• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Super-rich buying underground bunkers with SHOOTING RANGES over fears coronavirus will spark social meltdown

I imagine this is the gun safe they’d have.
View attachment 357486

“The Continental” is of course a reference to John Wick and the $100,000 custom made gun safe comes equipped with a pull out “sofa” bar (booze included) and drop down secret compartment containing two (2) 24k gold coins and Microtech knives. Also included, seventeen (17) firearms iconic with the John wick series, all of which are decked out in high-end aftermarket parts, just as in the movies.

edit- full rundown here. The knives and guns make up more than half the cost... $51k?

Yikes, one well placed 2.00 dollar two by four and you just made a 100.000 dollar casket. After a couple of weeks outside of the smell you got your self a nice set of guns.

Really this is a thing now? We are going to bash members for not going green. How welcoming.

It's not a new thing and it happens quite often. More so on NES then most gun sites I visit and belong to. I agree it's a little off base to mention it in a forum which does not require pay for play, actually to the extent of being a bit tacky. As for the knocking on being noobs, well, I guess damn near 100% are noobs to me. I don't post much here as I just pop in a few times a week to get updated on what is going on locally and the efforts of GOAL and Comm 2A and the opinions thereof. I know most GD forums are zoo's but again, the ridiculing of members for for not being a full member and the comments they make are best left up to admin to determine if their presence is warranted or detrimental to the whole, including wanna be seniors.

It's not a new thing and it happens quite often. More so on NES then most gun sites I visit and belong to. I agree it's a little off base to mention it in a forum which does not require pay for play, actually to the extent of being a bit tacky. As for the knocking on being noobs, well, I guess damn near 100% are noobs to me. I don't post much here as I just pop in a few times a week to get updated on what is going on locally and the efforts of GOAL and Comm 2A and the opinions thereof. I know most GD forums are zoo's but again, the ridiculing of members for for not being a full member and the comments they make are best left up to admin to determine if their presence is warranted or detrimental to the whole, including wanna be seniors.

We should also mention that there are some other gun forums (Smith-Wesson forum comes to mind) that have VERY stringent behavior codes and do not hesitate to discipline members for posts which would be considered commonplace here. NO politics, getting warning points for posts which violate the site TOS, things of that nature.

NES seems to be quite a bit more free-wheeling that some other sites. Do you want it to be more highly regimented and restricted as to post content?

We should also mention that there are some other gun forums (Smith-Wesson forum comes to mind) that have VERY stringent behavior codes and do not hesitate to discipline members for posts which would be considered commonplace here. NO politics, getting warning points for posts which violate the site TOS, things of that nature.

NES seems to be quite a bit more free-wheeling that some other sites. Do you want it to be more highly regimented and restricted as to post content?

I know S&W as I'm on there too along with most major websites, look me up, same handle across the board. I also belong to others that make the rules and restriction placed on members here make NES look draconian. It's some members here that think post count, longitivtiy and full membership warrant the the stifling of expression such as " HEY! He's OUR Reptile! If anyone is going to make fun of him it's his friends, NOT a non-paying newbie with little history." Ring a bell?

Hot meals? that's very nice of you to cook for them while they are out gathering supplies. You're not a nasty bastard, you seem very considerate to others in a time of need You will make a great post apocalyptic wife
I'm proud of the woman I've become. Now, stop assuming my gender, ya sexist prick. [rofl]

Ring a bell?

Yeah. So what? You got a complaint? Take it to the management.

As far as your apparent problems with post count, longevity, and full membership meaning something, each one demonstrates in it's own way a commitment to the success of this board. You may not think so but, in the immortal words of Dalton...

A little of both I guess, stupid in the fact that I didn’t realize I have to bow down to paying members, have you looked through the last 5 pages of threads at what he posts? It’s the same shit over and over click bait titles to grab attention. I didn’t realize the paying OG members on this site were off limits, I’ll go back to the numerous other forums for poor people that don’t require a payment for me to have a participation trophy so that I can feel superior over new members.
Don't worry about it, there's a contingent of banner having folks here who treat it as "the thin green line" and will back others in the group no matter what.

It wasn't all that long ago the same happened to me basically saying I should shut up and know my place in the pecking order. It's unfortunate because what that particular group ends up doing is pushing folks out instead of growing the community. Then again a lot of these same folks will happily rape new shooters and others on prices in the classifieds all the while screeching Free Market.

What I really enjoy are the folks with dealer tags among the NES hall monitors because it lets me know what they're really like as people, which means I'll happily spend more money for the same product at their nearest competitor.

No, but (at least personally) this place would be far more enjoyable to visit and use if people posted to the correct forums. It seems "General Discussion" is just "Off Topic" with a few actual firearms related threads thrown in. Be great if there was a way to filter out threads like this one, in which literally the ONLY connection to firearms is the fact that there was a single sentence saying that one of these supposed underground bunker places may have a firing range. Maybe make a "Gun in the news" section for trash like this to be posted in? Not my site, not my call however.

No, but (at least personally) this place would be far more enjoyable to visit and use if people posted to the correct forums. It seems "General Discussion" is just "Off Topic" with a few actual firearms related threads thrown in. Be great if there was a way to filter out threads like this one, in which literally the ONLY connection to firearms is the fact that there was a single sentence saying that one of these supposed underground bunker places may have a firing range. Maybe make a "Gun in the news" section for trash like this to be posted in? Not my site, not my call however.

The advantages of being a paying member are:

(1) Be able to post WTBs and WTSs;
(2) Having access to the members-only subforums, transactions, Karmas, etc.; and
(3) Donating to keep the website up and running.

If you think that you "pay for quality" in regards to the general and off-topic subforums, you're oblivious to the way any gun forum, or indeed any BBM forum, works. The general/off-topic subforums are usually the doldrums, the anuses of the forums, the pits. All manner of drivel comes out in those areas.

Seriously, look into other forums besides this one and check out the GD/off-topic subforums. Here, this is a law school and law practice forum for your enjoyment:

LawSchool.Life - The Lounge

General Legal Employment/Post Grad Discussion - LawSchool.Life

The advantages of being a paying member are:

(1) Be able to post WTBs and WTSs;
(2) Having access to the members-only subforums, transactions, Karmas, etc.; and
(3) Donating to keep the website up and running.

If you think that you "pay for quality" in regards to the general and off-topic subforums, you're oblivious to the way any gun forum, or indeed any BBM forum, works. The general/off-topic subforums are usually the doldrums, the anuses of the forums, the pits. All manner of drivel comes out in those areas.

Seriously, look into other forums besides this one and check out the GD/off-topic subforums. Here, this is a law school and law practice forum for your enjoyment:

LawSchool.Life - The Lounge

General Legal Employment/Post Grad Discussion - LawSchool.Life
I made no mention at all about paying vs non-paying memberships, I was strictly speaking to what would make this a more useable forum for me in general (and this possibly prompt me to return to green). I understand that this problem isn’t unique to NES, which is exactly why I spend most of my time on places like Reddit, where if you click on the conceal carry sub or long range shooting sub, or any of the other thousands of dedicated subreddits, you’ll typically find posts strictly on that topic, with none of this 6 degrees of separation bull.

That said, people here have been extremely helpful to me in the past (in many ways), and I continue to visit because I hope to one day be able to pay that kindness forward to others on here while supporting an interest in an area of the country with relatively few other people who share that interest.

Reptile with more headline garbage
hey, a non green, recent member calling out a long time green member pisses me off. want to start a shit slinging war go somewhere else. back off, go green and put your time in! end of story.

MudPuppet isn't wrong. 90% of the time I skip threads started by Reptile. And 90% of the time when I don't, I realize I should have.

greencobra - new poster or old, who the hell cares unless they are asking the same questions that get posted every week? Get off your high horse with "go green" and "put your time in" crap.

Yeah. So what? You got a complaint? Take it to the management.

As far as your apparent problems with post count, longevity, and full membership meaning something, each one demonstrates in it's own way a commitment to the success of this board. You may not think so but, in the immortal words of Dalton...

I got rid of the rest as it's meaningless as far as I'm concerned to rely on hollywierd as opposed to the written word.

Not my style to go running to mommy or ratting somebody out nor playing internet warrior, strange you should mention such a thing. I agree with you that most websites have their core people that have contributed a lot of time and effort into making that site worth visiting and this one, as I stated, is the one that I frequent for local news and updates. I come here because most of the country considers NE as a lost cause. With that said, for you or others to use those attributes to brow beat a newer member and in the mafioso world, stongarm somebody is rather an embarrassment to the site. I'm only replying now because I want to point out that you are the one with an issue about longitivtiy and such as to use it as a sheleighly to silence other members. Your wrong in your actions but if you feel that somehow I'm in error so be it. I won't be replying again so have at it but relize, as paradoxical as it is, you are also speaking to a member who has time over you, have a nice day.

Not my style to go running to mommy or ratting somebody out nor playing internet warrior, strange you should mention such a thing. I agree with you that most websites have their core people that have contributed a lot of time and effort into making that site worth visiting and this one, as I stated, is the one that I frequent for local news and updates. I come here because most of the country considers NE as a lost cause. With that said, for you or others to use those attributes to brow beat a newer member and in the mafioso world, stongarm somebody is rather an embarrassment to the site. I'm only replying now because I want to point out that you are the one with an issue about longitivtiy and such as to use it as a sheleighly to silence other members. Your wrong in your actions but if you feel that somehow I'm in error so be it. I won't be replying again so have at it but relize, as paradoxical as it is, you are also speaking to a member who has time over you, have a nice day.

Wow!

I've heard some psycho-babble in my time but after a somewhat reasonable start you have taken it to a new level. Trying to foist your "issues" off on me is a nice try, but it falls flat on (in?) your face. Never said that those items were to be used to strong arm or silence anyone, only that they showed some commitment from a member. That was your statement.

I am glad to hear that you feel that your join date being before mine means something. But in reality, it's kinda like a 2nd Lt comparing date of rank with other 2nd Lts.

Back
Top Bottom