• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

No, obviously I know nothing about supply/demand. I've just been stacking deep for years anticipating shortages like this eventually happen. There's a reason I'm not bitter about this.

So have I, and I reload, so we win. My original comment was to a person claiming victory by stockpiling at these current market prices, which I say is foolish. Buy enough & then stockpile when prices revert to normal.

Sure, you can argue semantics. Here, in reality, the vast majority of the price increase is due to price gouging and hoarding. Just like every other political panic. Your argument loses all credibility when you go back & recognize that every time prices spike like this it coincides with political fear & panic. Pretending prices spiked during Sandy Hook & right now is because of raw material costs is laughably devoid of reality given the political climate that was also transpiring.

Also, there is no broad inflation, so saying "all consumer products" is experiencing inflation is factually inaccurate. Feel free to go look at all the inflationary data (PCE, CPI, or most other inflationary measure), read the Federal Reserve minutes from the past several meetings, or find one of the plethora of Jerome Powell's own statements during the past several months.

There are pockets of inflation (some services, some commodities, etc), but there is no broad inflation.
I do think the aforementioned reasons are a large part to play in high ammo prices and gun prices. I don’t deny that but it’s not so simple. You can dream about $7.99 Blazer brass, that’s fine.

The fact you trust .gov data is laughable. You think what Powell opines about and what data the Fed releases is reflective of what’s on the ground? It’s all a fake out. We’ll just wait and see what the “normal price” settles at. I’ll leave it at that. Let’s keep watching that yield curve together.

So have I, and I reload, so we win. My original comment was to a person claiming victory by stockpiling at these current market prices, which I say is foolish. Buy enough & then stockpile when prices revert to normal.
I guess the million round question is “What is enough?”

I do think the aforementioned reasons are a large part to play in high ammo prices and gun prices. I don’t deny that but it’s not so simple. You can dream about $7.99 Blazer brass, that’s fine.

The fact you trust .gov data is laughable. You think what Powell opines about and what data the Fed releases is reflective of what’s on the ground? It’s all a fake out. We’ll just wait and see what the “normal price” settles at. I’ll leave it at that. Let’s keep watching that yield curve together.

So you’re saying your anecdotal evidence based on gut feeling that you didn’t supply is more accurate?

ok, let’s see where ammo prices go over the next few years.

map you’re saying your anecdotal evidence based on gut feeling is more accurate?

ok, let’s see where ammo prices go over the next few years.
No, I’m saying a commodity super cycle is at hand. The dollar is weakening more and more, the petro dollar is the last bastion, stocks are high because people don’t want to sit on cash, BTC is high because people don’t trust it, houses are expensive because of same, more than just a few “pockets” of products have higher prices, and based on cyclical commodity pricing history we are entering another level of pricing that will shock many. All thanks to Keynesian policy.

Who’s map?

Hmmm could it be 5k?
No, I’m saying a commodity super cycle is at hand. The dollar is weakening more and more, the petro dollar is the last bastion, stocks are high because people don’t want to sit on cash, BTC is high because people don’t trust it, houses are expensive because of same, more than just a few “pockets” of products have higher prices, and based on cyclical commodity pricing history we are entering another level of pricing that will shock many. All thanks to Keynesian policy.

Who’s map?

Got it, so ammo prices have nothing to do with the political landscape. Just like they didn’t after Sandy Hook, instead it’s due to your grand conspiracy theory.

I appreciate your market outlook, good to know.

“map” is called a typo, we going to be grammar Nazis now too?

Got it, so ammo prices have nothing to do with the political landscape. Just like they didn’t after Sandy Hook, instead it’s due to your grand conspiracy theory.

I appreciate your market outlook, good to know.

“map” is called a typo, we going to be grammar Nazis now too?
Where did I say ammo prices have nothing to do with the political landscape? What’s conspiracy again?

My original comment was to a person claiming victory by stockpiling at these current market prices, which I say is foolish. Buy enough & then stockpile when prices revert to normal.
At this point, Id say ANY ammo acquisition is a victory. Brass 9mm has been in the 65-70cpr range for about a full year now. I know people that paid $50 (fifty) for a single box.
Old timers will tell you that this current shortage annihilates previous shortages.

When do you think prices will revert to normal? Dealers have said that this will be by this summer. With tens of thousands of new gun owners by the day, and ammo manufacturers beyond capacity, do you really think 9mm will be anywhere close to 20cpr in the next few months?

At this point, Id say ANY ammo acquisition is a victory. Brass 9mm has been in the 65-70cpr range for about a full year now. I know people that paid $50 (fifty) for a single box.
Old timers will tell you that this current shortage annihilates previous shortages.

When do you think prices will revert to normal? Dealers have said that this will be by this summer. With tens of thousands of new gun owners by the day, and ammo manufacturers beyond capacity, do you really think 9mm will be anywhere close to 20cpr in the next few months?

When the political climate changes. My guess is mideterms at best, but that’s just one man’s opinion.

Back
Top Bottom