• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Desert Eagle Megathread…

Jerry has a grip like a steel bear trap. Unreal.

That compensator is actually part of the barrel, shaves off a couple of pounds I’ve heard. It might not seem like much but that really helps the restoring forces on that honking slide for those insanely fast follow up shots.

Dude, what is that?
The original Wildey company went out of business a while back, USAFirearms started making them a year or two ago and made a few improvements as well.

Ammo is a tad expensive, $100/50. Not sure if older or newer is better, don't care. I will have one. The one Charles Bronson used in DW3 was his personal gun.

Last edited:
Did some quick research and you can handload for the .475 Widley mag. I didn't think components would be available for that caliber but they are. Seems there is a cult following still for the .475 Wid. I love the challenge of handloading experimentation, so maybe as I near retirement a 10" .475 Wid will be on my list to own. Chuck would be proud !

Did some quick research and you can handload for the .475 Widley mag. I didn't think components would be available for that caliber but they are. Seems there is a cult following still for the .475 Wid. I love the challenge of handloading experimentation, so maybe as I near retirement a 10" .475 Wid will be on my list to own. Chuck would be proud !
It is amazing what is out there. You can get components for anything. The hardest part is usually brass for obscure or very old cartridges, but even for those you can find info online on what to trim.

Primers and bullets are the easy part.

Since it is gas operated, does this gun run into the same issue the DE runs into with lead bullets.

Hand loading is precisely what Bronson does in the movie. In many action movies you see the main character saw off the barrel of a shotgun, in less you see the characters threading a barrel for a silencer. This is one of the only action movies I can think of where you see the main character make hot hand loads and teach everyone in the neighborhood how to do it. Pretty cool.

Hand loading is precisely what Bronson does in the movie. In many action movies you see the main character saw off the barrel of a shotgun, in less you see the characters threading a barrel for a silencer. This is one of the only action movies I can think of where you see the main character make hot hand loads and teach everyone in the neighborhood how to do it. Pretty cool.
I wouldn't go by what someone does in a movie. I am talking about real life here. Lol.

Has he bought one yet? Cmon, its New Year's already.
No I’m going to pass for now lol. Though it’s tempting to put the $600 stimulus check towards one 😂
I don’t want to be driving myself crazy trying to get a $2000 gun to shoot reliably. Big gamble buying one off GunBroker without ever seeing it in person or shooting it

No I’m going to pass for now lol. Though it’s tempting to put the $600 stimulus check towards one 😂
I don’t want to be driving myself crazy trying to get a $2000 gun to shoot reliably. Big gamble buying one off GunBroker without ever seeing it in person or shooting it

WELCHER! [laugh]

There has to be a public, indoor range in eastern Mass, RI, or NH where there's one available to rent. I'm also sure the guys on here who said they have one wouldn't mind introducing you to both a .44 and a .50.

Personally, I don't see the appeal. I would rather own a NFA-registered machine gun over a DE. If I'm going to piss money away, I might as well piss money away while laughing my ass off in a pile of brass.

WELCHER! [laugh]

There has to be a public, indoor range in eastern Mass, RI, or NH where there's one available to rent. I'm also sure the guys on here who said they have one wouldn't mind introducing you to both a .44 and a .50.

Personally, I don't see the appeal. I would rather own a NFA-registered machine gun over a DE. If I'm going to piss money away, I might as well piss money away while laughing my ass off in a pile of brass.

Granite State has both a .44 and .50 to rent

Get a BFR instead.

Wind River.......
45-70. BOOM!

WELCHER! [laugh]

An NFA transferable MG is going to cost a lot more

Back
Top Bottom