• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stupid "fudds".

It's Fudd; not "fudd."

As in Elmer Fudd - a proper name and, thus, capitalized.

I am totally familiar with Elmer, however, I looked it up on the "I", and it said "Beer of choice in Shelbyville". Is there some beer I am missing - that can't be!![shocked] Where's Shelbyville - I am packing as I speak....

The "Fudds" are a hugely important component of the RKBA crowd. Not all of them are quite as supportive as we might want, but we need them.

Largest? Probably.

Least active? Definitely.

Most likely to be deluded about firearms rights and the threats thereto? Unquestionably.

Which makes them the greatest potential problem, as well as the greatest possible resource.

You can bring most Fudds around though. The guys at my Club tend to lean toward the Fudd end of the gun owning spectrum.

With a little education, they realize that in the eyes of the gun grabbers, their Remington 7400 is the same as my AK.

Dwarven, I will admit that coyotes (I'm talking about the animal, not the smugglers) DO attack people, and the attacks are becoming more frequent. But they are still infrequent compared to people's perception of the danger of them.

What I was trying to say was that you're seen as prudent to protect yourself against a coyote attack but paranoid to protect yourself from 2 legged predators whether in the woods or in the city.
I have encountered several coyotes while out hunting and fishing, and they always seem to be curious, but not aggressive. I personally don't have a problem with them, and will only shoot one if it seems likely to attack. I know this is a minority position on coyotes, as most people would prefer them shot on sight. Even though I'm a deer hunter, I still find coyotes fascinating to watch, even if it means less deer for me to shoot.

Tuna, the big problem that we're having is that they're losing their fear of humans... and therefore, they're starting to look on us as FOOD. Not a good thing.

Largest? Probably.

Least active? Definitely.

Most likely to be deluded about firearms rights and the threats thereto? Unquestionably.

Which makes them the greatest potential problem, as well as the greatest possible resource.

All true. But we can't let the "Fudd" contingent get entirely seperated from the rest of the gun owners across the country, which is the tactic that Dems are using now. If that ever happens, we're screwed. Having a few dozen million hunting-only types give you a wider base of support.

All true. But we can't let the "Fudd" contingent get entirely seperated from the rest of the gun owners across the country, which is the tactic that Dems are using now. QUOTE]

+1

This is whats happening every time Obama or Clinton tried to reassure the Fudds that their hunting rifle or shotgun won't be endanger and that they support the seccond amendment for hunting and sporting purposes.

They're missing the reason for the 2A completely. But, we need the Fudds to come around to our side, the Dems know that they can win over gunowners if the majority of gunowners are the Fudds who arent in danger of losing their hobby. They need the gun vote, and theyre going to get it if they get the Fudds and we don't.

The common Fudd is the guy sitting in a chair at the local gun shop that is ignorant enough to say... "They can ban all them AR type rifles for all I care. So long as they don't touch my shotgun"

Most of us have met that guy before.

I was in AAA Guns once and one of these Fudd types was in there and he made a comment along the lines of how "those assault rifles are unnecessary" and that "their only function was to kill people". I'm happy to report that Mr. Fudd was set straight and sent packin' with a few choice words from one of the employees. It was quite amusing. [smile] [rofl]

Last edited:
The common Fudd is the guy sitting in a chair at the local gun shop that is ignorant enough to say... "They can ban all them AR type rifles for all I care. So long as they don't touch my shotgun"

Most of us have met that guy before.

and they say you should need a permit to own a gun. ex: the douch bag owner at middleboro gun shop!

Oops... sorry about that, Chief. I googled for "coyote attack" and that was one of the things that came up. Since I was at work, though, the video was blocked by the firewall from hell. Had I been able to view it, I would not have included it. I was only looking for serious articles.

Again, my apologies. I wasn't trying to be an asshat.

No need for apologies. I actually liked it. [smile] It caught me off guard. As I was watching the sides of the trail my imagination began to run and then Wham!

I get a kick out of every Anti who when reffering to either a handgun or "assault rifle" says: "Those should be banned, their only purpose is for killing humans". At first I usually disagree and explain how handguns are used in anything from bullseye pistol to IDPA.

Then I remember why the 2A was created in the first place. For protection. For protection against ones own government and for personal protection for any purpose.

There is nothing wrong with a weapon that was designed for the sole purpose of killing humans. I wouldn't want to try to defend myself from an armed attacker with a bullseye pellet gun. We will never be able to defend our freedom after the government takes away all of our weapons that are designed to kill people. Don't believe me? Take a look at what they've got.

PROTECTION

DOWN HERE YOU COULD VERY WELL WALK IN TO A HIGH STRUNG RATTLER WHO GOT DISTERBED FROM SUN BATHING AND WOULD BE ONLY TO GLAD TO BITE.WE HAVE KILLED A BUNCH.[rolleyes][laugh2][rofl]

...I know, coyotes don't normally attack people (yet), but they scare sheep more than a legal gun does (pardon the pun) and is seen as a good reason for carrying.

I usually see them solo around here (Central MA). Clap your hands and they run away usually.

Is it really this bad with these people? I don't think I know anyone that can be called a Fudd. I know a lot of hunters, but I guess I know them all because they happen to shoot with me on saturdays and sundays and like to hunt as well.

The club I belong to is mostly Fudds, as it turns out.

Fudd=A Volvo with an NRA sticker next to Duval Patrick and Obama '08 stickers!

Yes, I saw this at my club a while back! May not have been a Volvo, but it made me want to puke!

Hey, I have a Volvo with an NRA sticker. No Duval stickers, though. I thought Volvos are THE most conservative car you can get aside from an F150.

Last edited:
Hey, I have a Volvo with an NRA sticker. No Duval stickers, though. I thought Volvos are THE most conservative car you can get aside from an F150.

Wake up and join the living...
Volvos are the Official Car of Cambridge; i.e., a vehicle for people who hate cars, can't drive and are convinced they're gonna die in a flaming wreck if they enter a roadway in anything else. [wink]

Don't believe me? Cruise Brookline, Cambridge, Amherst, Dover, etc.

Wake up and join the living...
Volvos are the Official Car of Cambridge; i.e., a vehicle for people who hate cars, can't drive and are convinced they're gonna die in a flaming wreck if they enter a roadway in anything else. [wink]

[rofl][laugh2]

So True

No need for apologies. I actually liked it. [smile] It caught me off guard. As I was watching the sides of the trail my imagination began to run and then Wham!

Yeah, it sure caught me by surprise, too!! [rolleyes] I HATE those type of videos, which is why it chagrins me to have been fooled. [thinking]

Living right down the road from Amherst I can attest to this. You should have seen the mo-hawked, liberal, tattooed lesbian butch with the adopted little girl and "wife" I saw going into Trader Joe's the other day. Not to mention the stickers on the bumper; peace symbol, rainbow, 01.20.09 and so on...

They are up to it again. This stuff really irritates me...

Original post: 06/14/08

Aparently one of the teams fishing the Freedom T today at Long Pond(Lakeville) was shot at several times by a property owner in the Fuller Shores area ohmy.gif angry.gif . The police were called and the fishermen didn't want to press charges blink.gif If it was me being shot at, I sure as hell would have pressed charges on the M'Fer angry.gif We just put a kid away for 30 yrs for the same thing firering at a cop for armed assault to murder. That A-hole is lucky

Some of the replies, bare in mind it is obvious from reading the rest of the responses that none of these guys even know what a gun is.

It would have REALLY been funny if the fishermen pulled out their guns and returned the favor!

looks like some ones going to have to start carrying a few kalichnakovs in case of repeated assault

I fished watsons pond last week and people shot at us, it sounded like a .22 but not sure. The bullets were zinging by us and skipping across the water. I could see them on top of the hill but I wasn't going to take the chance and get shot. I yelled up to that if I get hit I was going to kill someone, it seem to work. I called the cops and they basicaly blew me off.

If it was me I would have fired back, I always carry a 50 cal sniper rifle...

I know the Lakeville police were at the ramp when we pulled out a few min early, then the sped off. Someone said the cops knew the guy who shot at the boat and that was why they didn't arrest him. I would think that they would be charged with a few different crimes even if the fishermaen didn't want to flie charges.

As a member of one of the local bass fishing boards, I don't want to piss anyone off. How can I put this kindly?

Most fishing "afficianados" are not the people to consult for well thought out statements & opinions about guns & gun laws.

Last edited:
As a member of one of the local bass fishing boards, I don't want to piss anyone off. How can I put this kindly?

Most fishing "afficianados" are not the people to consult for well thought out statements & opinions about guns & gun laws.

I'm hoping that statement was kinda like a "Don't ask your dentist about your timing belt" statement.

Nice... i work and fish in Lakeville.

Guess i need to carry when fishing... oh wait... that effing POS brockton police chief gave me a restricted license!!! does fishing count as hunting? [hmmm]

I'm hoping that statement was kinda like a "Don't ask your dentist about your timing belt" statement.

Yeah.....I don't mean to insult any of my fishing buddies. All I meant was that a lot of them are totally devoted to fishing, not other sporting/hunting/gun issues. It works both ways, as I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about fishing and thus I probably seem ignorant when talking about it to someone who has been fishing tournaments for years.

Last edited:
For reference, here are two of the highest profile lifetime members of the Fudd Elite..
kerryhunt.jpg

Mr. I was for guns and hunting before i was against it Kerry..
clintonhunt.jpg

and of course "Comarade bubba" of the Supreme hunter politburo

It is not about shooter vs. fishermen vs. hunter.... It is purely a matter of self responsibility and protection. Guess I expected to see less "sheepness" in the sporting world.

Guess i need to carry when fishing... oh wait... that effing POS brockton police chief gave me a restricted license!!! does fishing count as hunting? [hmmm]
Does it say "Sport & Target"? [devil]

Do please be aware that IANAL and following any advice I may give you may be deleterious to your wallet and beneficial to Cross-X or Scrivener's.

Back
Top Bottom