• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

So, how long was the line you waited in?

haha, it isn’t actually me. Pops is too proud to ask me for ammo. Even though I always tell him come to me first. He refuses to shoot anything but 38sp/357 so he goes and stands in line picks out calibers I shoot then trades them to me for his perceived cost of what .38/.357 would be.

When he does it this way I never really tell him .38/.357 is basically priceless right now. I just hand him some ammo and let it lie.

I think I know what would help the ammo situation in New England. Ban the sale of ammo on this website for like 6months. If I had to guess I’d say %75 of cabelas/basspro/Walmart ammo is being bought to be purposely resold on this forum, by the same 10-20 opportunistic douchebags.

I’m out for new retarded ammo prices, if everybody can sit tight for a few months, stop feeding the resellers with enormous markups and wait for the pipeline to come back to level we’ll be ok. Seriously, we like to shoot but unless there is some plan to attempt a coup of which I am not aware ( if there is, send me the 411) there is an opportunity cost to paying retard prices. Spring turkey is coming, fishing will start up again, summer vacations and weeknight shooting leagues will come back. The newbs will disappear from the demand side of the equation by August, and in fact might even start selling into the pipeline some of the ammo they bought at retard prices. Stay safe. Stop the spread (of retard prices)! ;)

The fear is legislation, not supply never meeting demand..

Or at least it should be.

I think I know what would help the ammo situation in New England. Ban the sale of ammo on this website for like 6months. If I had to guess I’d say %75 of cabelas/basspro/Walmart ammo is being bought to be purposely resold on this forum, by the same 10-20 opportunistic douchebags.
Ban the sale of ammo on NES?

Wait, why do we hate people looking for ammo at Cabelas? I’m buying some 10mm from another member down at BassPro today and figured I’d go in. If they ever have anything, it’s cheaper than TS.

I must live in a different world. I have ammo listed at lower than anywhere prices and not a single bit of interest.
I'm always too far away, so I think most people just want to bitch about high prices and are not really looking to buy ammo.
Yeah my guess is that it's your location.

I must live in a different world. I have ammo listed at lower than anywhere prices and not a single bit of interest.
I'm always too far away, so I think most people just want to bitch about high prices and are not really looking to buy ammo.

I honestly think it's the thrill of the hunt for a lot in this thread.

Townie shops close to me are routinely posting available ammo, on a widely used social media platform. And there seems to be more of if lately.

Yes, we may not see 18¢ to 20¢ 7.62x39mm again, but this panic will pass, too...eventually.

Now, if only some visionary gun shop/FFL/whomever could start importing Murom primers into the USA at respectable prices.... Actually, how about a US manufacturer commence berdan primer production? (This trial balloon will probably fly as high as my Ammo futures suggestion.)

Last edited:
Wait, why do we hate people looking for ammo at Cabelas? I’m buying some 10mm from another member down at BassPro today and figured I’d go in. If they ever have anything, it’s cheaper than TS.
Its not buying ammo from there, its people who get there 30 min before opening and wait in line for a chance they might have had a shipment in.

I usually pop in when im driving by and have had good luck with ammo/primers/powder

Its not buying ammo from there, its people who get there 30 min before opening and wait in line for a chance they might have had a shipment in.

I usually pop in when im driving by and have had good luck with ammo/primers/powder
Is it my imagination but I get the feeling cabelas is better than bps lately for components..

No idea if this is a good price. They don't ship to MA...

Seems decent - Same price shooters was charging for their 357 mag.

No idea if this is a good price. They don't ship to MA...

Looks like caution may be justified...

Unless the ammo is in stock and available to you, I guess the listed price doesn't mean much, if anything.
I did have one fella come down the other day for some older .357 Magnum ammo for $30 a box. I trust it runs fine for him, as I don't guarantee factory/surplus ammo.
These panics bring out the best and worst of people; that's all I know.

This is a great idea. It'll fix everything.

10-20 people on NES definitely bought out the entire country.

This is a great idea. It'll fix everything.

10-20 people on NES definitely bought out the entire country.
I didn’t state the whole country. I said New England, and was talking specifically about the campers at basspro/cabelas/Walmart, who are the only retailers that are selling ammo at non-rape prices. If we have these few dozen people that are doing this around here, don’t you think it’s fair to assume that it’s also happening all over the country? Have you looked at gunbroker or the classifieds here?

I didn’t state the whole country. I said New England, and was talking specifically about the campers at basspro/cabelas/Walmart, who are the only retailers that are selling ammo at non-rape prices. If we have these few dozen people that are doing this around here, don’t you think it’s fair to assume that it’s also happening all over the country? Have you looked at gunbroker or the classifieds here?

Shortages are a nationwide problem. How will preventing ammunition sales on NES fix the nationwide ammunition shortage?

Let's take walmart as an example. How many Walmarts in New England sell ammunition? 40 or 50? 10 people are not buying out 40 or 50 walmarts.

What exactly will your suggestion achieve?

Shortages are a nationwide problem. How will preventing ammunition sales on NES fix the nationwide ammunition shortage?

Let's take walmart as an example. How many Walmarts in New England sell ammunition? 40 or 50? 10 people are not buying out 40 or 50 walmarts.

What exactly will your suggestion achieve?
I wasn’t being 110% serious, but I do feel that it would slightly help the ammo availability at these retailers, very slightly.

Back
Top Bottom