TacTissy now a DV victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human nature women are less violent.
that may or may not be true probably is
does that mean women should get a pass if they are violent
does it mean men should be treated more harshly then women for the same level of violence
should your guns be confiscated based on uncorroborated word of a woman just because society has decided that women deserve special credibility because they are women and society thinks that the woman never instigates violence
if a woman slaps a man why is she not removed from the home and stripped of her children and her guns

that may or may not be true probably is
does that mean women should get a pass if they are violent
does it mean men should be treated more harshly then women for the same level of violence
should your guns be confiscated based on uncorroborated word of a woman just because society has decided that women deserve special credibility because they are women and society thinks that the woman never instigates violence?
if a woman slaps a man why is she not removed from the home and stripped of her children and her guns

No . Just women are natural less violent. Men where the hunters and women protected the kids .
crime, should be treated the same no matter the sex.
My mom works for DOR. There's plenty of cases of men having the women removed. Plenty of cases of women losing there rights for a abuse. My mom has come home in tears after having men call her crying from being abused , or watching there kids be attacked by the mom.
More cases of women being the one abused.

No . Just women are natural less violent. Men where the hunters and women protected the kids .
crime, should be treated the same no matter the sex.
My mom works for DOR. There's plenty of cases of men having the women removed. Plenty of cases of women losing there rights for a abuse. My mom has come home in tears after having men call her crying from being abused , or watching there kids be attacked by the mom.
More cases of women being the one abused.
ive not said that women do it more than men
ive said its not uncommon and that is something that needs to be recognized
and men need to be treated equally with women
and women need to be treated equally with men

I'm not sure what we disagree about

ive not said that women do it more than men
ive said its not uncommon and that is something that needs to be recognized
and men need to be treated equally with women
and women need to be treated equally with men

I'm not sure what we disagree about

You just started trolling and made it seem like every one thinks only women can be victims. The few women who have posted you twisted what they say.

RicoShay's view seems to me to be similar to the equal opportunity crap or reparations.

The fact that that some women do abuse their partner does not mean that no men abuse THEIR partners.

Abuse happens. Flatly dismissing this person's experience because of whatever happened to RicoShay is silly.

RicoShay's view seems to me to be similar to the equal opportunity crap or reparations.

The fact that that some women do abuse their partner does not mean that no men abuse THEIR partners.

Abuse happens. Flatly dismissing this person's experience because of whatever happened to RicoShay is silly.

nothing ever happened to me
I never said men dont do bad things or only women do bad things
this started out because i was as skeptical over her claim as to what happened as i would be if iraqveteran8888 made a video with those injuries
alluded to domestic violence in vague terms about someone who loved him
begged for privacy
and ended the video in a well timed loss of composure
it just gives off whiffs of an attempt to go viral rather than just making your next video when your cleared medically
thats it you guys have made a big deal of it

In true NES fashion, a thread that should be about stopping any abuse has devolved into a shit show because some troll came stomping in.

Tactissy never said who or what hit her, she implied domestic violence. This could have been a man or women who did it to her and maybe used a weapon. If you think girls can't hit think again my little sister could probably take half the posters on NES she is tough as nails so until the offender is identified I say it's open season on who did it.

BTW domestic violence is not a learned trait as someone else posted.

Myths About Abuse
Myth: When a couple is having a domestic violence problem, it is just that they have a bad relationship. Often, it's poor communication that is the problem.

Fact: Bad relationships do not result in or cause domestic violence. The idea that bad relationships cause violence in the home is one of the most common and dangerous misconceptions about domestic violence. First, it encourages all parties involved - including and especially the survivor - to minimize the seriousness of the problem and focus their energies on "improving the relationship" in the false hope that this will stop the violence. It also allows the batterer to blame the bad relationship and the violence itself on the survivor, rather than acknowledging his/her own responsibility.

More importantly, improving the relationship is not likely by itself to end the violence. Violence is learned behavior. Many couples have had bad relationships yet never become physically violent. Many batterers are violent in every one of their relationships, whether they consider them bad or good. The violent individual is the sole source and cause of the violence, and neither his/her partner nor their relationship should be held responsible.

Myth: Most domestic violence incidents are caused by alcohol or drug abuse.

Fact: Many people have alcohol and/or drug problems but are not violent; similarly, many batterers are not substance abusers. How people behave when they are "under the influence" of alcohol and/or drugs depends on a complex combination of personal, social, physical and emotional factors. And like many other types of behavior, alcohol- or drug-affected behavior patterns are culturally learned.

It is often easier to blame an alcohol or drug abuse problem than to admit that you or your partner is violent even when sober. Episodes of problem drinking and incidents of domestic violence often occur separately and must be treated as two distinct issues. Neither alcoholism nor drugs can explain or excuse domestic violence.

Myth: Domestic violence is often triggered by stress, for example, the loss of a job or some financial or marital problem.

Fact: Daily life is full of frustration associated with money and work, our families and other personal relationships. Everyone experiences stress, and everyone responds to it differently.

Violence is a specific learned and chosen response to stress, whether real or imagined. Certainly, high general levels of domestic violence can be related to social problems such as unemployment; however, other reactions to such situations are equally possible. Some people take out their frustration on themselves with drugs or alcohol; some take it out on others with verbal or physical abuse.

Myth: Most domestic violence occurs in lower class or minority communities.

Fact: Domestic violence occurs at all levels of society, regardless of social, economic, racial or cultural background.

Researchers and service providers have found, however, that economic and social factors can have a significant impact on how people respond to violent incidents and what kind of help they seek. Affluent people can usually afford private help - doctors, lawyers and counselors - while people with fewer financial resources tend to call the police or other public agencies. These agencies are often the only available source of statistics on domestic violence, and consequently, lower class and minority communities tend to be overrepresented in those figures, creating a distorted image of the problem.

Myth: The survivor did something to provoke the violence.

Fact: No one deserves to be beaten, battered, threatened or in any way victimized by violence. Batterers will rarely admit that they are the cause of the problem. In fact, putting the blame for the violence on the survivor is a way to manipulate the survivor and other people. Batterers will tell the survivor, "You made me mad" or "You made me jealous" or will try to shift the burden by saying "Everyone acts like that." Most survivors try to placate and please their abusive partners in order to deescalate the violence. The batterer chooses to abuse, and bears full responsibility for the violence.

Myth: Most batterers simply lose control during violent incidents and do not know what they are doing.

Fact: If batterers were truly out of control, as many claim to be during violent incidents, there would be many more domestic violence homicides. In fact, many batterers do "control" their violence, abusing their victims in less visible places on their bodies, such as under the hairline or on the torso. Furthermore, researchers have found that domestic violence often occurs in cycles, and every episode is preceded by a predictable, repeated pattern of behavior and decisions made by the batterer.

Myth: There are just as many cases of "husband battering" as wife battering, even if they are not reported.

Fact: Relatively few cases of heterosexual men being battered by women show up in police records, clinics or anonymous random surveys. Most adult victims of domestic violence are current or former wives, partners, girlfriends, or lovers of the batterer.

Myth: Domestic violence is a less serious problem— less lethal—than "real" violence, like street crimes.

Fact: It is a terrible and unrecognized fact that for many people, home is the least safe place. Domestic violence accounts for a significant proportion of all serious crimes - aggravated assault, rape and homicide. Furthermore, when compared with stranger-to-stranger crime, rate of occurrence and levels of severity are still underreported for domestic violence.

nothing ever happened to me
I never said men dont do bad things or only women do bad things
this started out because i was as skeptical over her claim as to what happened as i would be if iraqveteran8888 made a video with those injuries
alluded to domestic violence in vague terms about someone who loved him
begged for privacy
and ended the video in a well timed loss of composure
it just gives off whiffs of an attempt to go viral rather than just making your next video when your cleared medically
thats it you guys have made a big deal of it

If I post anything at all supportive of abused women you will respond with a statement that men are abused as much as women.

Abuse is an act of a defective and petty person desperately trying to feel better about themselves and whether that abuser is male or female, whether the victim is female or male, it is wrong and should be despised and punished.

That stands alone and has nothing at all to do with the fact that some reported abuse is false. That is itself, abuse.

+1
domestic violence seems to be a learned behavior. By both the perpetrators and the victims. A girl raised in a loving family where violence is not acceptable and where she is educated to know that she should never become a victim is less likely to be a victim than a girl raised seeing it happen to others in her life. Start talking to your daughter about what is and is not acceptable behavior from men, regardless of who they are (father, uncle, boy friend, husband) and let her know you will always be there if she needs you. SOunds like a shitty subject to have to discuss with a young girl but if you don't want her to be a victim help her understand from a young age that not everyone is as kind as her dad and that you will always be there for her.

With you on this Mike...
-Mike

Take 25 men and 25 women and pair them up and let them rotate through and fight. 90% of the time the guy is going to kick the shit out of the chick. Genetics.

While women may use violence to get what they want, even a larger than reported proportion of the time, the results are rarely the same.

Could society make a better effort to more fairly evaluate situations... sure. But this idea that domestic violence is equal both in frequency and severity for both men and women is utterly rediculous.

I literally am twice the size of my wife. I don't even think Id be intimidated if she had a nail-bat and I was unarmed. Meanwhile I could roll over in my sleep and kill her. Men are usually much larger, more powerful, and more resiliant to injury. Genetics.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Abuse is an act of a defective and petty person desperately trying to feel better about themselves and whether that abuser is male or female, whether the victim is female or male, it is wrong and should be despised and punished.

I don't think Rico or anyone else is disagreeing with you here.

I'm skeptical about this story, but then again, I'm skeptical about most things. I don't believe everything I read, even less of what I see on the Internet, and far less of what I see on the Internet on Facebook.

It seems to me that if someone really wanted privacy, the worst way in the world to get it would be to go on the most non-private forum in the history of the Earth and post a provocative video about a hot-button issue complete with gory pictures and very little detail.

I think that we can all agree that such a move would bring attention, which is really the opposite of privacy.

Last edited:
IF you're a man, you do not hit a woman...if you hit a woman---turn in your "man card' YOU ARE NOT A MAN!
I cannot imagine a circumstance in which I could hit a woman. That's how I was brought up...

-Mike

If my opinion and attitude make me a sexist Neanderthal, then so be it. I'm good with that. If inot hitting women makes me a leftist, then call me Commy. I have to look in the mirror (which is already not a pleasure). One day, I will meet my father again, and the old man would kick the piss out of me for hitting a woman.

I cannot imagine a circumstance in which I could hit a woman. That's how I was brought up...

What if some fat, drunk Rosie-Odonnell-looking hag was beating your teenage daughter with a piece of rebar? You gonna blow a rape whistle?

If some woman--fat, drunk, ugly or stupid--was beating my daughter with a piece of rebar, I'd shoot her. Deadly force versus deadly force; the protection of a family member from grave bodily injury or death.
That's a little different than punching a woman in the face because I had a bad day at the office.
I've had enough of this thread.

c'mon you'd hit it

Xena-Warrior-Princess-xena-warrior-princess-24707936-500-373.jpg

Talk about hijacking a thread with a non-productive argument...

What do you consider to be an appropriate, non-hijacking, productive 'argument'? Indignant histrionics like this?

If you mean what I think you mean, you're a jackass and a neg rep will be inbound shortly, my second in 3 years.

If some woman--fat, drunk, ugly or stupid--was beating my daughter with a piece of rebar, I'd shoot her. Deadly force versus deadly force; the protection of a family member from grave bodily injury or death.
That's a little different than punching a woman in the face because I had a bad day at the office.
I've had enough of this thread.

Oh, I bet you haven't.

Again, nobody is advocating unnecessary violence, so you can stop making up straw men. I was merely illustrating the foolishness of statements like "I would never hit a woman under any circumstances" by giving a circumstance under which any sane individual would respond with appropriate force (yourself included).

Last edited:
I think what we have here is a perfect example of a 'zero tolerance' policy. To make a blanket statement that no man would or should EVER hit a woman is just false. Women can be just as violent and wield knives, etc.

You see, real life requires one to think and judge a situation. How do we know that TacTissy didn't start taking the butt of her rifle and smashing someone in the face while they slept? What the hell do we even know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom