• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

The gate at the outdoor range has been broken for a while. You need to pull it open. It only looks locked. The card reader is not working. Im hoping when they fix it they will replace it with an automatic opener.

Told us at orientation the other day complete gut and update on old indoor range. I believe bring up par with the new range, but backstop would remain the same

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Sending my application in first thing tomorrow. I've shot here twice, once indoors and once outdoors with my friend, and I loved it. There are closer ranges, but I've liked everyone I met and the facilities are awesome.

Sending my application in first thing tomorrow. I've shot here twice, once indoors and once outdoors with my friend, and I loved it. There are closer ranges, but I've liked everyone I met and the facilities are awesome.
awesome! welcome although i find that i have zero time to go and actually shoot there! maybe tomorrow night!!!

How long does it usually take for a decision to be made about being accepted? I mailed my application and fee about two weeks ago.

If you go here http://tauntonrifleandpistol.org/ and check the events calandar, you can see when the meeting following your application is. That should give you a sense of how long you will have to wait. Also, note the date of the next new member orientation that you will need to attend.

Welcome to the club, its a great place t shoot.

How long does it usually take for a decision to be made about being accepted? I mailed my application and fee about two weeks ago.

It can take awhile as stated- depends on when you sent it and the next meeting and orientation meeting. Took me about a month and a half. They wont mail or make any contact with you until a couple weeks leading up to the orientation.

I heard they were going to cap the membership but I don't think thats happened yet.

Oh, going GREEN here may help move your application along. (j/k) [wink]

if going green was all it took, I'd be all over it! [smile]

thanks for the replies, I sent it in at the end of october, so I hope I can go to the orientation at the end of november if I get accepted.

I'm assuming the email address listed on the site(info@...) is not used any longer? I never got a response, and I'm going on a month and a half.

Best bet would be to stop in on a Tuesday night when the pistol teams are shooting or on any Friday night as there are always several board members there at those times....As far as I know the address on the website is good but will check tonight to make sure..

I believe this is covered at their orientation. They do allow plinking, as long as the target is four feet above the ground. I bring my steel plate there recently to plink with.

Awesome. I'm looking to join a club in the area but not many places allow it. My cousin and I were there a few weeks ago and the range that we were on said no shooting at cans or bottles :( The only other place that i know of is Sippican but Taunton is closer to me.

They will cover this at orientation; all targets must be placed directly in front of the berm at 4ft. high. You adjust your range by moving youself closer or farther from the berm, but the targets stay put right in front of the berm.

I believe this is covered at their orientation. They do allow plinking, as long as the target is four feet above the ground. I bring my steel plate there recently to plink with.

Actually, at least a foot off the ground, no higher than 4'.

cans are okay, plastic bottles are okay, glass is NOT.

NO there not!

Shooting at bottles, cans, or other metal objects is prohibited and can result in membership suspension.

Metal targets that are approved by the TRPC or are commercially manufactured, are allowed for use on the outdoor ranges.

Last edited:
I was there a couple weekends ago and a couple guys tried to bring a target from the 100yd berm down to about 20'. The place was PACKED with people. One of the dudes noticed me shaking my head and asked if they could do that... It was put back.

Last thing we need is this place to be shut down for something stupid. Sometimes I think the orientation meeting should include a test. You don't pass, you don't shoot.

I was there a couple weekends ago and a couple guys tried to bring a target from the 100yd berm down to about 20'. The place was PACKED with people. One of the dudes noticed me shaking my head and asked if they could do that... It was put back.

Last thing we need is this place to be shut down for something stupid. Sometimes I think the orientation meeting should include a test. You don't pass, you don't shoot.

Well, that's completely contrary to what the president of the club said this past sunday at orientation...he even reccomended tomato juice cans as being an interesting target.

Back
Top Bottom