Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Has anyone been to the outdoor range lately? I plan on going there Friday morning and was wondering if there are any target stands up? Last time I went there weren't any stands up. Thanks guys

Has anyone been to the outdoor range lately? I plan on going there Friday morning and was wondering if there are any target stands up? Last time I went there weren't any stands up. Thanks guys

Target stands will not be provided because every time they make some (even out of heavy steel) members have shot them to shit. Someone even blew a big hole into some concrete they poured to hold a metal stand.

Since Scott made this statement in April, I highly doubt there will be any stands left.

I was there on Sunday and used the 50 yard lanes on the left as you pull in through the gate. There was a target stand that someone had built and left over to the side but it may not be there on Friday.

I bring my own portable set up ( Flip-In-Target) and a couple of resetting metal targets from Cabelas. Anything you leave behind may be trashed.....

I was there on Sunday and used the 50 yard lanes on the left as you pull in through the gate. There was a target stand that someone had built and left over to the side but it may not be there on Friday.

I bring my own portable set up ( Flip-In-Target) and a couple of resetting metal targets from Cabelas. Anything you leave behind may be trashed.....

I figured as much. I am going to make my own stand and bring it with me. Too bad everything gets destroyed

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are waiting for our licenses to come in, and are looking for a gun club to join during the wait. Taunton looks like a great club and we really like the fact that the indoor range is 24 hrs. We also don't live that far from Taunton so another plus.

One question I have is the application form requests a sponsor, and we don't know anyone that is a member, is this something that will keep us from being able to join? How open is the acceptance to the club do they turn away a lot of people, or is it pretty open?

We both haven't been involved with the sport in a longtime she was in the National Guard and I grew up as kid shooting guns with my family all the time and we both are really excited about getting back involved with it.

Any info on the club or the enrollment process would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are waiting for our licenses to come in, and are looking for a gun club to join during the wait. Taunton looks like a great club and we really like the fact that the indoor range is 24 hrs. We also don't live that far from Taunton so another plus.

One question I have is the application form requests a sponsor, and we don't know anyone that is a member, is this something that will keep us from being able to join? How open is the acceptance to the club do they turn away a lot of people, or is it pretty open?

We both haven't been involved with the sport in a longtime she was in the National Guard and I grew up as kid shooting guns with my family all the time and we both are really excited about getting back involved with it.

Any info on the club or the enrollment process would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

I don't think it will be a problem. I know a few people that joined without sponsors.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance you were there this past Sunday, July 1?

I think I shared the lane with you, farthest to the left.

You and your Buddy started off downrange with a 22 rifle and pistols and then came to the 50 yard benches? Glad I was on your right so you weren't peppered with hot .223 brass..........hope I gave you guys enough room and time to change out targets etc....

Applied for a membership end of July, but still haven't heard anything yet

All the new applications are reviewed on a specific day of each month. They may not have had that meeting yet. You will hear shortly after, then be invited to the next available orientation.

All the new applications are reviewed on a specific day of each month. They may not have had that meeting yet. You will hear shortly after, then be invited to the next available orientation.

it is normaly done at each monthly meeting, normaly the first sun of each month... and the range work party is the sat following... once you are a member show up to the meetings, they only take about hr and they do bowling pin shoots after

I'm looking at joining a club and this one seems to be the most convienient to my house. Is there someone here that might be willing to show me around? Or is there an open house of sorts coming up that I could attend?
Thanks
Wade

I'm looking at joining a club and this one seems to be the most convienient to my house. Is there someone here that might be willing to show me around? Or is there an open house of sorts coming up that I could attend?
Thanks
Wade

If you want to see the out door range sundays noonish are the best. There is normaly a good number of people (and club officers) around. Check out the web site
http://www.tauntonrifleandpistol.org/index.htm
for the callender and the monthly meetings. Show up about an hr or so after the start time and we should be done and someone can help.

OR... send me a PM and I can show you around any day after 17:00 or so, or the weekends depending on work (sorry, not this weekend though)

Is there anyone at the club who teaches basic hunter education? I've tried all year to get into a class, but it seems every time I try and sign up, the class is already filled (even if the website says it isn't) it would be nice to be able to do the class at my home range, and even better if it was members getting first dibs on seats in the class.

Hello all relatively new to NES. I am wondering if there are any members here from taunton rifle club willing to show myself and my wife around the indoor range? We have been going to American firearms school on Tuesdays (ladies free lane time). But we are looking for a local club to become members of. Please send me a PM if nights Tuesdays or Thursdays may work and you're willing. We would really appreciate it

Tuesday nights are league nights. There will be at least a dozen members there willing and able to show you the club if you show up between 6:30 - 9. TRPC is still accepting new membership applications.

The indoor range requires a key card to get into the building. The outdoor range requires one to open the main gate, but Sunday mornings they are open to the public for trap shooting so the gate is open.

i only have pistols currently so i would really like to check out the indoor range and maybe do some shooting if anyone is willing to invite me and my wife (shes pretty hot if that helps.. i joke kinda). Or should i just go on a tuesday and wait outside?

Friday nights is a good night to get a tour on seeing as the old timers tend to hang out there and if you knock they will usually let you in and give you the tour... Unfortunately my schedule is too crazy to meet with you on those nights.... Best of luck and if I can be of anymore assistance feel free to pm me!

I put my application in September 21st. On the 26th when my check was cashed I emailed the main webmaster link to ask if they received the application and if everything was ok, then I called the voice mail and left a message. No response. I saw the secretary's email and emailed him and said, wondering if my information came up as I work on last Sunday of the month and couldn't attend the meeting. Still no response. I thought for sure that someone would've confirmed the receipt, especially when money is involved, of my application. Then I read here that I'll just get mail.

The reason I'm even bringing it up is, I know people keep telling me, go as a "guest", but to me guest sounds a lot like "freeload". I'd rather be paying my dues and investing accordingly.

I put my application in September 21st. On the 26th when my check was cashed I emailed the main webmaster link to ask if they received the application and if everything was ok, then I called the voice mail and left a message. No response. I saw the secretary's email and emailed him and said, wondering if my information came up as I work on last Sunday of the month and couldn't attend the meeting. Still no response. I thought for sure that someone would've confirmed the receipt, especially when money is involved, of my application. Then I read here that I'll just get mail.

The reason I'm even bringing it up is, I know people keep telling me, go as a "guest", but to me guest sounds a lot like "freeload". I'd rather be paying my dues and investing accordingly.

It can take a couple months, depends on when they accept your application at a business meeting, once they do you'll get a letter a couple weeks before your orientation. The wait sucks !

Sent from my Photon while working.

It can take a couple months, depends on when they accept your application at a business meeting, once they do you'll get a letter a couple weeks before your orientation. The wait sucks !

Sent from my Photon while working.

You're not kidding. It's the silence that bugs me the most.

Was at the range yesterday 2nd pistol/rifle range from the left. Had 6 AR Mags only 5 came home. If anyone found it and is willing to return it i'll give enough ammo to fill it to take home. I just finished refinishing the mag and putting a new Magpul follower in it. Its nice freshly painted black with a yellow magpul follwer. Thanks

I will be heading to the outdoor range this weekend and will be shooting on one of the 50yd ranges so I will keep an eye out for it. If it's a preban 30 rounder chances are it already grew some legs but I'll keep an eye out anyways and let you know if anything pops up.

Back
Top Bottom