• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Yesterdays grossly overpriced Russian steel in 76239 went fairly quickly. People must be anticipating the worst. Imagine the profit margin on the S&B 762!!!!!

Grossly overpriced? Unfortunately I think that may be where were at now. Regardless of continued imports, there’s now a perceived finite supply. It’s kind of like gas prices, they don’t change with new shipments, they change with perceived replacement costs much like almost all commodities.

Grossly overpriced? Unfortunately I think that may be where were at now. Regardless of continued imports, there’s now a perceived finite supply. It’s kind of like gas prices, they don’t change with new shipments, they change with perceived replacement costs much like almost all commodities.

I know, it's all about the free market, blah, blah, blah. I agree with your assessment. Still, such a steep jump in a short time is based more on perception than reality. Current import agreements are still in effect. So grossly overpriced, I'll stand behind.

Having said all that, at some point I will probably buy one of those overpriced cases just as an insurance policy.

Also curious to see what 619DW will be charging for their next shipment of x39. He said $100 cheaper than online. So if we go by TSUSA that’s somewhere around $400 for a case?? Oof
Unfortunately I was spot on with the new price:(
GT x39 at 619DW now $400 per case. Obviously cheaper than online but damn what a shame.

Unfortunately I was spot on with the new price:(
GT x39 at 619DW now $400 per case. Obviously cheaper than online but damn what a shame.

I'm going to regret asking this. Does he have some back in stock or is that the future price when he gets his next shipment? Going to be in the area tomorrow, soooooo..... ;)

I'm going to regret asking this. Does he have some back in stock or is that the future price when he gets his next shipment? Going to be in the area tomorrow, soooooo..... ;)
Keith sent out the email at 12:15 today saying the cases were on the floor today. I guess you'd have to call to see if there will be more left tomorrow.

Not much room in the back for it... but he had 3.5 pallets on the floor as of 2:30PM...

He is happy as a clam and so is Alexey. Things look smooth and maybe a dozen people mingling with the guns and ammo.

While these prices are higher than last weekend, this is great ammo for 39 cents a round. If TSUSA had Wolf in stock it would be about $535/case (including tax & insurance)
~Enbloc

I didnt get the email. But only asked to be put on the list a few days ago. Great shop, probably make the ride this weekend to grab a case and some other provisions. Curious if any limits with the price increase?

Edit. DW just posted 2 min ago. As of now No limits 399 a case.

I didnt get the email. But only asked to be put on the list a few days ago. Great shop, probably make the ride this weekend to grab a case and some other provisions. Curious if any limits with the price increase?
Wasn't any today. At least not for me... and I'm nobody...

While these prices are higher than last weekend, this is great ammo for 39 cents a round. If TSUSA had Wolf in stock it would be about $535/case (including tax & insurance)
~Enbloc
Agreed. If 556 was this price, everyone would eat it up. GT x39 is good stuff. I researched the youtube reviews and it's on the higher end of steel ammo. 39 cents in a scamdemic with potatohead in office, I would still buy a case or two for 30 cal power.

Keith told me he was going to get a post out to NES with update as so as he can...

Keith told me he was going to get a post out to NES with update as so as he can...

I gotta ask. Is Golden Tiger really superior to Wolf and Tula though? I’ve shot so many brands and honestly they are pretty much the same. Only velocity, standard deviation, and accuracy can be technical differentials. Lots of videos on that. GT doesn’t make a HP or SP and between a case of Wolf Military SP’s and GT fmj at the same price I would most certainly choose the Wolf. How does Rob Ski feel about Barnaul vs GT if apples to apples? Just throwing this out there to stir the pot. We all love that lacquer with the purple and red paint though.

Edit. DW just posted 2 min ago. As of now No limits 399 a case.
I wonder how long it will last. I think it was four pallets when I got one case today
I think I will get a couple more if its around another in the next day or so
Its not $250 a case but not much you can do about that.

Picked up a case of these which should be arriving soon. M67 non-corrosive from some former comm bloc country. Familiar to anyone?
B005B256-7BEF-4D29-88E3-8251578273F0.jpeg

I gotta ask. Is Golden Tiger really superior to Wolf and Tula though? I’ve shot so many brands and honestly they are pretty much the same. Only velocity, standard deviation, and accuracy can be technical differentials. Lots of videos on that. GT doesn’t make a HP or SP and between a case of Wolf Military SP’s and GT fmj at the same price I would most certainly choose the Wolf. How does Rob Ski feel about Barnaul vs GT if apples to apples? Just throwing this out there to stir the pot. We all love that lacquer with the purple and red paint though.
Superior? Maybe slightly. I've found it less dirty on combustion and slightly better accuracy. (but I'm not a scientific shooter)
I'm sure that youTube would better answer your question with chronos and data charts.

That said, it is definitely not inferior.

People seem to like the sealed primers. My youtube research shows me Wolf averages 80-100 fps faster than GT and they group very similarly.

I wonder how long it will last. I think it was four pallets when I got one case today
I think I will get a couple more if its around another in the next day or so
Its not $250 a case but not much you can do about that.
Good question. I would go tomorrow if I could, but alas some of us have to work right. (And that by no means is a dig at you, Where I am in the city of Springfield I see plenty of the same people every single day doing the same nothing. Perfectly able bodied people).
Perhaps I’ll make the ride Saturday morning, it’s great having NES who can help report on these things. Knowledge is power, and The ability to reach each other across the region instantaneously is terrific.

Yesterdays grossly overpriced Russian steel in 76239 went fairly quickly. People must be anticipating the worst. Imagine the profit margin on the S&B 762!!!!!

This is the exact same thing that happened last Nov16th lol

Panic, buy, panic buy.. Credit cards get maxxed out, buying slows and prices start to go down.

Just as prices go down and supplies start ramping back up.. another panic, buy, panic buy..

This is like the 10th time panic buy panic buy has happened.

The problem(high prices) is most of the people buying ammo only because everybody else is buying it.. The paranoia is feeding itself..The last panic, how many people in here were buying ammo in calibers they don't even own, or buying ammo they don't really need ?

This is the exact same thing that happened last Nov16th lol

Panic, buy, panic buy.. Credit cards get maxxed out, buying slows and prices start to go down.

Just as prices go down and supplies start ramping back up.. another panic, buy, panic buy..

This is like the 10th time panic buy panic buy has happened.
All true. Except now we have a Biden EO that will effect things...

Back
Top Bottom