• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scopes for muzzleloaders??

BW23

NES Member
What are some good Scopes for Muzzleloaders specifically that you actually use/own? I’m looking for actual hands-on recommendations.
- tough/dependable
- great for low light
- 0-200yd range
- able to withstand weather ie snow, rain
- under $400 (I’m cheap!)
- nothing fancy ie set turrets for 150yds and forget it

I’m having a difficult time finding one online. Most have little to no reviews or a gazzlion dollars.

What’s the limiting factor for a “muzzleloader” specific scope? ie Is it the .50cal violent recoil that limits “compatible” scopes?

My muzzleloader was $300 so I find it difficult to drop so much on a scope. My rifle came with one but it sucks with low light.

I have a Vortex on my CVA ML.
Works fine for my needs and seemed to hold zero from last year.

BTW.. if you are a vet and quality for expert voice... they have a generous 40% Vortex discount.

I have the Nikon Omega scope that was made for the T/C Omega . Has BDC markings in reticle and as tough as you can find but Nikon doesn't make scopes anymore.

I bought a Athlon Talos 1-4 X 24, low light scope for my CVA Optima 2, based on reviews from some muzzleloader forums.

Admittedly I have not mounted it yet, so can't offer my own review, but the price was certainly right and other reviews seemed to verify that it could get beat up a bit and still hold zero, for little money.

Back
Top Bottom