is closed) as my guest.

How long do they normally take to process an app? Sent mine in last week with the entry check and have not heard back.

Plan on at least 2-4 weeks, if your concerned you can stop in on a Friday night usually there are E-board members there that can check on your App...

Thanks guys, hope they vote me in. I shot there with a friend once and really like it. Big upgrade over my current range.

Hello all,

My wife and I are thinking of joining the Taunton club, are there any members that can maybe give us a tour of the place, show use around, that sorta thing?
should i just show up could at the monthly meeting?

Thanks.

Just show up on a Friday night, there are usually several club officers there. You also could show up on a Tuesday when the pistol teams are shooting, someone will always show you around no problem. Very friendly club and a very nice facitilty.

Hi Guys,

I joined this club a few of months ago. I love the facilities, but I don't really know anyone there. I would like to meetup with some of you at the club, and get to know you, if anyone is interested in helping out a new guy feel welcome.

Thanks!
-Thor

Stoneypete,

I actually have not shot there yet. I transitioned from another club and had not yet had the chance. I have been working on fixing up my house in my free time. I am realizing how much I missed recreational shooting and "me time", so I am over due to try out the new club. This week I could do Wed, tomorrow isn't good. I work till 4pm mon-fri.

Stoneypete,

I actually have not shot there yet. I transitioned from another club and had not yet had the chance. I have been working on fixing up my house in my free time. I am realizing how much I missed recreational shooting and "me time", so I am over due to try out the new club. This week I could do Wed, tomorrow isn't good. I work till 4pm mon-fri.
Ironic. My Tuesday got filled and Wed is now open. Shoot me a PM (no pun intended) if you are interested and we'll exchange contact info.

Back
Top Bottom