• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

TSU must be watching, because I'm getting next day delivery for a few boxes of ammo today. Very nice.
I think their sales are dropping too. People are running out of money and most folks do not have the spare ching or already have enough ammo in their estimation...
Not every gun owner is as Gung-ho as even the humblest NES'er...

Best value on their site is the Igman 5.56mm M193

However the otherwise nice packaging has a fatal flaw and that is too little glue on a key box seam. If I was to to have a hope of the boxes not popping open and spilling rounds on the way to the range it was going to take some Scotch tape.

I sat down and taped 50 boxes like loud little xmas presents to myself.

Ib5LsXD.jpg

🐯

Best value on their site is the Igman 5.56mm M193

However the otherwise nice packaging has a fatal flaw and that is too little glue on a key box seam. If I was to to have a hope of the boxes not popping open and spilling rounds on the way to the range it was going to take some Scotch tape.

I sat down and taped 50 boxes like loud little xmas presents to myself.

Ib5LsXD.jpg

🐯
Might be my next purchase, try a few of those.

Yeah I liked that factory bag of 10 boxes as well, but as soon as you take them out you have to deal with that weak box glue, so I preemptively took them out and taped them.

🐯

That's the cue for me to get an ammo can and start just dumping it loose into 30 or 50 cal cans....

Hell I used to do that with 762 x 39 I hated those little 20 rd boxes with the little pieces of paper in them. id dump all that shit out on a throw rug and debox all the ammo. [rofl] I

That's the cue for me to get an ammo can and start just dumping it loose into 30 or 50 cal cans....

Hell I used to do that with 762 x 39 I hated those little 20 rd boxes with the little pieces of paper in them. id dump all that shit out on a throw rug and debox all the ammo. [rofl] I
...or toss them in sandwich bags in qty 1-200 then put the bags in your ammo cans

I have to store everything in factory boxes, in ammo cans, with two desiccant packs, and only after entering the quantity, specs, and lot number into my ammo spreadsheet.

Such is the cost of OCD. :p

🐯

I have to store everything in factory boxes, in ammo cans, with two desiccant packs, and only after entering the quantity, specs, and lot number into my ammo spreadsheet.

🐯

Yeah but the stupid horrible boxes just arent needed, you can still maintain control over that without horrible packaging being in the middle.

Hell a guy I bought ammo from had mylar bags with dessicant things in them and the cans had the qty on them and he had the box-end inside the bag to mark the lot number. He probably also had an ammo spreadsheet.

Yeah but the stupid horrible boxes just arent needed, you can still maintain control over that without horrible packaging being in the middle.

Hell a guy I bought ammo from had mylar bags with dessicant things in them and the cans had the qty on them and he had the box-end inside the bag to mark the lot number. He probably also had an ammo spreadsheet.
No mylar and desiccant here, but otherwise the same.

My last case of golden tiger 7.62x39, I was stacking some boxes in an ammo can and 1/4 of them literally just exploded in my hand. . It doesn't have to be that way..... they go thru all the trouble to put paper in between the layers, but what about a little peice of tape or drip of glue?

🐯

Honestly that's a good thing to be OCD about. Cases of ammo aren't cheap and keeping it preserved and ready to use is worth it.

@puška m70 my theory on those stupid f****** boxes is that the guy who made the machine that actually packages the ammo in those boxes is very proud of his creation and they won't bulk pack the stuff because they respect whoever that guy is too much... 🤣 if you go on YouTube and you find like the vympel/GT factory tour you'll notice when you see that machine how f***ing complicated it is...... 🤣 the inventor is probably some kind of "Industrial Automation hero of the Soviet Union" or something.....

@puška m70 my theory on those stupid f****** boxes is that the guy who made the machine that actually packages the ammo in those boxes is very proud of his creation and they won't bulk pack the stuff because they respect whoever that guy is too much... 🤣 if you go on YouTube and you find like the vympel/GT factory tour you'll notice when you see that machine how f***ing complicated it is...... 🤣 the inventor is probably some kind of"Industrial Automation hero of the Soviet Union"or something.....

Hahahah that is hilarious, and I could actually see that being a real thing.

Last edited:
Target Sports, connecticut, 'prime' members, "extra" discount once year (was 9/19). decent deal only if ya buy a lot on that day. maybe 10 cases (then hope prices dont later come down?).
9mm 115 fmj Blazer Brass, $300 case (1,000). a more "casual" shooter, buy 5 cases random times during year=275 with the 8% discount (shipping is free for non prime member anyway)...but add 20 per case to cover $100 for prime divided by 5 cases=$295 case instead of $300.
but they ship fast. 2 times I ordered a case early morning, was at my door late afternoon next day. and save shipping chgs if ya just want to try coupla boxes of something.

Last edited:
Target Sports, connecticut, 'prime' members, "extra" discount once year (was 9/19). decent deal only if ya buy a lot on that day. maybe 10 cases (then hope prices dont later come down?).
9mm 115 fmj Blazer Brass, $300 case (1,000). a more "casual" shooter, buy 5 cases random times during year=275 with the 8% discount (shipping is free for non prime member anyway)...but add 20 per case to cover $100 for prime divided by 5 cases=$295 case instead of $300.
but they ship fast. 2 times I ordered a case early morning, was at my door late afternoon next day. and save shipping chgs if ya just want to try coupla boxes of something.
Are you having a "stroke' ? :p

This should be an ad for casting/reloading
Literally the reason I initially started reloading. Inherited a Winchester Model 94 in .32WS and a couple dozen rounds of dubious ammo that was older than me for sure.

Picked up a few boxes at Cabelas last year for I think $55 a box and I’m set for awhile at least.

Ammo was hard to find before Covid/scarcity, now it’s almost non-existent or $4/rd on gunbroker.

I just got an email from TS that I am getting a mystery gift. Anyone else get any of these as a prime member? I’m wondering what it could be. Maybe a cheap knife or hat or something.

right. traditionally it was some small amount of ammo. for a while they would send an ammo box. usually some stickers and other swag.

this last year, stickers and a simple cleaning kit.

maybe there'll be ammo again next year?

Back
Top Bottom