• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

You guys shoot this much shotgun ammo? Is this for fun or SHTF ammo? Christ, I get a headache after shooting 3 slugs...I am too old and/or too soft methinks.
I had a 18 inch pump that I got from a group buy and had almost no ammo for it for the longest time so even with me buying here and there for the last month or so I still have just a modest supply

You guys shoot this much shotgun ammo? Is this for fun or SHTF ammo? Christ, I get a headache after shooting 3 slugs...I am too old and/or too soft methinks.

I, much like the above commenter have only a modest supply. With that said, if I’m bringing the shotgun to the range, I’m going to put at least 50 rds. Between slugs and buck through it. Practice makes perfect and we gotta toughen up that shoulder! right? That reduces even a modest (few hundred rounds total) supply to not a whole heck of a lot, in not a very long time.

Wolf 12 Gauge Ammo 2 3/4" 00 Power Buckshot 9 Pellets
Outstanding Ammo. 100-round cases (free ship) $69.80 (non-PRIME) $64.22 (PRIME) Same price it was 2 months ago...
65 cents/rd for OO Buck? Are you shitting me?
Get it quick...

Don't bother. Gone. Reset reminder...

View attachment 375202View attachment 375203

Arrived today and this batch is straight off the boat from Bernie Sander's honeymoon heaven date of manufacture 4/2020.

Thanks for (just) the tip @enbloc ;)

🐯

I was in the same boat earlier this month and went ahead with the renewal for the one-off boxes or other such orders. It only takes a few orders to make it worthwhile.

In 1 year of membership I spent $3700...savings is $207 minus $95 for membership..I saved $112 or less then 10 bucks a month..or 2 trips to D&D amo.

In 1 year of membership I spent $3700...savings is $207 minus $95 for membership..I saved $112 or less then 10 bucks a month..or 2 trips to D&D amo.
Need to factor in the shipping savings as well(unless you only order in bulk).

Since 4/28 my ammo savings are $172, not all of which was bulk so shipping would have applied to a few orders.

I was thinking the same. I've got a few boxes of slugs and buckshot along with a case of #8 or #9 target loads. I think I've had this same ammo for almost 10 years at this point. I can't even remember the last time I shot my Mossberg 500...Maybe I ought to dust it off sometime.

Both? I train with the Wolf OO Buck and Wolf slug. And it's fun!...

Oh, and All Ammo is SHTF ammo... if you need it to be.

Don't own one to shoot, but having the ammo doesn't hurt.

I also haven't checked my bank account yet this month

Just make sure you try those minis in your HD shotty first. I had inconsistent luck with them in the past so will not use them for HD.

Same, but there is a great little company out of texas that fixes that problem for the Mossbergs.

Can't speak highly enough of how simple this thing is and how reliable I've found it. Very easy to rip it out if you want to keep 3" shells on the saddle like I do. You can always load right into the action and leave it in, but if I want to switch to full size shells and load the mag, it's no issue at all to quickly remove the opsol.

I blew it again missing the 12 gauge band wagon. On the bright side, 00 Buck has been stocked 2 times in the past 5 days, which gives me hope that in the next week I’ll be in the right place at the right time.

Same, but there is a great little company out of texas that fixes that problem for the Mossbergs.

Can't speak highly enough of how simple this thing is and how reliable I've found it. Very easy to rip it out if you want to keep 3" shells on the saddle like I do. You can always load right into the action and leave it in, but if I want to switch to full size shells and load the mag, it's no issue at all to quickly remove the opsol.

Great idea. Unfortunately for Mossberg only not others brands

How much capacity do the mini shells add?

How much capacity do the mini shells add?

It turns my 5 + 1 into an 8 + 1, I believe in a 590 they end up at 16 + 1.

Personally I don't feel like the slight reduction in velocity is a big deal consider the size of the slugs. It's also easier for my smaller GF to handle the recoil, versus high brass.

They come in a combo shell as well with 7 x #4 buck and 4x1#Buck.

I run 6 shells on a side saddle and 5 on the stock, all 3" high brass. 8 in the mag, cruiser ready. So if I can't end the threat with the 8 I have in the tube, I have 11 more right behind with a little more pep.

Back
Top Bottom