• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SWISS ARMY KNIFE THREAD

Yeah, It looks weird seeing all them mature Bucks hanging out together. Might me a game farm with all them red ear-tags...

Either that, or the Doe was taking the picture... [rofl2]

Some dude on the Bay. It was cheaper from some Russian seller, but I've learned my lesson on that kind of thing...
Yeah, I found one on Amazon, great price at $79.99 with free shipping ($84,99 with tax...)
Says I'll have it by Nov. 11th.
If I like it, I'll pull the trigger on the Silver ALOX... Which is $2 bucks cheaper.

Amazon product ASIN B07NY3YGP6View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NY3YGP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon product ASIN B07HHZQCCLView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HHZQCCL/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B07NY3YGP6&th=1

Yeah, I was going to go with Amazon, but I was stupid and let my wife have access to the Prime account.

So my penalty for that? $5. [rofl]

Yeah, I was going to go with Amazon, but I was stupid and let my wife have access to the Prime account.

So my penalty for that? $5. [rofl]
I usually go with eBay over Amazon, but Amazon really stands behind its sales, and with knives I can be pretty picky...
Never seen a Red ALOX Hunter Pro locally either. Or, I'd have snapped that up!

Well now! We've got our own little Hunter Pro Alox crew joining up here.

Good. Just in time for CWII. "Red Team! Silver Team! Bounding overwatch!"

I actually own the U.S. Combat Utility Knife with the blackout anodized blades. The color is astounding. Deep & rich...

One-hand thumb hole blade with liner-lock is excellent too!
I find that the serrations up front, and the plain edge near the axle, makes controled-carving fast and easy. This is far superior to the reverse set up...
View attachment 406248
View attachment 406249
Love the mini-saw too...
I really want get one of these but the serrations ruin it for me. How is that working for you? I like partial serrations on the the blade but not full.

I really want get one of these but the serrations ruin it for me. How is that working for you? I like partial serrations on the the blade but not full.
You know what... I like it. Having the long length of serrations up front looks like a nice steak knife on game animal meat,
and having the straight-edge nearest the handle should make carving of wood for things like precision cuts on animal-trap triggers should work well.

I feel I could make this knife work well if I could only have one knife on me.

The truth is, I just got it and have not had it in the Outdoors yet. It is going in my Camping Gear for next season...

You know what... I like it. Having the long length of serrations up front looks like a nice steak knife on game animal meat,
and having the straight-edge nearest the handle should make carving of wood for things like precision cuts on animal-trap triggers should work well.

I feel I could make this knife work well if I could only have one knife on me.

The truth is, I just got it and have not had it in the Outdoors yet. It is going in my Camping Gear for next season...
Nothing but respect for this response 👍👍

For me I’m a Multi Tool guy first, especially for hard use applications but I do love my SAK’s and they absolutely have their role. My favorite without question is the Huntsman, I have two, this one which rides in my truck backpack full time and a black one stationed at my desk in my armory. I take always take on when I go camping, someone is always asking to use it for something. 66D29097-659A-481F-BB36-989B06CFA411.jpeg F9F0B1FD-DD3A-4CF4-A2A0-DAB2BC798B93.jpeg

It feels very well made and strong. I like the finish too. Should be very rust-resistant.
These are what the U.S. Army replaced the Camillus 'Demo' knife with and is called a "Combat Utility Knife" by Victorinox...
Also love the "One-hand" opening feature. (much easier than opening a Camillus Demo-knife.
Because, sometimes the other hand is busy... [rofl2]

The Vic also has a blade lock...
1604676687627.png 1604676749680.png

Last edited:
Some dude on the Bay. It was cheaper from some Russian seller, but I've learned my lesson on that kind of thing...
I just saw the "Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia" listings. What's up with that? What was your experience...?

I just saw the "Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia" listings. What's up with that? What was your experience...?

It wasn't with knives, it was a watch. From the Ukraine, IIRC. But I did the deal, PayPal, the watch arrived, all was well. Then, within a week, the card linked to the PP account was being used for all sorts of nefarious purchases in Kazakhstan. Might have been a coincidence, somehow, or I might have screwed up somewhere; I'm not the most tech-savvy person in the world. And I'm sure there are all sorts of ethical sellers in East Europe, and plenty of bad ones here at home.

But I just think I'll stick with domestic sellers on the Bay. I don't buy much there, anyway.

Good to know, thanks!
I'm also looking for a young, fit housekeeper who can cook & clean and fit into the maid uniform I have...
The Russians look... Serviceable. [rofl2]

Yeah, I found one on Amazon, great price at $79.99 with free shipping ($84,99 with tax...)
Says I'll have it by Nov. 11th.
If I like it, I'll pull the trigger on the Silver ALOX... Which is $2 bucks cheaper.

Amazon product ASIN B07NY3YGP6View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NY3YGP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon product ASIN B07HHZQCCLView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HHZQCCL/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B07NY3YGP6&th=1

Red one is now down to $79.00 just pulled the trigger and bought one. They have one in Wood as well...thinking on that one but it does not have a lanyard or pocket clip, just a belt pouch.

Red one is now down to $79.00 just pulled the trigger and bought one. They have one in Wood as well...thinking on that one but it does not have a pocket clip just a belt pouch.

The wood one is beautiful, but the pocket clip is a must-have for me.

There are also black ones in some sort of polymer for short money. I just fell in love with the red alox.

Great knife. It may go down even more for the Holidays, but not a lot as this is already the best price on the internet...
And sometimes Victorinox just stops producing an item, even a great item.
No reason, now warning. Just <poof>...

It is a looker... you really don't see a whole lot of this style of folder in walnut. It really works well together.
And no two will be absolutely alike...
1604706223850.png

I'll bet that set of scales feels like...buttah.

Last edited:
Alox is absolutely gorgeous, my only gripe is you can’t ever get the toothpick and tweezers though.
Not sure why either. Seems like the groove could be cast in or milled. Would sell!

Once you get used to the two of those... you can't go without...

They look great but they’re too huge for me. I’m already too busy looking at vintage saks. Then there’s customs. I gave my daughter a Super Tinker to use and her old bf snagged it. I need to get another one just to replace it. I’m also looking at the LE Alox Pioneers. A good number of them are in Sweden. I saw the Russion Federation sales. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll stay away from them. I saw a German military sak at an antique store last week where I got the Boker from. I may go back there and snag that also.

Back
Top Bottom