Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

766FA669-E66E-47BB-8BAD-6583987F338C.jpeg

What are we looking at here? (Looks nice!)
CZ527 in 7.62x39

I was thinking the same thing. Never in my life, over thousands of rounds, have I ever touched brass-cased x39.
Winchester has a great JSP round for AKs for deer and other thin skinned game. Great HD round too. It's too bad that it's probably rape priced now it used to be like 11 or 12 bucks a box when I bought it but that was ages ago

Winchester has a great JSP round for AKs for deer and other thin skinned game. Great HD round too. It's too bad that it's probably rape priced now it used to be like 11 or 12 bucks a box when I bought it but that was ages ago
Same as Underwood, Igman, PPU, and Norma. This is Belom. I have brass Igman and PPU too. Underwood controlled chaos is like Louis XVI.

Since the shamdemic I have been sitting on a few cases of .45 Auto and waiting for the price to come down before doing much shooting of the caliber. But that doesn't look like it is going to happen (at least not like 9mm has) so I'm looking at what TSUSA has to offer to replace what I might use.

This New Republic brand that TSUSA is featuring has an almost too good to ignore price, at least compared to other .45 Auto offerings there.

Has the brand been discussed here? I did a bit of looking around and it seems it is manufactured for them in Hungry by the RUAG Ammotec Group (RWS, Geco, Norma).

Interesting to find something I did not know however was that RUAG of Switzerland sold its interest in Ammotec to Beretta Holdings last August.

As for the New Republic at TSUSA unless I get negative feedback here I will probably give it a try. My preference is for Speer Lawman but -$2.60 a box is hard not to roll the dice on. Besides which I have shot cases of Geco without issue and the New Republic probably comes off the same assembly line.

Edit: Update - confirmed via TSUSA answers that the New Republic brand is made in the MFS Ammunition plant in Hungry. Which according to the MFS website was used by RUAG Group to supply product for their various brands (Geco, Norma, etc.).

MFS Ammunition

🐯

Last edited:
This New Republic brand that TSUSA is featuring has an almost too good to ignore price, at least compared to other .45 Auto offerings there.

Has the brand been discussed here? I did a bit of looking around and it seems it is manufactured for them in Hungry by the RUAG Ammotec Group (RWS, Geco, Norma).
I shot some of their .357 rounds. Seem to have done well to date. In fact, my membership gift just showed up (a box of New Republic 9mm).

I don't think x39 will ever be < 50cpr ever again :(

And I don't see 223 coming down at all from 45cpr. It's domestically produced, what the hell?
Yeah I almost shit when I looked at ammo seek for x39. Wow. Thank Christ I stocked deep.
Cheapest I can find is 45 cpr shipped for sterling x39

Yeah I almost shit when I looked at ammo seek for x39. Wow. Thank Christ I stocked deep.
Cheapest I can find is 45 cpr shipped for sterling x39
As I mentioned in another thread, I think you’d be better off buying brass cased x39 for 50 cpr shipped and selling the brass. The cases are worth a MINIMUM of 12 cents each for a super fast sale.

Wolf 54r for $.61 per. Haven't seen any in a while doubt we'll see much more after this.
They have x39(belom is cheaper), .223 and 6.5 Grendel as well.

Wolf 54r for $.61 per. Haven't seen any in a while doubt we'll see much more after this.
They have x39(belom is cheaper), .223 and 6.5 Grendel as well.
I have a sealed bucket full of 7.62x54r ... I am thinking of letting it go for 50cpr.

I need to check how many rounds I have, but at least 500.

I don't think x39 will ever be < 50cpr ever again :(

And I don't see 223 coming down at all from 45cpr. It's domestically produced, what the hell?
My thoughts exactly. Glad I bought those two cases of GT from you lol.

Regarding the .223 pricing, what many people don't realize is even though that's an "American caliber" the Russian ammo ban will have a impact on all ammo, not just combloc calibers. The cheap Russian steel .223/5.56/9mm etc which has been flooding the market forever, kept the supply of all calibers high and in effect prevents American manufacturers from jacking their prices up, because then everyone would just buy the cheap Russian steel instead. They have(had) to price competitively in order to sell. Now with that lack of cheap Russian steel, the supply is dried up and American manufacturers of 9mm/.223/5.56 can jack up their prices and increase their margins.

Armscor 7.62x51 $.69 per with prime. Not a bad price for factory new. Still a bit more then I'd like to pay, but hy hopes of it getting cheaper dwindle a hit more each day.

Edit: Update - confirmed via TSUSA answers that the New Republic brand is made in the MFS Ammunition plant in Hungry. Which according to the MFS website was used by RUAG Group to supply product for their various brands (Geco, Norma, etc.).

MFS Ammunition

Got some .45 Auto and some 9mm. Have not shot any yet and my only complaint so far is that when handling the 9mm boxes the end flaps open on their own, so I had to add a little tape to each end of all the boxes.

MFS Defense linked above is indeed on the case's label...(see arrow below)

OVQGA3O.jpg

🐯

Back
Top Bottom