Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

A few hrs ago there were 99+ cases of 556mm blanks, and now they're gone.

Have things gotten so dire? Like I'm gonna hit the range for a bit, shoot some blanks, then hit McD's on the way home?

That's a tough pill to swallow. I also feel bad for people who want to shoot 50 BMG. A 10 round mag is currently $54. at Target. Not sure what it was before this all went down, but that seems crazy.

The cost of that round is the only reason I haven’t bought one yet.

A few hrs ago there were 99+ cases of 556mm blanks, and now they're gone.

Have things gotten so dire? Like I'm gonna hit the range for a bit, shoot some blanks, then hit McD's on the way home?
The way some people shoot here (from what I hear), they might not know the difference!

Then again, go watch youtube, and see what people are doing with .22 pellets and nail gun blanks.

What's the consensus on reloadingunlimited.com? I grabbed some CCI small rifle primers from them about a week ago because they had them in stock but that was my first order.
They want $44.99 for 1k winchester SRP and $39.99 for Win LPP plus $28.50 hazmat plus shipping of $12. Even Bass Pro locally is cheaper. I hope you bought 10 cases to spread out those fees. They can kiss my grits...I’ll wait.

You would think that producing their own ammo (or wholesale private labelling) they would offer dirt cheap prices. Nope. $17/box. That's $0.33/rnd. I'm starting to lose faith in TS a bit.
View attachment 371846

Yeah, a little annoying that the price is with their own ammo. I unfortunately paid it, to hedge my bets against it getting worse. Made me sick to pay M193 prices for bargain 9mm 124gr FMJ.
Fortunately, I did see the signs of corona’s impact well ahead of time and got a few thousand of a few rounds at normal prices. But, I wanted some more in case I take a course this fall or next spring.

You would think that producing their own ammo (or wholesale private labelling) they would offer dirt cheap prices. Nope. $17/box. That's $0.33/rnd. I'm starting to lose faith in TS a bit.
View attachment 371846
Not sure if serious so you're losing faith in TS because they're providing ammo to people? If I was going to hazard a guess the private labeling is because they purchased it in bulk unboxed and had to box it themselves, or similar. I mean at some point or another the vendors basically have to say no but they are probably getting people that are clamoring for it.... that of course is the risk. If you have nothing then that group bitches, if you have something, but it's expensive, then another group bitches. Most just avoid going that high, choosing the bare shelf option...

Not sure if serious so you're losing faith in TS because they're providing ammo to people? If I was going to hazard a guess the private labeling is because they purchased it in bulk unboxed and had to box it themselves, or similar. I mean at some point or another the vendors basically have to say no but they are probably getting people that are clamoring for it.... that of course is the risk. If you have nothing then that group bitches, if you have something, but it's expensive, then another group bitches. Most just avoid going that high, choosing the bare shelf option...
I don't care what the process is for them to unbox, rebox, or whatever they do. All I know is that TS is offering a no-name private-label product that's more expensive than established high-end ammo. Unless this ammo is covered in diamond dust, it makes more sense to buy brand name. It's almost like TS is trying to get their price-gouge fix in, now that they've been exposed to this corona market for a few months now. I agree that offering ammo is better than having no ammo at all, but price gouging is not in line with the mission of their company.

I don't care what the process is for them to unbox, rebox, or whatever they do. All I know is that TS is offering a no-name private-label product that's more expensive than established high-end ammo. Unless this ammo is covered in diamond dust, it makes more sense to buy brand name. It's almost like TS is trying to get their price-gouge fix in, now that they've been exposed to this corona market for a few months now. I agree that offering ammo is better than having no ammo at all, but price gouging is not in line with the mission of their company.
Lol you posit this like there’s a reasonable, consistent source of branded 9mm ammo right now.... [rofl] Have you not been paying attention? Also given the market conditions how do you even know that they’re collecting a higher margin than they used to? It could be simply that they had to pay more to get that shipment in... Of course at a point like with the gun shops a lot of them just stop buying this shit because the price gouging whining makes it not even worth it to carry anything.... because people just don’t “get it”.

I like the TSUSA is "producing" their own line of ammo... I'd prefer that if they're going to do it though, that they make ammo geared towards competition. I'd love to see them make 9major, or 38SC, or heavy weight sub sonic 9 minor

According to their FAQ page, its made in the EU (they refuse to disclose the manufacturer). The head stamp is TSA.

Fwiw, theyve been branding 556 for a while as well.

Man I wish the ammo/bullet manufacturer I get my 38 and 44 cal bullets from, would get more 9mm ammo in stock. They've got tens of thousands of cheap 38 spl, 357 mag, and 45 ammo in stock but no 9mm left. They'd make a killing. Maybe I'll reach out to them to see when they'll have more 9mm ammo available....

They're cheapest offerings are 1k 115 gr FMJ for $250 shipped (out of stock)

Edit: Just called them. They have no idea when they will have more 9mm available. She also said that they would need to fulfill backorders and other orders first and would not know what they have left to sell online to regular customers.

Last edited:
Man I wish the ammo/bullet manufacturer I get my 38 and 44 cal bullets from, would get more 9mm ammo in stock. They've got tens of thousands of cheap 38 spl, 357 mag, and 45 ammo in stock but no 9mm left. They'd make a killing. Maybe I'll reach out to them to see when they'll have more 9mm ammo available....

They're cheapest offerings are 1k 115 gr FMJ for $250 shipped (out of stock)

Edit: Just called them. They have no idea when they will have more 9mm available. She also said that they would need to fulfill backorders and other orders first and would not know what they have left to sell online to regular customers.

So it sounds like there’s a bonafide supply shortage, not that it’s just moving quickly?
Bum bum bummmmm

Back
Top Bottom