Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I’m not sure that I associate .38 special with “battlepacks.”

If you want to dive into history, the .38 special was developed to address the shortcomings of the .38 Long Colt discovered in the Philippine-American War. It was phased out for military use in 1907.

The people who were issued .38 specials in WWII (and later) had one thing in common. They weren't expected to be fighting battles with them. Instead, they were aviators, guards, police, and the like. Like many materiel decisions in the early days of WWII, it was a matter of grabbing whatever could be supplied in quantity. Perhaps my favorite example are the "yellow" (actually rawhide) gloves used by paratroopers. It wasn't a studied choice -- they had leftover gloves from the era of horse cavalry, so that's what was issued.

Igman 556 back up. Apparently someone said this was gtg.

Thanks for pointing it out DJ.

I just ordered some more this morning.

There are photos here from the very first shipment I got.

🐯

Ever since I went prime. My shipments take a day or two longer now.

Ordered Wednesday, shipped yesterday. For some reason I can't get that next day delivery everyone keeps talking about. Expected delivery time is by 1900 tonight.
Maybe product related? I just got some Mini Mags. I can't say every delivery is a one or two day thing. Been a Prime member forever so can't really compare Prime/non-Prime delivery times.

Ordered Wednesday, shipped yesterday. For some reason I can't get that next day delivery everyone keeps talking about. Expected delivery time is by 1900 tonight.
Before prime I would get my shipments from them the next day. And it wasn’t a one time thing. Then I joined prime, and what a difference. My ordered doesn’t get processed for a day or two let alone shipped. I don’t understand.

Got an alert for 32 Winchester special. If anyone needs some:
View attachment 665986
Holy shit. I know stuff is expensive but i have a couple boxes of this that my uncle had kicking around, and gave them to me.

I think he bought them in the late 80s or 90's and the price tag on the box is like 5.99 from Kmart.

Last edited:
Holy shit. I know stuff is expensive but i have a couple boxes of this that my uncle had kicking around, and gave them to me when he gave me his guns.

I think he bought them in the late 80s or 90's and the price tag on the box is like 5.99 from Kmart.
I like finding boxes of ammo from either K Mart or Caldors.

Here are a few boxes from the "heritage collection" I inherited from my dad. We made a trip to The Fair in Spencer almost every Saturday of my childhood!

IMG_1706.jpg
Evolution of prices and packaging! $2.49, $2.80, and $2.99 from The Fair, and $2.97 from K-Mart.

IMG_1707.jpg
$1.47 from The Fair.

IMG_1708.jpg
2 for $5.00 sale at K-Mart. Yup, Minimags for $.025 cpr!

Last edited:
Here are a few boxes from the "heritage collection" I inherited from my dad. We made a trip to The Fair in Spencer almost every Saturday of my childhood!

View attachment 666212
Evolution of prices and packaging! $2.49, $2.80, and $2.99 from The Fair, and $2.97 from K-Mart.

View attachment 666211
$1.47 from The Fair.

View attachment 666210
Dad had some old deer slugs......5 pack of Sluggers were 1.99 at the Fair.

CMP finally has some new ammo up, including M1 .30-06 with Lapua bullets and brass @ 100 rounds for $150 shipped. Also some other .30-06, .308, and some Fed Gold Medal .223. this is their first drop in a log time!
Fed AE from the looks of it...
200-rd case $308.95
$1.54/round
1664318557276.png

Last edited:
Fed AE from the looks of it...
200-rd case $308.95
$1.54/round
View attachment 667146
Seems like the PPU 500 round cans from TS for $500 was the better deal. Explains why it’s not in stock 😂
The Creedmoor 167 gr ammo though is a good deal. Match grade brass and bullets. Can sell the brass if you don’t reload and recoup some money. Easier to sell brass on the CMP forums I think

Seems like the PPU 500 round cans from TS for $500 was the better deal. Explains why it’s not in stock 😂
The Creedmoor 167 gr ammo though is a good deal. Match grade brass and bullets. Can sell the brass if you don’t reload and recoup some money. Easier to sell brass on the CMP forums I think
As the economy sinks like the Titanic... $1.50ish per round doesn't sound like a deal breaker. Especially if it is a Major Manufacturer and Garand-Safe.

May better times be ahead...

View attachment 666212

View attachment 666211
$1.47 from The Fair.

View attachment 666210

you need to up the price 5x and sell it in the classifieds as heritage ammo

Back
Top Bottom