Super venison dinner

Last nite son Lance from Fitzwilliam, NH brought down a whole back strap from the deer that he had arrowed. Cooked it up on the grille. RARE. We had it with beans. Megan had some. She only likes it RARE too. Jack.
My favorite way to prepare backstrap is smoked believe it or not. Dry brined with kosher salt ans brown sugar for 1-2 days then smoked with apple and pecan wood and sprayed with cider vinegar every few minutes for the last 2 hours. Has the texture of butter.

Screenshot_20191029-210732_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite way to prepare backstrap is smoked believe it or not. Dry brined with kosher salt ans brown sugar for 1-2 days then smoked with apple and pecan wood and sprayed with cider vinegar every few minutes for the last 2 hours. Has the texture of butter.
Sounds yummy. So far the count is three between Lance and Little Jack, so more will be coming, cooked different ways. Jack.

I like to cut the straps a little over an inch think then show them to a hot cast iron pan with garlic onions and mushrooms and butter leaving them rare.
I do like that smoker recipie that whacko has. Need to try that with the next one.

I like to cut the straps a little over an inch think then show them to a hot cast iron pan with garlic onions and mushrooms and butter leaving them rare.
I do like that smoker recipie that whacko has. Need to try that with the next one.
Here is the recipe from Hank Shaw. Substitute a backstrap for the leg roast......or use a leg roast whatever. But a backstrap done this way is a soft as butter.

It's almost giving me tears of joy. That looks REALLY good. Maybe this year I'll get one. And I dont mean roadkill this time. Doe permit good for Z4 north.

43933470-worning-sign-of-super-deer.jpg

Back
Top Bottom