• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taking Aim at Poaching

Really??!!! Michael spent his career in the AG's office on the Hazardous Waste Task Force. He had a very limited if any woods time. Now he is "Hooking up" with HSUS. get far away from this guy, He is now looking to advance himself at the expense of the Sportsmen and Women. Ask him how many Fish and Wildlife cases he actually wrote or brought to court.

So is he a bad man and is coyote man posting a bad informations article? How do you know “Michael?” Thanks.

So is he a bad man and is coyote man posting a bad informations article? How do you know “Michael?” Thanks.

I was a Natural Resource Officer, Michael was a Marine and Recreational Vehicle Officer, who was not a fully empowered police officer, Then The NRO's and The MRV merged and the EPO's were created and we inherited the hacks of that agency. So yes I know Michael quite well.

Any one that attaches themselves to HSUS to accomplish anything, is not to be trusted.

Oh, Read the article and notice where he said that the "Redtailed Hawk was Rare" not even close. A protected bird of prey yes, Rare NO!!!

Fluff piece = bunch of BS.
I didn't know that red tailed hawks were rare? I'd say their population is booming.
I drive by the Westboro ELEO office all the time and on Saturdays the parking lot is jammed full of patrol vehicles at the height of fishing and hunting season(s).
I've been hunting and fishing in Central MA for 25 years and have only seen a game warden out of his truck on one occasion. That was the time my teenage son and his friend had rigged up a small trolling motor on our canoe and I was dropping them off at A-1, Stump Pond in Westboro. A highly motivated poacher preventer followed us all the way from Westboro center and once the kids had the boat launched he rolled in and started yelling at us about how the canoe needed to be registered if they were going to use a "motor". "I could give you a big ticket for this you know..!" I asked if I could pull the motor and the lawn tractor battery and let the teenagers go fishing...He begrudgingly agreed and got in his $50,000.00 truck and left....His boots were nicely bloused in his combat fatigues though........ [smile][thinking]

Does he specifically use Michael O. Moore in his writings so people don't confuse him with Michael F. Moore ???

michael-moore.jpg

On the surface the article seems ok. There is no reason that mass shouldn't be part of the data base to deny hunting licenses to people that are violators in other states . However.....when I see that he is paired himself to the humane society I immediately start to question his true agenda.

Anybody, and I mean anybody, who would join up with an organization with the reputation and past track record of the HSUS definitely needs to have their motives questioned. Both the past president and vice-president have resigned because of multiple sexual harassment allegations, a past vice-president is heading to prison for child sexual abuse charges and the organization settled a RICO lawsuit out of court for millions. They have a low rating as a charity as well. The organization has quietly moved millions of dollars to offshore accounts in Cayman Island banks and has been investigated by several state attorneys general for highly questionable fund raising tactics.

Just because Moore falls back on his time as an EPO doesn't mean he gets a pass on his motives, especially when he joins up with a proven lowlife organization like the HSUS. I am highly suspicious of Moore's motives and involvement with HSUS, an organization described as the Clinton Foundation of the animal rights movement.

On the surface the article seems ok. There is no reason that mass shouldn't be part of the data base to deny hunting licenses to people that are violators in other states . However.....when I see that he is paired himself to the humane society I immediately start to question his true agenda.

This. You don't need to partner with HSUS for this legislation...it's fairly common sense.The real question is why isn't MA part of the database?

The other common sense part is....poachers generally don't buy a license, much like gangbangers don't got to the police station to get an LTC, so how important is it?

As far as Red tail hawks go....I wish I saw as many deer as I see Red Tail hawks, Owls and other Birds of Prey, Coyotes, Foxes, and Fisher Cats. Plenty of predators around.

And Game Wardens.... I've been hunting 35 years and never seen one in MA other than at my kids hunter ed course.

Last edited:
Is poaching actually a problem??

The deer herd is healthy and overpopulated in and around most urban/suburban areas. Turkeys are overpopulated everywhere. If some poor hungry sap jacks a deer here and there because he’s hungry, the affect on the herd will be close to nil. Not many people poach.

Fish on the other hand, they need to keep foreigners from catching and keeping everything they can. That’s where there is room for enforcement and harsher penalties.

Is poaching actually a problem??

The deer herd is healthy and overpopulated in and around most urban/suburban areas. Turkeys are overpopulated everywhere. If some poor hungry sap jacks a deer here and there because he’s hungry, the affect on the herd will be close to nil. Not many people poach.

Fish on the other hand, they need to keep foreigners from catching and keeping everything they can. That’s where there is room for enforcement and harsher penalties.
I need to shoot holes in your statement.

Poaching is poaching....period. you state it's ok for a guy to jack a deer without a license now and then to feed his family but not on for "foreignors" to jack a few fish without a license to feed theirs? Doesn't make sense to me. Poaching is poaching.....everyone should play by the regs and the regs should be enforced. My 2 cents anyway.

Last edited:

Poaching is poaching....period. you state it's ok for a guy to jack a deer without a license now and then to feed his family but not on for "foreignors" to jack a few fish without a license to feed theirs? Doesn't make sense to me. Poaching is poaching.....everyone should play by the regs and the regs should be enforced. My 2 cents anyway.

There is no such thing as short fish to most foreigners is what I've always been told but license or not I agree that poaching is poaching. Doesn't matter who is doing it.

There is no such thing as short fish to most foreigners is what I've always been told but license or not I agree that poaching is poaching. Doesn't matter who is doing it.
I once had an environmental policeman walk past the 20 or so illegals on a pier in Lynn to see if my kid and I had a lobster license. Mind you we were crabbing with baskets.
Much like every other law in the USA foreigners tend to not suffer penalties for poaching.

Poaching is poaching, breaking lawrs is breaking lawrs.

Equal protection under the law?? My ass. I was always taught to respect the law but recent history has taught me that it is a fools erand. Don’t get caught, or be more important than the average folks is now how it is. I did not make it that way, that’s just how it is.

So now that we have established that following the law is for suckers, let’s go with doing the right thing for the future....which is arguably still a fools errand if you watch the ruling class.
Deer, over-populated. If a guy takes an extra, the herd survives. Fish, many species in decline for various reasons, too numerous to get into at the moment. Foreigners often time blatantly disobey best management practices and the law. In plain sight, and give zero f***s about it. What they do when people aren’t looking is up to the imagination. This is taking of a limited resource that is by most all accounts in jeopardy. Are deer in jeopardy? My anecdotal evidence says no. Fish, my anecdotal evidence says yes.

Is it right or wrong? Are lawrs right or wrong? I sleep well at night.

Poaching is poaching, breaking lawrs is breaking lawrs.

Equal protection under the law?? My ass. I was always taught to respect the law but recent history has taught me that it is a fools erand. Don’t get caught, or be more important than the average folks is now how it is. I did not make it that way, that’s just how it is.

So now that we have established that following the law is for suckers, let’s go with doing the right thing for the future....which is arguably still a fools errand if you watch the ruling class.
Deer, over-populated. If a guy takes an extra, the herd survives. Fish, many species in decline for various reasons, too numerous to get into at the moment. Foreigners often time blatantly disobey best management practices and the law. In plain sight, and give zero f***s about it. What they do when people aren’t looking is up to the imagination. This is taking of a limited resource that is by most all accounts in jeopardy. Are deer in jeopardy? My anecdotal evidence says no. Fish, my anecdotal evidence says yes.

Is it right or wrong? Are lawrs right or wrong? I sleep well at night.
Just going back to the 80s watched the Hmongs poach 55 gallon trash cans full of bass. Nothing happened. I saw the same shit in ma. Hell turned in a Asian market in Lynn that was selling dressed crapies turned them in to the ma environmental police documented the 2 weeks of sale. They got away Scott free.

Just going back to the 80s watched the Hmongs poach 55 gallon trash cans full of bass. Nothing happened. I saw the same shit in ma. Hell turned in a Asian market in Lynn that was selling dressed crapies turned them in to the ma environmental police documented the 2 weeks of sale. They got away Scott free.

I wish we still had the dislike option, because I dislike that situation. Too bad we don’t pay taxes so folks with authoritaye could enforce laws against such practices. I guess that would be racist.

This is how I look at it.....

And deer may be overpopulated where you are in some protected backyard in the eastern suburb of the state...but they are NOT where I am in the bigger woods of Western and Central MA. And in most cases, guess where guys poach, in the big woods, at night, in some field near me, where they have less chance of getting pinched. My guess if they went to shoot a rifle at night in the area of 128 on in....it would end up badly.

Besides...taking a deer to feed a family....WTF really??? This state is the Gold Standard for food banks and welfare.. GMAFB, there is no reason to poach. Most of these fxcks are too lazy to get off the couch.

The majority of Aholes that poach out by me are shooting some big buck in a field for the antlers that theyve spotlighted, and its got nothing to do with the meat.

How about once we have uniform hunting laws and regulations we do that? I despise poachers and have done my share of citizen hunter policing, I’d rather not have more databases collecting data on people

I won't defend the Environmental Police, As of lately I have not much good about that agency, and this coming from the older, still working folks that I used to work with. Their numbers are at an all time low (about the same as it was for the Natural Resource Officers prior to merging with Marine and Recreational Vehicles and taking on their duties) They are not doing what we were hired to do in the early 80's. From what I was told the last three Directors (Who like to call themselves Colonels though the statute, says that they will be called "Director") have really screwed up that agency. The last, most in particular as he knew absolutely nothing about the job and promoted folks to command that were absolute "Ball Sucks". They now spent most their time chasing ATV's not doing much Natural Resource Enforcement. Just giggles folks as you state reps to file for a an accounting of the prosecutions by year for the last 10 years.

How about once we have uniform hunting laws and regulations we do that? I despise poachers and have done my share of citizen hunter policing, I’d rather not have more databases collecting data on people

They do have uniform hunting laws and regulations in Mass. Chapter 131 and 321 CMR.

The data base as far as I know is communicating between states. If a poacher that you despise is denied a hunting license in another state mass should know that and be able to deny a license here. That's my understanding ding of the data base.

The data base as far as I know is communicating between states. If a poacher that you despise is denied a hunting license in another state mass should know that and be able to deny a license here. That's my understanding ding of the data base.

There also is a statement on the license that states, that under pains and penalties of perjury that you are not prohibited from having that license. So you really don't need much of a "data base". Then again, as far as I know all hunting and Fishing licenses are now purchased online. So Who knows may be a "Data base" will needed.

At the Dawn of the Intarwebs, I found a list of of everyone prohibited by NYS from possessing hunting/trapping/fishing licenses on the DEC FTP server. It included names, addresses, date/type of offense, and when the prohibition would expire (if ever - some were lifetime). The offenses ran the gamut from narrow crabs to negligent homicide.

The purpose of the list was not to fulfill some interstate compact amongst clam cops, but to hand out to Empire State license purveyors, so they knew who to deny. (It was so long ago that NFW was the general store in Laurens, NY mandated to have a computer to download a copy of the list themselves).

The most interesting angle was that by far the biggest locus of chuckleheads in the woods came not from Fun City, or Newcomb, but the suburbs of Buffalo.

Everyone on NES with their panties in a twist should be glad that the Boston Globe-Retractor can't be bothered to publish stories on game law convictions. Because Google News would be glad to index those stories for all eternity, beyond all governmental ability to expunge the records. (They probably index the arrests with no way to discover the outcome, though).

Last edited:
They do have uniform hunting laws and regulations in Mass. Chapter 131 and 321 CMR.
Not from State to state. Plus you are already prohibited from obtaining a license in another state if you’ve lost it somewhere else. Almost everyone on this board cries foul when they want to have a database of gun ownership etc shares between states but we are ok with this? It’s not needed as there’s already a law that prohibits it but I guess we needs more laws and databases cause it’s for the children

Back
Top Bottom