• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

True, but I don't think it is the end of x39 like the panic buying is suggesting.
Honestly, this round will never go away. Only cost more and have spotty production.
If we have to depend on US manufacturers. they will put 7.62x39 way down the list of priorities and line scheduling.

Honestly, this round will never go away. Only cost more and have spotty production.
If we have to depend on US manufacturers. they will put 7.62x39 way down the list of priorities and line scheduling.

There are plenty of x39 producers located outside of Russia.

It's all relative, prices never go down.. the last time I bought x39 it was $99 for 1k, so anytime after say $150 I thought it was unreasonable lol

Actually, I think I bought some GT in an ammo can from DW619 for $139

I predict..... x39 will never get below $250 a k, once things stabilize.

I'll bet a donut hole :D

I gotta ask. Is Golden Tiger really superior to Wolf and Tula though? I’ve shot so many brands and honestly they are pretty much the same. Only velocity, standard deviation, and accuracy can be technical differentials. Lots of videos on that. GT doesn’t make a HP or SP and between a case of Wolf Military SP’s and GT fmj at the same price I would most certainly choose the Wolf. How does Rob Ski feel about Barnaul vs GT if apples to apples? Just throwing this out there to stir the pot. We all love that lacquer with the purple and red paint though.
Yeah I think the only thing “better” about GT compared to Wolf or Tula is the sealant for long term storage.
In my experience they all go bang and all have no issues hitting my 8" plate at 120 yards. Good enough for me

It's all relative, prices never go down.. the last time I bought x39 it was $99 for 1k, so anytime after say $150 I thought it was unreasonable lol

Actually, I think I bought some GT in an ammo can from DW619 for $139
Agreed. I just think this latest bullshit means the end of 25 cpr x39. I really doubt there will be a finite amount of x39 ammo to be imported in the US. Other countries will produce it and import to the US but it probably won’t be 25-30 cpr like before.

So I guess many people now are panic buying at a “cheap” price before the prices go up.

There are. For sure. Until another EO comes out about all imported ammunition. Biden and the U.N. are in lock-step. Only question is when?

There are. For sure. Until another EO comes out about all imported ammunition. Biden and the U.N. are in lock-step. Only question is when?

Well, you just explained why prices go up.. People pre-panic lol

Honestly man, this panic BS is kinda what got me out of guns a while back.. I just hated thinking about what will be banned everyday, stressing off of it. OMG, I won't be able to shoot anymore, I won't be able to buy an AR/AK anymore... The constant cycles of panic, salad, panic, salad, panic, salad etc just wore me out.

I sold everything but like 10 rifles.. I had at one point Polytech Legends, Arsenal AK's and every variation of AK47 and 74's you can think of.. About 7 diff AR15's all that basically did the same thing.. Just got sick of it all.. Now I am prepared to fight, not a huge collection that will likely be left behind when the SHTF anyway..

It is kinda nice to just sit back and watch politicians do what they do and not worry about it, I just don't GAF anymore. Before, I would have started spending and spending.. Only difference is when I panicked a while ago, it was a WHOLE lot cheaper than it is too panic nowadays lol But... I always panic bought during the salad times, I never panic bought during a panic, I just rode it out. Well, this last panic I did panic buy MK262, so I guess what I just said isn't entirely true lol

I'm just tired of the BS.

Last edited:
I do like watching the new guys buy stuff, What Andrew has been doing telling people how to get ammo shipped was nothing short of awesome during the panic. He was actually, probably unintentionally, calming the panic and helping people get ammo who previously thought they were shit out of luck.

I do like watching the new guys buy stuff, What Andrew has been doing telling people how to get ammo shipped was nothing short of awesome during the panic. He was actually, probably unintentionally, calming the panic and helping people get ammo who previously thought they were shit out of luck.
I’m still surprised people are buying 6.5cr for $40 a box of the range grade stuff.

This is the exact same thing that happened last Nov16th lol

Panic, buy, panic buy.. Credit cards get maxxed out, buying slows and prices start to go down.

Just as prices go down and supplies start ramping back up.. another panic, buy, panic buy..

This is like the 10th time panic buy panic buy has happened.

The problem(high prices) is most of the people buying ammo only because everybody else is buying it.. The paranoia is feeding itself..The last panic, how many people in here were buying ammo in calibers they don't even own, or buying ammo they don't really need ?
Panic=panic, which means people stop thinking clearly. It's a fight/flight response.

Look no further than the gas shortage insanity when the pipeline got Russia'd.

Well, you just explained why prices go up.. People pre-panic lol

Honestly man, this panic BS is kinda what got me out of guns a while back.. I just hated thinking about what will be banned everyday, stressing off of it. OMG, I won't be able to shoot anymore, I won't be able to buy an AR/AK anymore... The constant cycles of panic, salad, panic, salad, panic, salad etc just wore me out.

I sold everything but like 10 rifles.. I had at one point Polytech Legends, Arsenal AK's and every variation of AK47 and 74's you can think of.. About 7 diff AR15's all that basically did the same thing.. Just got sick of it all.. Now I am prepared to fight, not a huge collection that will likely be left behind when the SHTF anyway..

It is kinda nice to just sit back and watch politicians do what they do and not worry about it, I just don't GAF anymore. Before, I would have started spending and spending.. Only difference is when I panicked a while ago, it was a WHOLE lot cheaper than it is too panic nowadays lol But... I always panic bought during the salad times, I never panic bought during a panic, I just rode it out. Well, this last panic I did panic buy MK262, so I guess what I just said isn't entirely true lol

I'm just tired of the BS.
X

Is that the Igman stuff?
I think it’s the reworked stuff. If so that’s a score. Info below taken from another oos online purveyor. Only difference is my batch has a headstamp. Definitely Igman as it has the “NK” headstamp with a 1974 date.

Yugo Surplus M67 7.62x39 124gr. FMJ Copper-Jacketed, Lead-Core, NON-Corrosive, Brass Cased - 15 rd. Box

Factory "reworked" (at the IGMAN plant) Yugo surplus M67, brass cased (berdan primed) with Non-Corrosive, Sealed Primers (see pics) and blank head stamps.

Reworked (new powder, new brass but with no head stamp as well as with non-corrosive primers instead of the original corrosive primers) ammo with Lead Core/Copper Jacketed projectiles (NO steel in either core or jacket, WILL NOT attract a magnet).

This ammo is true milspec 7.62x39 with sealed primer, case and bullet, as well as with annealed cases. Unlike so much of the world's surplus 7.62x39 ammo, Yugo M67 has always been only copper jacketed, lead core (we have had actual surplus, standard old corrosive M67 years ago) for this basic ball round but with corrosive primers. This rare batch of actually importable surplus 7.62x39 AK/SKS ammo is an excellent find for great military grade sealed ammo and in original cans (if purchased in the spam can) BUT without the problem of corrosive priming.

Ammo is loose in 15rd boxes. 2014 year of (reworked) manufacture.

This is a limited batch. So when it's gone it's gone.

• Caliber: 7.62x39mm
  • Bullet Weight: 124 Grain
  • Bullet Style: Full Metal Jacket (FMJ), Copper Jacketed, Lead Core (will NOT attract a magnet)
  • Bullet Casing: BRASS (no headstamp)
    Bullet Primer: Berdan, NON-Corrosive
  • Muzzle (Velocity): TBD fps. (we're going to test it ourselves)
  • Muzzle (Energy): TBD ft. lb.
  • 15rd box
  • Yugoslavian manufacture, Reworked by IGMAN

Although I can’t guarantee it’s non-corrosive as I found this listing that shows the same exact ammo and box from 1974. Yugoslavian 7.62x39 Ammo (75 Rounds)

Last edited:
I think it’s the reworked stuff. If so that’s a score. Info below taken from another oos online purveyor. Only difference is my batch has a headstamp. Definitely Igman as it has the “NK” headstamp with a 1974 date.

Yugo Surplus M67 7.62x39 124gr. FMJ Copper-Jacketed, Lead-Core, NON-Corrosive, Brass Cased - 15 rd. Box

Factory "reworked" (at the IGMAN plant) Yugo surplus M67, brass cased (berdan primed) with Non-Corrosive, Sealed Primers (see pics) and blank head stamps.

Reworked (new powder, new brass but with no head stamp as well as with non-corrosive primers instead of the original corrosive primers) ammo with Lead Core/Copper Jacketed projectiles (NO steel in either core or jacket, WILL NOT attract a magnet).

This ammo is true milspec 7.62x39 with sealed primer, case and bullet, as well as with annealed cases. Unlike so much of the world's surplus 7.62x39 ammo, Yugo M67 has always been only copper jacketed, lead core (we have had actual surplus, standard old corrosive M67 years ago) for this basic ball round but with corrosive primers. This rare batch of actually importable surplus 7.62x39 AK/SKS ammo is an excellent find for great military grade sealed ammo and in original cans (if purchased in the spam can) BUT without the problem of corrosive priming.

Ammo is loose in 15rd boxes. 2014 year of (reworked) manufacture.

This is a limited batch. So when it's gone it's gone.

• Caliber: 7.62x39mm
  • Bullet Weight: 124 Grain
  • Bullet Style: Full Metal Jacket (FMJ), Copper Jacketed, Lead Core (will NOT attract a magnet)
  • Bullet Casing: BRASS (no headstamp)
    Bullet Primer: Berdan, NON-Corrosive
  • Muzzle (Velocity): TBD fps. (we're going to test it ourselves)
  • Muzzle (Energy): TBD ft. lb.
  • 15rd box
  • Yugoslavian manufacture, Reworked by IGMAN

Although I can’t guarantee it’s non-corrosive as I found this listing that shows the same exact ammo and box from 1974. Yugoslavian 7.62x39 Ammo (75 Rounds)
Interesting, nice find. I've heard good things about their new production m67, id assume this would follow suit. I'd try a nail test with one just to be sure if its corrosive or not. I'd imagine it shouldn't be if they reworked it like they said.

FedEx lost 2 cases of .223 77gr bthp (200 per case rounds not 1000) from CMP on me a month ago. Since the boxes from CMP are really well marked I figure it was stolen not lost.
Thankfully that never happened to me….yet. Only snafu was a case of RSA .223 that was ripped apart and the UPS guy trying to slap it back together with loose boxes on the floor of the truck. “It’s all there!”.🤨

Last edited:
Quiet all day.
Just dropped some .22, 9mm, fohtay, and Tula .223 for $414/cs.

Edit- Tula 7.62x39 up now for $460/cs.

AK food is more expensive than AR food.

*All gone in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom