• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target and hunting restriction

stiggy1972

Banned
What does that even mean. Can i carry concealed it is still an class a not a class b. my transportation vehicle are a jeep open in summer time and a motorcycle. Neither one has a lockable compartment that is why i applied for my class a and not a class b. so how do i obey the the law if i have a restriction I am very confused on this matter i went to medford police but officer wasn't in. Any one have any input on this matter

Ahhh another Medford satisfied citizen

No CCW for you, except in your house,

I am not a lawyer, but I would suggest you transport your guns unloaded in locked cases.

Better get a set of soft bags for the bike, and keep the stuff in the Jeep covered up and locked

A target and hunting restriction means that you cannot carry unless you're going to the range or hunting.

Whether you can carry concealed on your way to the range or the woods is debatable. John Law may not take the view that this is lawful.

Most here would say that it's not a good idea.

If you have no locked compartment, put them in a locked case, or other secure container. On your bike, cable-lock it to the machine; on the jeep, cable lock it to the vehicle (this part is not required by law, but by Massprudence).

IMO, the intent of the LO giving you the LTC-A with restrictions was to prevent you from carrying concealed. Should a cop in another town find you doing so, on a Restricted LTC, he may drop a dime to your home town PD.

Happy motoring.

I will go talk to firearm officer on tuesday i dont want to break any laws but on other hand i have my rights i believe the safest place for my gun is on me under my control at all times when not in my safe

So what steps should i take to get restrictions removed has anybody done this with success

move out of state, report the move, let them expire the license, move back to a town that issues permits BS, re-apply.

If you think you are going to get Medford to issue you unrestricted without owning a business, being a cop, or some other act of God you have a better chance of seeing God

Target & Hunting restriction means that you can transport your firearm,rifle,or shotgun unloaded and in a locked container.Anyone that tells you that you can carry when going to the range is wrong,and if the police chief tells you it is ok get it in writing or it's worthless.

Target & Hunting restriction means that you can transport your firearm,rifle,or shotgun unloaded and in a locked container.Anyone that tells you that you can carry when going to the range is wrong,and if the police chief tells you it is ok get it in writing or it's worthless.

Im pretty sure theres a quote online from the lowell licensing officer saying that you can carry to and from the range.

It all comes down to one thing,if you get stopped by the police can you prove that you are allowed to carry that firearm with the restriction that you have on your LTC.

MA has to be the only place that will issue you a license to carry and restrict it to you can't carry. It's like getting a drivers license restricted to parking lots only.

It all comes down to one thing,if you get stopped by the police can you prove that you are allowed to carry that firearm with the restriction that you have on your LTC.

^^^^ This

Any officer stopping you will have no clue what your chief meant unless you had a signed letter from your chief and carried it everywhere you go.

Wisest way to proceed is to lock the gun up, unloaded for getting to/from your "restriction".

I will go talk to firearm officer on tuesday i dont want to break any laws but on other hand i have my rights i believe the safest place for my gun is on me under my control at all times when not in my safe

If the Medford, PD had wanted you to carry concealed, they would have issued you an unrestricted LTC. They didn't.

A target and hunting restriction means that you cannot carry unless you're going to the range or hunting.

Whether you can carry concealed on your way to the range or the woods is debatable. John Law may not take the view that this is lawful.

Most here would say that it's not a good idea.

If you have no locked compartment, put them in a locked case, or other secure container. On your bike, cable-lock it to the machine; on the jeep, cable lock it to the vehicle (this part is not required by law, but by Massprudence).

IMO, the intent of the LO giving you the LTC-A with restrictions was to prevent you from carrying concealed. Should a cop in another town find you doing so, on a Restricted LTC, he may drop a dime to your home town PD.

Happy motoring.

My LO, the LT, said I can carry on the way to the range or to hunt. He was the one that brought it up, too. I forgot to ask if that was concealed or open.

My LO, the LT, said I can carry on the way to the range or to hunt. I forgot to ask if that was concealed or open.

Said won't do you any good. Unless you get it in writing, if you get stopped, you are likely to be arrested for "illegal carry". Even if you get it in writing, yer going to be wearing shiney bracelets for at least a little while.

Said won't do you any good. Unless you get it in writing, if you get stopped, you are likely to be arrested for "illegal carry". Even if you get it in writing, yer going to be wearing shiney bracelets for at least a little while.

When I go to pick up my license, I'll get it. What/how do I ask?

Ask for a document on the Police Letterhead that details what situations you are permitted to open or conceal carry a firearm with your license.

Dragon...I know this is after the fact but you could have saved yourself lots of heartache by coming to this forum before you got your LTC. You also sound like you trust the police and think that they are some kind of firearms experts and firearms law experts. That's a big mistake that can only get you in a jam potentially. Start following this sub-forum. Use the search feature and you will be surprised at how much you can learn. There are maybe five people who post regularly about Mass Firearms Law (one has already posted to your thread) that you can take what they say with absolute confidence. The truth is our gun laws are so bad here most cops and lawyers are clueless when it comes to knowing the whys and wherefores. BTW you were screwed by MPD, but if you had checked the NES town guide , you would have known that before you even applied.

Now go move to New Hampshire.

My pd said under those circumstances u can carry under ur direct control on the way.

There is no such thing as a concealed carry law or permit in mass. It is also not an open carry state however. Weird. Think about it. A cop has the same ltc as a civillian. At least ask for a sporting restriction. Target and hunting is stupid. Frankly everyone should get an unrestricted license.

Back
Top Bottom