• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I'll take some of that, didn't they go out of business?
Aye...

Hodgdon Powder Company announced it would cease manufacturing operations at the GOEX blackpowder manufacturing facility in Camp Minden, La., effective immediately. The closure eliminates the only domestic source of blackpowder in the United States.Sep 28, 2021

I afraid you have to be an old original Star Trek fan to get this one. They did a takeoff of it in the 1999 comedy “Galexy Quest”, memorable for Sigourney Weaver’s character Gwen DeMarco:
I've posted a raft of Arena gunpowder stills on NES.
But not nearly enough Gwen DeMarco shots.
(I think at least one animated GIF of the Chompers,
and definitely a bunch of these).

Who does everyone recommend for a club to utilize the CMP? I was a member to one 15 years ago when I bought my Garand, but they are no longer around.

You can join GOAL. That's the club I used when ordering my Garand.

Unfortunately for me, their ammo is good quality and relatively cheap. My credit card has been hit for a bunch of orders recently and it's starting to really add up! :cool:

I'd obviously welcome that with open arms, but what makes you so optimistic we'll see 15 cents again? Just curious. Seems like a departure from the slow, albeit stead drop we've been seeing.
15 cents for russian steel, not american brass. I think the price decline is picking up momentum. Steel brands are the lowest price and well in stock. They can only sit on the shelf for so long before they'll drop the price some more. Plus American manufacturers are really ramping up production as well.

15 cents for russian steel, not american brass. I think the price decline is picking up momentum. Steel brands are the lowest price and well in stock. They can only sit on the shelf for so long before they'll drop the price some more. Plus American manufacturers are really ramping up production as well.
I’ll start buying again when steel hits .07.

Whoever runs for 2024 POTUS (GOP) MUST, and I mean MUST commit to repealing any and all EO's that effect ammo and firearms IMPORTATION in a negative way...
~Enbloc

Who does everyone recommend for a club to utilize the CMP? I was a member to one 15 years ago when I bought my Garand, but they are no longer around.

G.O.A.L. of Massachusetts is a great choice. It's like doing a Double-Good thing.
First: You get to buy from the CMP...
Second: You are supporting a Mass-based Group that has interests in helping you retain your Gun Rights.

Are they perfect? No. But, until Comm2A gets listed as an acceptable org./club; G.O.A.L. fills the bill...

~Enbloc

I got that you were talking bout russian steel. Brass rarely dipped below 17 cents even before the world ended. Just that the time between 40 and 30 cents seemed like at least a full quarter if not longer, and the supply chain issues and rare earth material scarcity hasn't really solved itself yet, so I'm worried that the price will only drop to a point and just stay there for a good long while, setting a new equilibrium price.

Just my armchair opinion from 10,000 feet, but I'd wager that what we're seeing now with prices coming down ever so slightly is more the impact of the end of new gun owner ammo sales and panic shopping/hording, and something closer resembling "normal" on the demand side. This lowers the equilibrium price, but that is independent of historical pricing. But I'd absolutely love to be wrong here though.

I got that you were talking bout russian steel. Brass rarely dipped below 17 cents even before the world ended. Just that the time between 40 and 30 cents seemed like at least a full quarter if not longer, and the supply chain issues and rare earth material scarcity hasn't really solved itself yet, so I'm worried that the price will only drop to a point and just stay there for a good long while, setting a new equilibrium price.

Just my armchair opinion from 10,000 feet, but I'd wager that what we're seeing now with prices coming down ever so slightly is more the impact of the end of new gun owner ammo sales and panic shopping/hording, and something closer resembling "normal" on the demand side. This lowers the equilibrium price, but that is independent of historical pricing. But I'd absolutely love to be wrong here though.
This. People are starting to hoard food now. Ammo is on the back burner... for some, for now.

We're one mass shooting event or POTUS EO from ticking the demand up... I pray for neither.

The TS order I placed this morning for XM193 is showing up tomorrow according to the shipping notice I received a few hours ago. [smile]

At those prices I hope they’re throwing in a lap dance too. But good for you, you do what you have to do if you’re new to the game.

On the contrary, I'm not sure I have anywhere to store it but figured I'd grab it anyway. $0.64/round sucks but whatever. A year from now that might look like a bargain. In fact, I'm setting a calendar reminder for myself right now with a link to this post so I can check back on 11/11/21 to see how well this post has aged.

It's a day early, but a year ago I paid $0.64/rd for federal xm193. What's it going for these days? It doesn't look like TS has it in stock at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom