• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

50 AE Desert Eagle

50 AE Desert Eagle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so you had matching HC and blued 3 barrel sets; you sold the HC one, and now are getting the blued one chromed?
I just had one HC DE with no extra barrels/accessories. Sold that one gun and then won the blued DE with a total of 3 barrels which are getting HC'd.

DW357: What scope mount is on that beast?

My L5 is jealous :D
It’s a factory Magnum Research scope mount. The whole set is all factory parts or parts that could be ordered by MR back then. This is one of the catalogs that was part of the set in the box. And it’s Simmons 2X scope.
IMG_0154.jpeg
I’ve since installed a Bushnell 2-6 pistol scope that I had taken off the 15 inch Dan Wesson 357 barrel I sold. IMG_0233.jpeg

I just had one HC DE with no extra barrels/accessories. Sold that one gun and then won the blued DE with a total of 3 barrels which are getting HC'd.
This is an older Mark 1 model DE and the previous HC model I had was a newer Mark XIX which can't accept the old style barrels. Limited to the 10 inch barrels only on the newer models.

although I like the TS better, I may go with the gold. Figured it would be easier to find a 44 barrel if I wanted one in the future. Dont think the pattern would match on a TS.

I know 2 women (real ones; no dicks to be found) that would
get one if they could actually *lift* a DE.

Wonder if that will be an L5 color or just send it down to their finisher.

That is sweet. I have my DE 3 barrel set at Ford's Custom Guns in Florida to be brushed hard chromed. I am not a blued finish guy and I realize the polished blue finish is VERY nice, but I prefer hard chrome - much easier to clean and looks badass.

However I didn't ship the scope rings to be HC'd. I did include the scope base/rail to be HC'd though. I figured if the scope is blued, having the scope rings HC'd shouldn't matter too much. I hope to have it back in October.
So I got a phone call from Ford’s earlier this morning. They wanted to know if I had the gun refinished previously. I said no I believe this is how it came from the factory with the “polished blue” finish. She thinks it was refinished because there are no edges as everything has been “melted” or rounded. She’s like ya I wanted to let you know we can’t bring back those edges. I’m like ya I understand you can’t rework the shape of the metal 😂

I did notice it was very smooth and there were no sharp edges etc. I just figured that’s how it came from the bluing process🤷🏻‍♂️

Whatever. She says they’re working on it now and she hopes to have it ready to ship in a couple more weeks😬😬

Back
Top Bottom