Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

If you can afford it, buy more. Ive got a bad feeling about this shortage etc.

I’m lucky to have recently scored a really decent semi-auto .22 pistol that seems to eat everything!;)
Just need a new .22 bolt rifle (CZ?) and possibly a Ruger Wrangler to keep things slow.

Last edited:
If Massachusetts was smart (and it ain't) they'd have a scratch ticket that paid out in ammo...

View attachment 376419

Yeah, but the prizes would be akin to the random bag of 50 9mm rounds (possibly damaged!) that cheaper than dirtbags is selling for 40 freaking dollars. $10 scratcher with a max prize of a personally delivered Healy nut punch and 10 mini-mags, because any more would be too many.

Yeah, but the prizes would be akin to the random bag of 50 9mm rounds (possibly damaged!) that cheaper than dirtbags is selling for 40 freaking dollars. $10 scratcher with a max prize of a personally delivered Healy nut punch and 10 mini-mags, because any more would be too many.
ezgif-5-930e097e3521.gif

They'd probably make the right to buy ammo lottery based...

Dont worry. As far as all the new gun owners, NES says the more the merrier. [thinking]

While this might be valid in those New England states that do not require a permit to purchase, it is not an issue in MA where .gov have avoided all that unpleasant liberty and the potential of future pro 2A voters by just stopping the issuance of new LTCs.

🐯

Last edited:
Maybe it's been understated, or not stated at all, but you shouldn't buy more ammo than you can afford. Be a sober buyer and do the math.
Will buying the ammo harm the family finances? Max the CC? Put less food on the table?

If you are truly trying to "defend" your family... start with defending it financially...

let the children eat ammunition

I’m lucky to have recently scored a really decent semi-auto .22 pistol that seems to eat everything!;)
Just need a new .22 bolt rifle (CZ?) and possibly a Ruger Wrangler to keep things slow.
I have found a new love for 22 myself. I was at the range today shot more 22 anything else. I wasn't trying to conserve either just what I preferred. It may I have been subconscious though. What did you get for a 22 pistol? I think I'm going to try to pick up A Beretta 92 FS m1 a1. As far as the Wrangler I purchased one of those six months ago. Probably has 60 rounds through it and will probably stay that way. That's just me though. I don't find it fun.

Last edited:
Good point.
I think if people get another stimulus check that will help buy ammo 😂

I’m tempted to snag some mini mags since I’ve been shooting my 22 SBR a lot more. Usually burn through 300-350 rounds each trip. I’m down to about 2k mini mags now. But I have a lot more CCI SV remaining....hmm
How great are those mini mags. Love em.

snagged 1500 more tonight.

I have found a new love for 22 myself. I was at the range today shot more 22 anything else. I wasn't trying to conserve either just what I preferred. It may I have been subconscious though. What did you get for a 22 pistol? I think I'm going to try to pick up A Beretta 92 FS m1 a1. As far as the Wrangler I purchased one of those six months ago. Probably has 60 rounds through it and will probably stay that way. That's just me though. I don't find it fun.

Ruger MK IV Lite. It’s functioned near flawlessly with a variety of ammo (I’ve never expected rimfire to be 100% reliable). My 10/22 is pickier. I’ve noticed that the failure rate increases as the round count goes up and passes 300, which makes sense, .22 is dirty stuff. Thinking I may put a little red dot on it but it’s super accurate as is.
Let know If that Wrangler needs a new home, ;)

Ruger MK IV Lite. It’s functioned near flawlessly with a variety of ammo (I’ve never expected rimfire to be 100% reliable). My 10/22 is pickier. I’ve noticed that the failure rate increases as the round count goes up and passes 300, which makes sense, .22 is dirty stuff. Thinking I may put a little red dot on it but it’s super accurate as is.

I second this, picked up a Ruger MKIV Lite for my 12 year old son, we took it to the range and each put about 250 rounds through it, I have only put minimag though it thus far

I'm waiting on the SK Match .22 made by Lapua. Anyone have any experience with them? I've seen some videos on youtube and read some reviews. Seems to be some quality ammo. I wanted to get away from the federal stuff that I use for everyday plinking.

Just a side note, I asked earlier about the turn around for others. Well as others who ordered this past friday have already received their orders I decided to give target sports a call. It seems that they ship out of multiple warehouses. So, the Sk Match I ordered is still awaiting shipping. It appears some warehouses ship faster than others.

I'm waiting on the SK Match .22 made by Lapua. Anyone have any experience with them? I've seen some videos on youtube and read some reviews. Seems to be some quality ammo. I wanted to get away from the federal stuff that I use for everyday plinking.

Just a side note, I asked earlier about the turn around for others. Well as others who ordered this past friday have already received their orders I decided to give target sports a call. It seems that they ship out of multiple warehouses. So, the Sk Match I ordered is still awaiting shipping. It appears some warehouses ship faster than others.

I have an order I placed yesterday already out for delivery, and an order from Friday that hasn't shipped yet.

Picked up a Mark IV Lite and threw a Holosun 407kv2 on it and couldn't be happier. Thing is pretty dead nuts accurate, cheap to shoot, and a ton of fun. It's also eats anything I fed it, and even after 500 rounds in one trip, didn't skip a beat. It isn't the easiest gun in the world to clean (takedown is a breeze but hard to get to some of the nooks and crannies) but that really isn't an issue in the grand scheme of things, especially when you compare it to videos of the Mark III.

Most 22 pistols will shoot Minimags problem-free all day long... the Rugers MK1-2-3-4 will shoot also everything else. However the combat- looking Walters and Sigs in 22 will shoot pretty much only minimags and some high speed Remington that I forgot what it was called.

The above was a surprise. I have had for years a Ruger MK3, but recently got me a Walter P22... and to my dismay it shot only Minimags and sucked with everything else. Did some investigation- yep- it is picky. And here I was thinking all 22 pistols shoot all 22 ammo without any issues. Nope. Live and learn.

Back
Top Bottom