• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Steel at .29. 9mm finally below 30 cents a round!
Copper jacket steel 5.56 at .35 per

Last edited:
And now...

Blazer Brass for a few pennies more... (.33 per round)

CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain FMJ
1008.jpg

I'd obviously welcome that with open arms, but what makes you so optimistic we'll see 15 cents again? Just curious. Seems like a departure from the slow, albeit stead drop we've been seeing.
Things are moving that's for sure!

I know, I dont see the allure for few pennies. I got into this just months before covid hit. What would the usual difference between steel and brass be, roughly?
a dime?

On the plus side; Someday that brass will be worth more than a few pennies because reloading will be the only way to own bulk ammo that is not heavily taxed or restricted.

I do dearly hope not though...

Right now, inflation is the biggest hurdle in the price of ammunition. All the new, panic buyers have the 2 boxes they wanted (and still think that's too much for one person to own)
The cost of; lead/copper/powder/primers/brass plus the man-hours and energy to produce/box/ship it, is what we are paying for now.

When gas goes back under $2 bucks a gallon, we may see .20 cent 9mm again... maybe.

Reloadability and steel on brass vs steel on steel? Steel/brass the wear is happening to the brass. Steel/steel the internals of the gun are experiencing more wear?

I thought that steel was dirtier than brass...I'm thinking the only steel I ever used was really dirty.
Most of the steel ammo is Eastern European (Com-bloc or Ex-Com-Bloc)) and their powders/primers aren't as "smokeless" as Western offerings.

That said, I don't mind "dirty" ammo, if it's accurate/consistent. Plus, it can provide its own smokescreen in defensive situations... [rofl]

Right now, inflation is the biggest hurdle in the price of ammunition. All the new, panic buyers have the 2 boxes they wanted (and still think that's too much for one person to own)
The cost of; lead/copper/powder/primers/brass plus the man-hours and energy to produce/box/ship it, is what we are paying for now.

When gas goes back under $2 bucks a gallon, we may see .20 cent 9mm again... maybe.
Oh for the good old days (2018):

TSPP3006GMC-BULK - PP3006GMC
Prvi Partizan 30-06 Springfield Ammo M1 Garand 150 Grain FMJ 500 Rounds in Ammo Can-Case of 500 (25 Boxes of 20) - Free Shipping1$294.35$294.35
TS5200 - 5200CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket-Box of 5010$8.73$87.31

Oh for the good old days (2018):

TSPP3006GMC-BULK - PP3006GMC
Prvi Partizan 30-06 Springfield Ammo M1 Garand 150 Grain FMJ 500 Rounds in Ammo Can-Case of 500 (25 Boxes of 20) - Free Shipping1$294.35$294.35
TS5200 - 5200CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket-Box of 5010$8.73$87.31
I miss those days…

Lol no I just forget how pricy factory 44 mag ammo is
Yeah, I'm building up some brass reloading supplies. These come loaded, which makes it more acceptable... for now.

I had picked up some PPU a while back, but have heard about the wall thickness being iffy for reloads.

I thought you were saying that you did not like this Remy load. [smile]

Yeah, I'm building up some brass reloading supplies. These come loaded, which makes it more acceptable... for now.

I had picked up some PPU a while back, but have heard about the wall thickness being iffy for reloads.

I thought you were saying that you did not like this Remy load. [smile]
Nice. Yeah I had issues with the PPU brass but maybe I had a bad lot.
The Remington 44 mag ammo is loaded WARM. Definitely not a weak load lol. Good stuff.

this ammo makes an insanely loud boom and flash from my 629. the powder must be slow burning. In the Henry carbine the velocities were absurdly high. Damn 44 mag is one of the best cartridges ever.
Agreed. 357 and 44 mag are probably my favorites.

Has anyone else had deliveries shipped in vastly oversized boxes? Just got a brick of 22 in a maybe 18" cube with some heavy paper packing material thrown in. Not complaining just sort of comical. Saw a delivery made the day before yesterday and thought "What did I order?" because the box was so huge. Same size difference today. Supply issues so theyre using whatever they can get their hands on?

Back
Top Bottom