Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

A heads up for you and anyone buying steel case ammo for the first time - it's dirty,

I shot them through an M&P9, Sig P365, & Sig P320. If you're at all familiar with Dragons Breath rounds, they came out the barrel similar to that... not something I was used to from brass-cased stuff!

calling Ammo dirty is pure cringe
is there dirt in the ammo?
its cheap and Slow burning powder
the fireworks are a function of barrel length
that minuscule P365 with its 1 inch barrel provides minimal burn time
run it through an actual handgun and the fireworks are far less
steel cased berdan ammo shoots fine and Is an excellent test to ensure primer strikes are sufficient to ignite ammo...if it goes bang w berdan primers then you’re well above threshold for boxer primed SD ammo

I thought the bullets were copper?? Or at least copper-jacketed? Why is it sparking? Is that simply from the steel case expanding?

Love me some PRIME discount and free shipping! Just ordered a case of 45, case of 9, case of 5.56, case of 7.62x39, 500 rounds of 22wmr and 250 of 44mag. "Saved" enough to pay for my prime membership for the year. Poor UPS guy is gonna hate me...

But God forbid the heavens misalign and Bernie or Biden win I'll be ok...

Love me some PRIME discount and free shipping! Just ordered a case of 45, case of 9, case of 5.56, case of 7.62x39, 500 rounds of 22wmr and 250 of 44mag. "Saved" enough to pay for my prime membership for the year. Poor UPS guy is gonna hate me...

verynice.gif

Summer is around the corner and you’ll be outside more. Buy more!

What's the difference between these two, if any?

One is 5.56 and the other .223

There are many redundancies with their listings and some misinformation that they are quick to fix when called to.

It sounds like you weren't affected by the tornadoes. That's great!

Summer is around the corner and you’ll be outside more. Buy more!
Lol, who said I was done?
It sounds like you weren't affected by the tornadoes. That's great!
We're actually east of Knoxville in the foothills. Nashville is almost 200 miles west of me. I've made a couple of donations.

Click both your TS links again and you will see where they lead to. Top link is 5.56. Bottom link is .223.
I just did. Twice (before and after reading your reply here).

First one:
Federal American Eagle Tactical 223 Remington Ammo 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket

Second one:
Federal American Eagle 223 Remington Ammo 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket

First one:

Second one:

If you click on one of them and scroll down past the reviews, there is a question and answer section. According to info there, the difference is which plant the brass components come from on the three different versions, I think those being AE223, AE223j and AE223f

My UPS man has been looking a little bit chubby lately.... I know how to fix that.

Our UPS guy dropped off a case last night. Got four boxes of the Federal 9mm 124 gr HSTs coming Monday. I usually buy a few when they have the 50% sale on those each month. I keep him busy, and I can say without a doubt, one of the best things TSUSA did was switch from Fed Ex to UPS!!

Sailed and sunk. I am just griping, because that would have been a good choice for him.
What is needed is a new National Retail chain to fill Walmart's shoes... 'Target' comes to mind. [rofl2]
I'm surprised I never see ammo group buys here.

Let's say an FFL orders $20K worth of ammo from a distributor, if NES did a group buy, that FFL could order more, maybe like $30-40K, which might give them a better discount. The FFL benefits from the additional foot traffic and the additional discount on their ammo.

Maybe it is a gigantic PITA and that's why no one does it.

First one:

Second one:
Your right about that. I’m not thinking straight. I see that blue box for msr and I immediately think “5.56”. The plant for production is the difference and I can’t say if that matters or not. Same Mv and same ftlbs energy.

A heads up for you and anyone buying steel case ammo for the first time - it's dirty, if you hadn't already assumed so due to the price (14cpr). I picked up a box of each: TulAmmo, Wolf, and Red Army to try out. All three of them were packaged the exact same, and all had TulAmmo headstamps... just different boxes. It makes sense since they are all the same price, currently $7/box.
View attachment 335991

I shot them through an M&P9, Sig P365, & Sig P320. If you're at all familiar with Dragons Breath rounds, they came out the barrel similar to that... not something I was used to from brass-cased stuff!

View attachment 335990
Tula steel ammo is great. I shoot that out of my PPS, SIG and 929 SW Revolver. Great practice ammo, cheap and I have no idea what you mean by dirty.

They refused to ship and held my order for almost a week when I called about it they said they can only ship to the same address as my LTC said. When I told her I haven't lived there in 4 years the lady said they would have to cancel my order. Just going off what I was told by them after not being able to receive my order.
Send them a pic of your drivers license and your LTC side by side. Wouldnt that work?

FeRex has effed up delivery of an angle grinder from Amazon, a used power supply from eBay, “fresh” clam chowder that I sent to someone in Maryland, and multiple other items. FedEx can die in a fire for all I care.
FedEx dropped 6lbs of powder and didnt wait for my signature a few weeks back.

I opened the door and the dude was already getting in his truck.

I thought about calling and complaining, but I ran out of f*cks.

It would have been interesting if I wasnt home and it was stolen.

Same. It's a Glock. I could care less what ammo I shoot if it works.
Speaking of steel cased shit, has anyone used Winchester steel? I forget the name its like 150 a case maybe less. I remember people whining about it when it came out but not sure if it changed at all...

Back
Top Bottom