• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Well, they're trying to do something.

I had an auto-refresh set up the other day on a specific caliber. After a bit, it switched to "REFUSED". Checking yesterday, it appears that they blocked the base IP address for my company (no machine in the office can access the site). Kind of a blunt-force approach, but at least an attempt. This morning, I went to the TS website with my home machine (it's still blocking the entire office). Website pooped up fine, until I logged in, at which point it flipped to "REFUSED".

That's different. Not only are they blocking the IP address from which the multiple hits were coming, but they're completely blocking the account that was logged in. I can't access anything. Order history, account info, nothing at all. Clear the cookies on the machine, website loads fine, log in, locked out.

Setting up a new account is a workaround, but losing access to the account info is a pain. Not a stunning issue (I still have all the email receipts), but a nuisance. It would be a real issue if I had a paid membership, as they would be locking me out from that. However, as luck would have it, my old membership expired on Sunday and I had turned off auto-renew, so no harm there.

Not sure that's the best technique they could be using, especially banning accounts without warning, but it shows they're trying.

Yup happened to me too. Also on my Iphone even though not connected to the wifi LOL.

I will need to call

Clear your cookies :) It is an IP- based ban. My home machines are banned logged or not logged in. My phone when not on Wifi is not banned and I am logged in the site.
Go back up and read post #11,775. Clearing the cookies does not work on a physically separate machine at a physically different address and IP address.

To reiterate:
  • Access website at different address on different machine.
  • Website loads.
  • "REFUSED"
  • Clear cookies.
  • Website loads.
  • "REFUSED"
  • Clear cookies.
  • Website loads.
  • Works fine.
  • Log out.
  • Clear cookies.
  • Website loads.
  • "REFUSED"
If you are at an IP banned location, the website doesn't even load and goes straight to "REFUSED" without even giving you the chance to try to log in.

Assuming that you can extrapolate your case to all cases is not necessarily a winning strategy. There is clearly a mix of both IP and account banning in place, with unknown conditions for the trigger.

Go back up and read post #11,775. Clearing the cookies does not work on a physically separate machine at a physically different address and IP address.

To reiterate:
  • Access website at different address on different machine. Get on.
    • "REFUSED"
    • Clear cookies.
    • "REFUSED"
    • Clear cookies.
    • Works fine.
    • Log out.
    • Clear cookies.
    • "REFUSED"
    • Assuming that you can extrapolate your case to all cases is not necessarily a winning strategy.

Not my experience. I only get "Refused" when I come from the IP addy where my refresh script ran as me logged in. As long as I come from a different IP addy I can get in, log in. etc. So in my mind it least in my case it is strictly an IP- based ban and the login plays no role. But who knows. Bottom line is they are trying to limit the bots and that is good in my book. I did not run a true script, but just a refresher of "recently added items". Even with 30 sec +/- timely notifications I could not buy anything so I assume other folks ran full- blown bots that key on words like "9mm" and buy large numbers of boxes and check out within couple seconds.

Last edited:
Well, they're trying to do something.
Yep totally, just disingenuous to say all bots are blocked. It's relatively easy to change ip/use a vpn/etc and lower you refresh rate. Definitely on the right track, just the pr folks on Facebook are given a script so what they say is largely unimportant. That was mostly my point.

But for real I was seeing ammo drop and was refreshing trying to catch any of the calibers I needed and I guess I hit it too many times too fast and got blocked.

On a side note I literally see NOTHING dropping am I missing things?

On a side note I literally see NOTHING dropping am I missing things?
They had a BOGO on just about everything and ammo was politely being bought up at pre panic rate. Some people were even offering to purchase ammo for other people and donate the proceeds to local charities. It was the most power, enlightening time of life.

J/k...you missed jack chit!

They had a BOGO on just about everything and ammo was politely being bought up at pre panic rate. Some people were even offering to purchase ammo for other people and donate the proceeds to local charities. It was the most power, enlightening time of life.

J/k...you missed jack chit!

Cool yea I looked at the recent stuff and there was nothing new. Im hoping TSUSA is doing what they did to me to all the BOTs though and just holding off dropping ammo. Im just glad they have a work around to reset peoples accounts like mine. Customer service rep was great and funny I basically told her that I cant buy much/anything without refreshing constatntly due to the BOTs and she laughed and said "yea we are having a lot of people call in to get unlocked".

Obviously if its a BOT likely they arent getting a call to reset unless the BOT creator is doing it but at least slows things down.

Yes. I saw Norma 22LR go up and sell out. Then they took it down. If you look at what’s listed it is all in stock.

My guess would be that the logic behind it is: “You don’t know what you missed if it isn’t there.”

Bob
Yup good catch! Damn that was my litmus test to see what I may have missed...

I wonder if ammo is lasting any longer?

Back
Top Bottom