Suggestions for a 45 handgun

Beauty. Never heard of this manufacturer.

Damn, that Glock has a big barrel.

20170901_160618__13366.1511216049.jpg

Yes, yes.....long barrels
P1000885.JPG P1000886.JPG FA3a.png

I still like the 1911C with the 4-1/3" bull barrel.
IMG_20170731_174031.jpg

Need to look at getting another of their 1911's soon. Just trying to decide if I get the 1911G (in 45ACP) in stainless or one of the models in 9mm...

BTW, the 1911C uses the same magazines as the 1911G. Not reduced capacity since the frame is the same.

I like revolvers and have several in .45 but I can't think of any that are small. The SAA is probably the smallest and it's not that small.

The Governor is a 45 handgun, right?

True, but about the best you can do in Mass for a Governor is a Rino.

I’m with @gerrycaruso. Don’t overlook the S&W Shield in 45. I was surprised how soft shooting mine is For a small 45. If nothing else give it a try before you dismiss it.

Bob

so odd i am the first one to say that.
glock 29SF.
.45 is dead, 10mm is the way.

I know you said no S&W Shield,,,,
But, I will say that I really like my Shield 45 with a trigger upgrade
shoots well for me and easy carry

I know I get more boolits with a 30 than 36, but does the advantage of slimmer carry make up for it...?
I have no problem with concealed carry up to and including a .45 Government. Slimmer is fine if you never need it...

I'm busy as hell with work and don't have much time to shop the stores, I'm looking for a smallish 45, for everyday carry. What do you all recommend. I Don't want a Shield. And I am in Mass.
Does the Mill have regular hours when mostly all are open?
I was issued a Sig P220 for a few years. Not exactly smallish, but otherwise an excellent handgun.

Doesn't matter which one you pick.....any of them will land you in jail if you have to use it in MA sshole [popcorn]

I haven't read the whole thread. Did the OP make a choice?

Put me in the "If you're going to have a .45, make it a 1911" camp. Sig TTT for me. I have a kydex IWB holster and a Miami shoulder rig for it because, well, that's what you do when you want to be a badass. Mostly it sits in my desk drawer if it's needed.

For something a *little* smaller, check out the 1911 FASTBACK NIGHTMARE CARRY

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom