• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

50 AE Desert Eagle

50 AE Desert Eagle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Desert Eagle in 50AE seems to have more recoil and less power than the 500 S&W. The Desert Eagle in 44 magnum is the softest shooting 44 magnum I've ever fired. Anyone have a different opinion?

The Desert Eagle in 50AE seems to have more recoil and less power than the 500 S&W. The Desert Eagle in 44 magnum is the softest shooting 44 magnum I've ever fired. Anyone have a different opinion?

Interesting ... I shot a 50 AE and a 4" 500 SW last weekend, both with what was supposed to be "writs breaker" ammo.

They felt similar to me, but the DE felt a little softer. Maybe it is because the larger grip doesn't leave much room for it to hit the hand like the smaller revolver grip.

I also shot a couple of 44mag that weekend, but not a DE in 44.

So you can order the TS and gold again from magnum research. about 3780 for Ts and 150 less for the gold. 12-18 month wait So i guess the prices on GB line up if you wait. Some are still way stupid price.

My L5 (5" aluminum) DE in 44M is a total pussycat! WAAAY softer than my revolver.

I'm considering a 460XVR or so to add to the collection.

Interesting ... I shot a 50 AE and a 4" 500 SW last weekend, both with what was supposed to be "writs breaker" ammo.

They felt similar to me, but the DE felt a little softer. Maybe it is because the larger grip doesn't leave much room for it to hit the hand like the smaller revolver grip.

I also shot a couple of 44mag that weekend, but not a DE in 44.
The desert eagle was way heavier than the .500 so less recoil, I’d say they were close.

Honestly, I think of everything we shot the .460 mag was the closest to a wrist breaker, agree or not? IMG_4374.jpeg

I don't know what "pre-ban" means. Maybe some states have some sort of ban? ... maybe Reptile is selling this?

Anyway... you should buy it.

View attachment 778397

It is not just rare, it is ULTRA rare.

when you buy it, please cerakote those scope rings gold.
It's hard chrome, not gold.

clearly, the rings should be hard chromed

Why the hell would you want a 14” pistol barrel? Go buy a Henry.
CreedmoorPistol3.jpg

I've only fired 50 AE a few times but I never had the impression that it was more than a 500. Than again I've never shot them back to back.

I don't know what "pre-ban" means. Maybe some states have some sort of ban? ... maybe Reptile is selling this?

Anyway... you should buy it.

View attachment 778397

It is not just rare, it is ULTRA rare.

when you buy it, please cerakote those scope rings gold.
It's hard chrome, not gold.

clearly, the rings should be hard chromed
That is sweet. I have my DE 3 barrel set at Ford's Custom Guns in Florida to be brushed hard chromed. I am not a blued finish guy and I realize the polished blue finish is VERY nice, but I prefer hard chrome - much easier to clean and looks badass.

However I didn't ship the scope rings to be HC'd. I did include the scope base/rail to be HC'd though. I figured if the scope is blued, having the scope rings HC'd shouldn't matter too much. I hope to have it back in October.

That is sweet. I have my DE 3 barrel set at Ford's Custom Guns in Florida to be brushed hard chromed. I am not a blued finish guy and I realize the polished blue finish is VERY nice, I much prefer hard chrome - much easier to clean and looks badass.

However I didn't ship the scope rings to be HC'd. I did include the scoep base/rail to be HC'd though. I figured if the scope is blued, having the scope rings HC'd shouldn't matter too much. I hope to have it back in October.
I thought you sold the DE.

Since you didn't break it, is it safe to say the DE Is DW357 TOUGH CERTIFIED?

I thought you sold the DE.

Since you didn't break it, is it safe to say the DE Is DW357 TOUGH CERTIFIED?
Lmao. I sold the HC'd DE then accidentally won the 3 barrel set for a crazy good price from Rock Island Auctions.

That is beautiful.
Thanks. I'm not looking forward to the bill from Ford's [laugh]
I'm having them HC the bolt too. They had a sale (10% off) back in the spring on all HC finishes so that will help offset the shipping lol.
They're not cheap but Ford's is the finisher for all Desert Eagles going back to the 80s. So I figured sending it to the original finish company makes the most sense.

Back
Top Bottom