• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

the tough part about wal mart ammo is not actually finding one with ammo. the tough part is getting one of these over achieving hood boogers to go there and open the case within 30 mins of initiation. Also, just an fyi, the employees DO in fact get mad at you for going on the intercom and asking "for an associate to sporting goods for freedom Fuel"
I think the hard part about buying ammo at WM is living with yourself afterwards.

F*ck that place.

Yeah, they can be iffy in semi-autos but most of my .22lr's are revolvers/bolt guns and levers. I have virtually zero issues except the "bad primer void" on the rim. I set those very few aside
and feed them so the pin hits another location on the rim. 8 out of 10 of those = BANG.

These are also a bit faster than the standard velocity rounds.

I paid $18.59 a box on Tuesday so it is more like 5 1/2 cents a round. I got my Bag Limit of 3 [rofl]
So, just under 1,000 rds for $55.77...

One point to add: If you don't own at least 1 .22 revolver and 1 .22 bolt gun... you are missing out on being able to shoot whatever is on the shelf. (.22LR/.22L/.22SHORT)
~Enbloc
Good points lol. I do have a Dan Wesson 22 revolver so that should eat anything. I just don't shoot it very much. The TX22 and my 22lr short barreled rifle get shot way more.

the tough part about wal mart ammo is not actually finding one with ammo. the tough part is getting one of these over achieving hood boogers to go there and open the case within 30 mins of initiation. Also, just an fyi, the employees DO in fact get mad at you for going on the intercom and asking "for an associate to sporting goods for freedom Fuel"
Are you an American or an American't?

I don’t want to start a new thread, so pardon the subtle hijack.

What do you use to label ammo cans? I have some plastic ones with the dumb stickers that fall off, none of my current .30 or .50 cal steel cans have labels.
Chalk? Probably rub off.
Tape and sharpie?
Nail polish?
Paint markers?

I could easily do this by trial and error, but this seems like something with a lot of potential answers and I’m sure someone has a really good one, maybe.

What do you use to label ammo cans? I have some plastic ones with the dumb stickers that fall off, none of my current .30 or .50 cal steel cans have labels.
Chalk? Probably rub off.
Tape and sharpie?
Nail polish?
Paint markers?

I could easily do this by trial and error, but this seems like something with a lot of potential answers and I’m sure someone has a really good one, maybe.
Label printer. Just buy one, they are cheap.
DYMO Label Maker LabelManager 160 Portable Label Maker, Easy-to-Use, One-Touch Smart Keys, QWERTY Keyboard, Large Display, for Home & Office Organization, Black Amazon product ASIN B005X9VZ70View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005X9VZ70/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6B2RSE8F23RNMHRZHF8Q

Chalk? Probably rub off.
Tape and sharpie?
Nail polish?
Paint markers?

Painters tape + sharpie is what I do. Nothing fancy.

Echo approves.
a2d5c265-0cf6-4821-92b1-a590bf29f355-jpeg.518746
Echo is performing due diligence
before competing in
the Ammo Box Challenge.

IF IT FITS, I SITS!! DO IT!
adventures-of-business-cat-comics-tom-fonder-13__880.jpg

What do you use to label ammo cans?
Peak skinflint:
¼ strip cut from a standard 3"x3" PostIt,
attached with Scotch brand magic transparent tape.

Back
Top Bottom