Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Good to know ive seen it before and didnt know if it was worth it but will grab some next time (if there is a next time....)
Cheaper Than Dirt is asking $199.89 per 100-rd box (1 box limit)
Over $2 bucks a round with tax & shipping... 🤪

They probably don't have much choice, i bet whatever their warehouse is, it's probably been mostly empty since march. Pallets probably come in X times a week but not a ton. I bet they don't even hit 30% capacity.....

I've been picturing them not even taking it off the truck, just walking through and slapping shipping labels on everything and sending the driver straight to the local UPS hub. Not really, but more or less.

I guess I don't feel so bad now. This is truly insane.

Don't feel bad last 5 times I have tried to buy ammo from TSUSA went like this:
38 Special....Yanked out of my cart
38 Special.....Yanked out of my cart
22WMR Watched it drop and OOS when I went to put it in my cart.
45ACP watched it drop and OOS when I went to put it in my cart.
45ACP Watched it drop and OOS when I went to put it in my cart.

Bob

I guess that idea goes right out the window...
Did one of you bastages beat me to it?! [rofl]
At this point I think folks are buying ammo for guns they don’t even own. It’s like an addict who shoots up with powdered sugar when they can’t get any heroin because just going through the process makes them feel good.

Does it count if the upper is on order?
Questionable. Unlike a complete gun, since there is no 4473 involved, do you really own the upper as soon as it’s shipped? I’d say it counts if it hasn’t shipped yet but not if it’s already in transit.

Edit: Now that I look at it, the 4473 just lets you take possession, I guess you technically own it when you pay for it. So I’ll change my criteria: if you’ve paid for it, even if it’s in transit it doesn’t count. Has to be something you haven’t paid for yet.

Questionable. Unlike a complete gun, since there is no 4473 involved, do you really own the upper as soon as it’s shipped? I’d say it counts if it hasn’t shipped yet but not if it’s already in transit.

Backorders are out from February to April so who knows when they ship.

At this point I think folks are buying ammo for guns they don’t even own. It’s like an addict who shoots up with powdered sugar when they can’t get any heroin because just going through the process makes them feel good.

Sometimes there are those of us who prepare ahead of time, too.

Like my biggest f***up in early 2020 was not buying a bunch of .300 Blackout. I had no .300 gun, but had a rumination in my brain of building one. I wanted to build a gun in .300, but that's pretty untenable with the ammo situation now.

Like my biggest f***up in early 2020 was not buying a bunch of .300 Blackout. I had no .300 gun, but had a rumination in my brain of building one. I wanted to build a gun in .300, but that's pretty untenable with the ammo situation now.
If thats your biggest f*** up then you are doing quite well sir!

Or is it because ammo has been a good investment? Or because they're not comfortable about their ability to get it in the future?

You're probably correct, but I like my reason better. o_O

It could also be because it's easier & more cost-effective to trade than buy ammo these days. I got two cases of CMP .45, one in Nov & the other in Dec at $390/case. I rarely shoot .45 & already had enough .45 for my shooting needs but it was the best deal out there so I got it even though I didn't need it. I was able to trade some of it for .38 & .380 which I was short on and which have been virtually impossible to find, certainly at nowhere near .39CPR. I traded a bunch during the Spring & Summer, mostly 5.56 for 9 before 9 prices caught up. I was getting 1.6 9mm for 1 5.56 and I had plenty of 5.56 and not enough 9. It would have cost me a small fortune to buy the 9mm that I'm now sitting on.

It could also be because it's easier & more cost-effective to trade than buy ammo these days. I got two cases of CMP .45, one in Nov & the other in Dec at $390/case. I rarely shoot .45 & already had enough .45 for my shooting needs but it was the best deal out there so I got it even though I didn't need it. I was able to trade some of it for .38 & .380 which I was short on and which have been virtually impossible to find, certainly at nowhere near .39CPR. I traded a bunch during the Spring & Summer, mostly 5.56 for 9 before 9 prices caught up. I was getting 1.6 9mm for 1 5.56 and I had plenty of 5.56 and not enough 9. It would have cost me a small fortune to buy the 9mm that I'm now sitting on.
Yea thats my go to. Trading. I have so much damn 7.62x39, 556, 9mm, 12 gauge, 357, and 45 at this point but I keep getting more to trade.

Im at the point where im gonna see if people who are consolidating ammo calibers will trade guns for ammo.

If thats your biggest f*** up then you are doing quite well sir!
I have made no f******. I swear.

Yea thats my go to. Trading. I have so much damn 7.62x39, 556, 9mm, 12 gauge, 357, and 45 at this point but I keep getting more to trade.

Im at the point where im gonna see if people who are consolidating ammo calibers will trade guns for ammo.

Yeah, I'm thinking along those lines too... possible ammo/gun trade opportunities.

I think this is an indication of just how bad the situation has become. During the previous panics, I just didn’t see the CMP getting hit as hard as they are now. The hoops you had to jump through combined with their 2000 round per caliber limit seemed to be enough of a barrier that people just didn’t resort to them unless they were already registered because they'd bought an M1 from them. Now folks are signing up just to buy ammo. It’s just crazy.
Well, I’m quite glad e-CMP was brought to my attention (thanks to you all!) so I could stock up more for a reasonable price for this stage. Have 6.5cr, .380, and .223 coming. Also I have more than the 2000 round limit ordered and all of it is “processing” “prepaid”.

Yeah, I'm thinking along those lines too... possible ammo/gun trade opportunities.

The tough part is getting people over the hump of ammo in trade for a gun. Like I had someone who wanted 2 cases of 9mm ammo. Federal, 2000 rounds, worth about $1400ish in todays market maybe a little more or less. They had a TRP Operator for sale for $1400. Seems like an even deal but individual wanted 4,000 9mm for it. Not based on comparing market value just "My gun must be more valuable than ammo that once you shoot it its gone" (unless you reload but still).

Havent gotten anyone to bite yet but we shall see! Pretty guns dont mean anything if you have nothing to make them go bang!

I've been picturing them not even taking it off the truck, just walking through and slapping shipping labels on everything and sending the driver straight to the local UPS hub. Not really, but more or less.
I'm picturing two trucks ass to ass with a label printer in between. Gotta optimize throughput. Then just turn the delivery truck around for the next load.

Back
Top Bottom