• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some whitefish for dinner

American Shad ?
Whitefish.
Nice! What flies did they fall for?
Size 14 little brown beadhead nymph with a florescent orange collar. My own concoction. I guess you would call it a walt's worm. It is deadly. Whitefish can't resist them. I tightline/euro fish mostly this time of year. I wish I knew about this method when so back in Mass. Very, very effective.

Whitefish.

Size 14 little brown beadhead nymph with a florescent orange collar. My own concoction. I guess you would call it a walt's worm. It is deadly. Whitefish can't resist them. I tightline/euro fish mostly this time of year. I wish I knew about this method when so back in Mass. Very, very effective.
A little bit like this?

jiggy_sexy_walts-worm-tan_450x363.jpg

A little bit like this?

jiggy_sexy_walts-worm-tan_450x363.jpg
Yup. Just no green stuff. I will also tie some up with no dubbing. Just make the body by wrapping thread, then hit it with that epoxy stuff that hardens using the uv light. Those sink like a rock. Always give it a fluorescent orange collar. I think that triggers them.

I bet you would crush the stocked trout in mass using these and the tightlining method. Just slowly work your way upstream. You would pull every fish out of there. Way more effective than traditional indicator fishing.

Back
Top Bottom