• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SWISS ARMY KNIFE THREAD

That sucks that he shipped it in an envelope. I hope he replaces it. The boxes look as nice as the knives themselves.
My personality flaw forced me to order another one from a different vendor and insist on box-packaging... 🤪
If replaced with a good example from original vendor... I'll resell at a later date .

I've had this one forever. Wenger Backpacker. The larger Victorianox I found on a camping trip a few years ago..
1604416546307.png

Attachments

• 16043722463065936702715922642296.jpg
    16043722463065936702715922642296.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
My personality flaw forced me to order another one from a different vendor and insist on box-packaging... 🤪
If replaced with a good example from original vendor... I'll resell at a later date .
I totally feel your frustration. I tend to double up on these LEs so I can carry one and save one. Perhaps the busted box knife becomes a user vs a saver?

I was curious as to the steel used by Victorinox. Good enough for me. There’s a lot of high end knifemakers using CrMo of some variation. Although I do like a nice carbon steel on a traditional folder, stainless has its place.
5EF3A1DA-2199-4AFF-8528-7A8E18B2B518.jpeg

Patrick- sorry for your loss.

Couple questions on the knife ... what are those next to the screwdriver and next to the toothpick, is that an eyelet for a split ring or lanyard ?

I think the hook next to the Phillips is for stitching cause the awl has a hole for pushing string or thread through material. I’m sure some of the experts would know for sure.

I think the hook next to the Phillips is for stitching cause the awl has a hole for pushing string or thread through material. I’m sure some of the experts would know for sure.
The official use is as a package hook, to turn your knife into a handle that will help you to carry a parcel or box wrapped in string. You can also attach a string to the hook, and turn your Swiss Army knife into a plumb bob or a fishing lure, or use it to pull a thread or line through a tight spot.

It's basically a little, metal finger.

40+Uses for the Swiss Army Knife Parcel Hook...

I find it's best use is while cooking...

Last edited:
Someone should make a draw-style barrel snake that has a small loop to grab with the hook so you can use the "T" shape of the knife to pull with.
Cross-functionality is a plus in My world...

The Swissknifeshop.com is having a free Engraving Sale on selected Swiss Army Knives and would make great Christmas/Hanukah gifts. (4 Days Only)

Engraving Sale

1604612507096.png 1604612552803.png
Pioneer-X and Camper...
$49.99 And $26.99 respectively

Oh, and for yourself... Merry Christmas!
$99.99

1604612769256.png

The Silver ALOX Hunter Pro has free Engraving for the next 4 days, but this model is limited to 3 characters. (some of the Red ones can have up to 12 characters.)

"NES" would make a nice monogram... [rofl2]

1604614257160.png 1604614301286.png

Would look better on the red ALOX though, especially if it cuts into the silver under the paint. (Red is not included in the Engraving Sale though...)

Last edited:
Yeah. You know, you get one, I'll get one? The silver is sharp, but I'd probably go red.

What we SHOULD do is look into a group buy, but I have no idea how to do that.
Ah! I thought you meant... "Road Trip!!!"

AgonizingPopularCondor-small.gif

I also like the Red ALOX with a solid blade,
But, the Silver ALOX is nice too, and the Victorinox "One-hand" blades are sweet...

I will "Go", and most likely... both. [smile]

Well, Don't keep us waiting...

Red? Any Engraving?

Back
Top Bottom