• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I’ve had nothing but trouble with that ammo. I could have bought dozens of those buckets at Walmart this year but never did because of FTF/FTE issues.

Yep, my problem is bits of burnt metal/powder shoot out the sides of my gun when I shoot golden bullets. Ruger 22/45 and 10/22. Just not comfortable catching burning metal on my face

Thanks Enbloc. If they still carry it I will get the less expensive for sure.
Keep in mind that the $14.99 might be an 'artifact' price.
I've found that TSUSA does not update ammo prices on out-of-stock ammo, but instead it sits listed at the last price of the in-stock items.
This can be very frustrating because, if you compare the current listed prices of $14.99 and $24.99 the gap is huge.
Unfortunately, if the $14.99 comes back into stock, it might be closer to the higher priced ammo... Or, even more...
~Enbloc

Keep in mind that the $14.99 might be an 'artifact' price.
I've found that TSUSA does not update ammo prices on out-of-stock ammo, but instead it sits listed at the last price of the in-stock items.
This can be very frustrating because, if you compare the current listed prices of $14.99 and $24.99 the gap is huge.
Unfortunately, if the $14.99 comes back into stock, it might be closer to the higher priced ammo... Or, even more...
~Enbloc
I sort of figured, but I hit the notify button anyways. I like how Speer has a rebate. It helps with shipping.

Gimmicks...

That was my first instinct as well, particularity with name "Lasermatch". I was thinking it was like that Fiocchi 12 gauge "tracer-like" ammo that was basically a glow in the dark baffle behind a slug. That stuff got terrible reviews. Didn't really work as intended. But people are saying these are actual tracers, like the type you don't fire indoors or in dry brush. Not sure how useful it would be with just 9mm, but fun.....that could be a different story. Who doesn't want real life Star Wars if just out plinking?

That was my first instinct as well, particularity with name "Lasermatch". I was thinking it was like that Fiocchi 12 gauge "tracer-like" ammo that was basically a glow in the dark baffle behind a slug. That stuff got terrible reviews. Didn't really work as intended. But people are saying these are actual tracers, like the type you don't fire indoors or in dry brush. Not sure how useful it would be with just 9mm, but fun.....that could be a different story. Who doesn't want real life Star Wars if just out plinking?
I’m debating whether to fire it through the PCC or my G17. I think the longer barrel may give a more apparent laser beam than a pistol length barrel but who knows? 10 rounds in each I guess.

At this point, why is anyone even buying from TS anymore?

Yeah, I'm thinking about stopping the notifications. I have made a few trades in the past month and have re-balanced my holdings. I did an inventory and had way more 5.56/.223 than I thought or would ever shoot and less 9mm than I though I had... but that is no longer a problem. Was even able to trade some .40 & .45 for some 9 & .38. Very happy with my stash now.

Just got notification that Fiocchi 380 was in stock - clicked on the link and it was sold out at $27+ a box.
Checked the Winchester 9 and its gone as well. Someone is paying these prices.

I think I'm done. I can't stomach paying over $20 a box - I'm out. I can live with my stash the way it is.

I’m only buying one box of something that meets my fancy since it’s free shipping and 8% off. When my acct is up mid November it’s getting cancelled unless Trump wins. Then I may keep it but the polit/geo landscape has to be just right to do so.

What's the alternative? For instance, everyone's favorite crisis ammo supplier, Cheaper than Dirt, is like 2X Target's already high price, so I don't think Target can be faulted for their current prices. If someone can show me an alternative that also ships to MA, then I'm all ears.

No i was up for reupping my Prime and didnt. I wont be buying ammo anytime soon if the price stays up.

Ive seen it cheaper in stores in NH now.

Limited quantities but still.

And again. I bought what i needed the first 3 years of the Trump Presidency

I’m debating whether to fire it through the PCC or my G17. I think the longer barrel may give a more apparent laser beam than a pistol length barrel but who knows? 10 rounds in each I guess.

That's a good question. Would faster or slower maximize the effect? I also wonder if film frame rate made a difference in what you see in the video vs what you might see in real life.

They have had .50bmg at normal prices still, I bought a belt of regular ball ammo, but I don't think the .50bmg market fluctuates much lol and not everyone has a .50bmg.

I'm definitely done buying .22lr from TS. Walmart is cheaper by a long shot and has it in stock more then tsusa anyway.

Luckily with a glock44 in my collection and 2 Cmmg .22lr ar15 bolt conversion kits i can shoot .22 for a long time at the current inventory at my compound.

They have had .50bmg at normal prices still, I bought a belt of regular ball ammo, but I don't think the .50bmg market fluctuates much lol and not everyone has a .50bmg.
Yup, it’s only gone up 40 cents a round and API (not from TS) has gone up even less. Reason enough to go out and get yourself a Barrett [rockon].

No idea about MA, but I’ve bough 9mm locally and online for much cheaper than TS, and a case of .223 online for .36 just last week. It’s out there.

I went to BassPro yesterday, I stopped by the gun department just to see how bad things were. They had one case w/ perhaps ten revolvers on display, no semis. They usually have several cases full of [overpriced] handguns. No handgun ammo at all. Asked the guy re handguns, he said they had no semis at all. He said it's going to be two years minimum before there will be handguns & ammo, that the problem is a steel shortage (says the manufacturers told him this).

Also noticed the long gun racks were pretty bare, he said they have plenty of long guns (mostly hunting shotguns) but that they now put those away at night because they have received threats to the store - four specifically, advised by of the Federal agencies (forget if he said DHS, BATFE or FBI but it was one of those). Said they have always locked up the handguns but used to leave the long guns out on the locked racks behind the counter, not any more, so they're not fully stocking the long gun racks because it's a hassle to lock them up/drag them out each day.

No idea about MA, but I’ve bough 9mm locally and online for much cheaper than TS, and a case of .223 online for .36 just last week. It’s out there.

It’s sporadic, but if you hit stores at the right time, they have it. As I posted last week, places like BassPro and Cabelas haven’t moved their prices much since before, so what was high, is now cheap, if you can find it. I scored 300 rds. of 5.56 for .43/rd. Wally World has been hit or miss for .22 and 12ga. I landed 500 rds. Of HP mini mags for .08/rd which again, isn’t normally cheap, but it beats the price of the Lapua and SK stuff by a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom