• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Probably drunk definitely stupid

As a 1% of the 1 % i feel its time for me to get a gun that will match my capabilities

I'm looking at factory higher end 1911's

Want it in gods caliber and all that

Now i want a nighthawk but also wilson and eb are on the list

But my question is why do places like grab a gun have several of the same models with what looks to be the same specs with wildly varying price ranges

There are a few wilson cqbs in black you can go as low as like 2800 to 3700

But it doesnt look like the specs change

Ya ya I'll probably call nighthawk monday and order direct..or not because I'll be sober and realize the price

But either way what gives

Nighthawk has beautiful guns. You got any preference on slide and barrel length? You know I love me some long slides. You want an accessory rail, or are you taking the Ken Hackathorn approach?

If you're looking for a gun to match your capabilities I'm going to suggest Kimber 😉
I had an old one made in yonkers was nice

But i read a book that the main character carried a cqb... and I'm impressionable

Then someone down in ga had a silent hawk for sale and i now need one

My entry level into 1911 land was a Springfield Armory Garrison. Wasn't really looking for a 1911 the day I waltzed into the dealer, but I figured why the f not. I don't know jack shit about 1911s, but I've been perfectly happy with this entry level decision. Probably on the cheaper end of the spectrum based on my basic level of knowledge on this platform, so on the scale of bisexual to alpha chad male, the Garrison probably falls closer to the bisexual side of the seesaw. Alas, it was my first 1911, and I've been very happy with it.... which now means I get to blow more money on more 1911s closer to full Chad status.

My entry level into 1911 land was a Springfield Armory Garrison. Wasn't really looking for a 1911 the day I waltzed into the dealer, but I figured why the f not. I don't know jack shit about 1911s, but I've been perfectly happy with this entry level decision. Probably on the cheaper end of the spectrum based on my basic level of knowledge on this platform, so on the scale of bisexual to alpha chad male, the Garrison probably falls closer to the bisexual side of the seesaw. Alas, it was my first 1911, and I've been very happy with it.... which now means I get to blow more money on more 1911s closer to full Chad status.
If i cheap out it'll be with a trp by them

I had an old one made in yonkers was nice

But i read a book that the main character carried a cqb... and I'm impressionable

Then someone down in ga had a silent hawk for sale and i now need one
FWIW - I had a hankerin for a nice 1911 as well not long ago after shooting my BIL Wilson Combat.
As fate would have it, he decided to sell it, as arthritis was making 45acp tougher to shoot and wanted to get one in 9mm.

As it turns out, I am not refined enough to really appreciate the difference between my WC and my Colt Gold Cup - National Match, and I don't shoot any better with it. Truth be told, I really don't shoot either of them any better than my Colt Competition that has had a few tweaks. Yeah, the Gold Cup has a few features that the Competition does not, like the 25lpi checkered front strap, but both have a sweet trigger and a match grade barrel. YMMV.

My recommendation is if you are going to spend $5k on a toy you can enjoy, buy the wife a set of new boobs. You will play with them more and your friends will appreciate them too.

FWIW - I had a hankerin for a nice 1911 as well not long ago after shooting my BIL Wilson Combat.
As fate would have it, he decided to sell it, as arthritis was making 45acp tougher to shoot and wanted to get one in 9mm.

As it turns out, I am not refined enough to really appreciate the difference between my WC and my Colt Gold Cup - National Match, and I don't shoot any better with it. Truth be told, I really don't shoot either of them any better than my Colt Competition that has had a few tweaks. Yeah, the Gold Cup has a few features that the Competition does not, like the 25lpi checkered front strap, but both have a sweet trigger and a match grade barrel. YMMV.

My recommendation is if you are going to spend $5k on a toy you can enjoy, buy the wife a set of new boobs. You will play with them more and your friends will appreciate them too.
True wisdom.

A custom 1911 is great if you know exactly what parts you want and why. If you want the thumb safety, GS blended a certain way. Slide cuts or weight requirements..etc. If you want a well fitted "stock" gun, then no need to pay custom money

GA doesn’t have magazine capacity limits, so why are you looking at 1911’s instead of 2011’s? Look into Infinity, McLearn, Venom, Chambers, Rafferty. They’re gonna be a step up from Nighthawk for close to the same price or a little more.

If you wanna ball out and don’t want to wait, here’s a used Infinity in .45: For Sale - Infinity Double Stack .45

Last edited:
GA doesn’t have magazine capacity limits, so why are you looking at 1911’s instead of 2011’s? Look into Infinity, McLearn, Venom, Chambers, Rafferty. They’re gonna be a step up from Nighthawk for close to the same price or a little more.

If you wanna ball out and don’t want to wait, here’s a used Infinity in .45: For Sale - Infinity Double Stack .45
Ummm Duh! Cuz ..." Two World Warz!!"
LOL

Chris at precision point firearms (Woburn, MA) stocks Nighthawks and is authorized dealer if you're interested in checking some out or getting info.

A custom 1911 is great if you know exactly what parts you want and why. If you want the thumb safety, GS blended a certain way. Slide cuts or weight requirements..etc. If you want a well fitted "stock" gun, then no need to pay custom money
Yeah i didn't

I don't know the difference between a trp and a nighthawk

And i was drunk and confused why 4 cqbs have wildly different prices

I think about this myself more on the Berretta or Sig end. I handled my Uncles S&W 1911. My god is it smooth all the parts etc. The only thing that I have that comes close is my Beretta 92
Absolutely love my performance center SC E series. It shoots way better than I do.
Have @Greg Derr build you one.

One of these days for sure.

Back
Top Bottom