Target and hunting restriction

Dragon...I know this is after the fact but you could have saved yourself lots of heartache by coming to this forum before you got your LTC. You also sound like you trust the police and think that they are some kind of firearms experts and firearms law experts. That's a big mistake that can only get you in a jam potentially. Start following this sub-forum. Use the search feature and you will be surprised at how much you can learn. There are maybe five people who post regularly about Mass Firearms Law (one has already posted to your thread) that you can take what they say with absolute confidence. The truth is our gun laws are so bad here most cops and lawyers are clueless when it comes to knowing the whys and wherefores. BTW you were screwed by MPD, but if you had checked the NES town guide , you would have known that before you even applied.

Now go move to New Hampshire.

I'm in Newton.
I actually was reading these forums before I applied. I found my NRA course instructor here. There's so much information on this site... I'm still learning

The problem with regards to definitions of restrictions is much like the rest of the BS laws of this state. There are no actual defintions to what any of them mean and are "interpreted" 8 million different ways. The best thing i have heard so far is that the definition of a restriction is up to the issuing agency. So town A issues you it with restrictions and tells you what they mean to them. You get questioned in town B that has a completely different definition. A+B=youre probably screwed. This state needs a serious colonoscopy

Need one license in mass. No restrictions. Period. All these classes of licenses are stupid. Mines unrestricted and I'm still pissed. Shouldn't be up to someone else what they feel we deserve.
Our chief is great. If he's replaced with a libtard then what? Oh sure. Ill hand it in now....

The problem with regards to definitions of restrictions is much like the rest of the BS laws of this state. There are no actual defintions to what any of them mean and are "interpreted" 8 million different ways. The best thing i have heard so far is that the definition of a restriction is up to the issuing agency. So town A issues you it with restrictions and tells you what they mean to them. You get questioned in town B that has a completely different definition. A+B=youre probably screwed. This state needs a serious colonoscopy

So we will see you at the rally on Boston Common on April 3rd, yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragon, the LT in Newton said the same thing to me, and I questioned him on it after he brought it up. But like you, he originally brought it up on his own.

My LO, the LT, said I can carry on the way to the range or to hunt...

Dragon, the LT in Newton said the same thing to me...

That appears to be true, as Newton has apparently adopted the DCJIS/FRB restriction definitions...

Newton PD said:
None – The LTC is issued for all lawful purposes with no restrictions. This is used for all FID cards, as by statute, they may not be issued with any restrictions imposed.

Target & Hunting – Restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition; for use in the lawful pursuit of game animals and birds; for personal protection in the home; and for the purpose of collecting (other than machine guns). Includes travel to and from activity location.

Sporting – Restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition; for use in the lawful pursuit of game animals and birds; for personal protection in the home; for the purpose of collecting (other than machine guns); and for outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, camping, cross country skiing, or similar activities. Includes travel to and from activity location.

Employment - Restricts possession to business owner engaged in business activities, or to an employee while engaged in work related activities, and maintaining proficiency, where the employer requires carrying of a firearm (i.e. armored car, security guard, etc.). Includes travel to and from activity location.

http://206.40.161.218/NEW_FORMS/Firearms-Eligibility.pdf

i asked firearm officer in medford if i can carry to and from range he said yes in a case not concealed so i hope when i get robbed or attacted i am at range even after a letter about my self being a victom of a violent crime so when the person i put in jail gets out my only chance of survival is during target or hunting event i applied for my ltc so i could be prepared when criminal gets released but medford wont give unresticted to me what way to make a victom feel safe

i asked firearm officer in medford if i can carry to and from range he said yes in a case not concealed so i hope when i get robbed or attacted i am at range even after a letter about my self being a victom of a violent crime so when the person i put in jail gets out my only chance of survival is during target or hunting event i applied for my ltc so i could be prepared when criminal gets released but medford wont give unresticted to me what way to make a victom feel safe

Not concealed, so it must be open carry... in a case?

Moving is not an option for me its really sad when somebody want to obey the laws and is truely scared fir the saftly of his child and himself cant legaly protect himeself agianst a known phyco path even though at moment he is still in jail at any moment somebody serving time with him can be released and come looking i hope if that happens i can convince them to allow me to go home to retrieve my gun if i had money i could try an appeal with a atterny

i did my part and took a monster iff the streets and now my rights to protect my family are being restricted by the chief of medford even after sending a detailed letter about case

Moving is not an option for me its really sad when somebody want to obey the laws and is truely scared fir the saftly of his child and himself cant legaly protect himeself agianst a known phyco path even though at moment he is still in jail at any moment somebody serving time with him can be released and come looking i hope if that happens i can convince them to allow me to go home to retrieve my gun if i had money i could try an appeal with a atterny

i did my part and took a monster iff the streets and now my rights to protect my family are being restricted by the chief of medford even after sending a detailed letter about case

Have you Emailed Comm2A? They are starting to attack these arbitrary issues in Fed Court and it's possible your issue might fit what they are doing, with a potential result that you are looking for. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom