Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I grabbed 4 of the 250rd boxes. First time I’ve seen 9mm in stock in months
S&B is top notch stuff for range ammo. And at .55cpr it's as cheap as I've seen new production brass ammo in a couple months. Manufacturers must be making some big deliveries and the quantities of Remington ammo that showed up today shows that Remington's ammo plant must be alive again.

S&B is top notch stuff for range ammo. And at .55cpr it's as cheap as I've seen new production brass ammo in a couple months. Manufacturers must be making some big deliveries and the quantities of Remington ammo that showed up today shows that Remington's ammo plant must be alive again.

I’d prefer a different coating/jacket. Those gold flakes wind up everywhere after a range session. Maybe it’s me, but I don’t notice that with a traditional copper jacket.
I still have plenty of it though because it’s reliable.

"from what you hear"?

So... its like WWB is what you're saying? What exactly are you saying?
I've shot 1000 rounds of Venom. Here're my issues with it:
  • Brass is not high quality. The rim is non-uniform and even dented on some rounds. As a result, I was getting ejection problems(stovepipes, failure to extract). This typically occurred every 20-30 rounds or so.
  • The catridge is not entirely conformant to SAAMI spec, especially the bottom section. The rim, in particular, was consistently oversize. I ran every round through my Double Alpha 9mm 100 round ammo checker and at least 60% of all ammo was out of spec. If you plan to shoot from high-end hi-precision guns with tight tolerances, this ammo will be a problem! If you shoot a rented range Glock with 10 million rounds through it, chances are, you will be absolutely fine.
  • 1000rds of Venom ammo resulted in about 6-7 duds and 0 squibs. Not a lot but also not great.

Last edited:
I've shot 1000 rounds of Venom. Here're my issues with it:
  • Brass is not high quality. The rim is non-uniform and even dented on some rounds. As a result, I was getting ejection problems(stovepipes, failure to extract). This typically occurred every 20-30 rounds or so.
  • The bullet is not entirely conformant to SAAMI spec, especially the bottom section. The rim, in particular, was consistently oversize. I ran every round through my Double Alpha 9mm 100 round ammo checker and at least 60% of all ammo was out of spec. If you plan to shoot from high-end hi-precision guns with tight tolerances, this ammo will be a problem! If you shoot a rented range Glock with 10 million rounds through it, chances are, you will be absolutely fine.
  • 1000rds of Venom ammo resulted in about 6-7 duds and 0 squibs. Not a lot but also not great.
my g34 got stuck on it so good it was almost impossible to rack the slide back, it took quite some time to manage it. it got completely locked - after finally unlocking it we saw that shell was perfectly oval.

For grins and giggles I bought a couple boxes of the 9mm, to try against my own reloads, see who's making better quality ammo. I let ya'll know the results . Got a nice check from Uncle Sam today so it didn't hurt too much to pay TS for ammo .
I grabbed a box for fun too

Venom my buddy had 8 light primer strike rounds that wouldn’t fire out of 100 rounds. This was in his Springfield armory range officer elite 9mm, p226 legion, p320 m18, and glock g19 Gen 5.

switched to regular federal American eagle no issues.

Anyone looking for some 5.56 ammo to hunt werewolves???... $1.80 per round....ships to MA...free shipping on 500 round cases...
pic.png

5.56 62 GR FEDERAL LC - ENHANCED MK318 MOD 1 SOST OTM NON LEAD "SILVER BULLET"​

Who the hell shoots ammo with silver bullets???
@Greg this on your list of high end 5.56 ammo to buy? [laugh]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom