• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stupid "fudds".

I was just reading a thread on another site about this guy who found a little pond and as he was fishing he was approached by a local who threatened to shoot him if he did not leave. He was on public land.

Of course that being a fishing forum concealed carry is not a highly practiced thing. I even made a comment on one thread about protecting yourself and it became a joke.[thinking]

I know so many people who just don't get it. You are out in the woods (hunting or fishing), often times by yourself and protection does not even cross your mind!?[angry] AND of course what is the first thing that comes to these people's minds...call the police to save you...good luck when some crazy redneck pulls out a 12ga and your there holding your Ugly Stik...

The worst part is these guys look at a threat of being shot as a joke...If some a**h*** threatens to shoot me he damn well better mean it.

If we are going to rely on these fudds to help protect our guns rights we are going to be sorry.

I hate the term "fudds". Other than that I agree with you, and I support the idea of carrying in the woods. Actualy I support carrying all the time. But I think that calling people fudds is sort of like dividing ourselves when we should be doing the opposite. Besides that, it generalizes. I am a hunter, a fisherman, a hiker, and one who just enjoys wildlife. I also shoot bullseye pistol religiously and am a strong believer in carrying all the time for all lawful purposes.

BOBKATT, then you are not a fudd. A fudd is a sportsmen who will fight for their hunting "rights" but throw the rest of our gun rights under the bus.

I don't understand why people take offense to the term "fudd".

For those that don't have it figured out, it's a term to describe a state of mind. I
suppose we can, instead, use the term "sheeple who hunt" instead. Will this make us
plitically correct.

Nobody uses the term "fudd" to put down someone who hunts.

Mikey, I agree with you.

I didn't realize that they only fought for their hunting rights and not for the reason that 2A was created. Kinda like them scumbags that endorsed Obama.

Up until recently, I had a neutered "sporting and target" LTC-A. It was my understanding that fishing was part of "sporting" - especially since like the OP mentioned, you're in the middle of nowhere with no help around when a nutcase or pack of coyotes decide to attack you.

I know, coyotes don't normally attack people (yet), but they scare sheep more than a legal gun does (pardon the pun) and is seen as a good reason for carrying.

I'm not a big fan of 'fudd', not because I find the word offensive, but, it's usually used to characterize some outdoors enthusiast who is a moron in one way or another. And, much of the time I enjoy fudd-like activity and am lumped in with a bunch of people who, unfortunately, seem to go out of their way to reinforce the stereotypical fudd mentality.

If you CCW in civilization then why wouldn't you in the woods? Whatever.
Just be careful what you carry, where, and when. There's laws in them there hills that prevent you from carrying certain caliber handguns at certain times of the year and in certain localities.

ps
I love fuddrucker's, so, please, nobody tell me their anti 2a in some way. I keep finding out that one place or thing or another that I patronize loves me as a customer but thinks I'm a loon as a person.

Last edited:
I think he was referring to coyote's mimicking, say, MS13 in behavior. Yes, no?
You mean, they don't?

coy·o·te (k-t, kt)
n.
1. A small wolflike carnivorous animal (Canis latrans) native to western North America and found in many other regions of the continent. Also called prairie wolf.
2. A firefighter who is sent to battle remote, usually very severe forest fires, often for days at a time.
3. Slang A person who smuggles illegal immigrants into the United States, especially across the Mexican border.

Up until recently, I had a neutered "sporting and target" LTC-A. It was my understanding that fishing was part of "sporting" - especially since like the OP mentioned, you're in the middle of nowhere with no help around when a nutcase or pack of coyotes decide to attack you.

I know, coyotes don't normally attack people (yet), but they scare sheep more than a legal gun does (pardon the pun) and is seen as a good reason for carrying.

maybe fishing is a part of hunting.

Hunt:
To pursue game for food or sport.

Game:
Wild animals, birds, or fish hunted for food or sport.

Thats from dictionary.com, who knows what any of this crap really means. All I know is that a judge is the only guy who has a say to what you're rights are in the end if you live in MA

Hey ! I live in Fuddland !

Ever try talking to a bunch'a Fudds about starting a neighborhood watch ?

Now there's an exercise in frustration.

Hey ! I live in Fuddland !

Ever try talking to a bunch'a Fudds about starting a neighborhood watch ?

Now there's an exercise in frustration.

Is it really this bad with these people? I don't think I know anyone that can be called a Fudd. I know a lot of hunters, but I guess I know them all because they happen to shoot with me on saturdays and sundays and like to hunt as well.

Is it really this bad with these people? I don't think I know anyone that can be called a Fudd. I know a lot of hunters, but I guess I know them all because they happen to shoot with me on saturdays and sundays and like to hunt as well.

A couple of months ago there was a string of break-in's in the area, so I went around trying to talk to the neighbors about forming a neighborhood watch group. Let's just say it wasn't successful.

Sheeple. [rolleyes]

A couple of months ago there was a string of break-in's in the area, so I went around trying to talk to the neighbors about forming a neighborhood watch group. Let's just say it wasn't successful.

Sheeple. [rolleyes]

Wow, I thought all gun owners would have atleast a drop of red blood in them, guess not. Well, I just recently (a few hours ago) found out what a "Fudd" meant. And by that definition, Hilary Clinton and her shotgun weilding duck shooting ways ought to put her up for a Fudd-Queen nomination.

I can't see Hilary Clinton interested in a crime watch, not even after a phone call at 3 a.m..

Fudd=A Volvo with an NRA sticker next to Duval Patrick and Obama '08 stickers!

Yes, I saw this at my club a while back! May not have been a Volvo, but it made me want to puke!

The common Fudd is the guy sitting in a chair at the local gun shop that is ignorant enough to say... "They can ban all them AR type rifles for all I care. So long as they don't touch my shotgun"

Most of us have met that guy before.

The common Fudd is the guy sitting in a chair at the local gun shop that is ignorant enough to say... "They can ban all them AR type rifles for all I care. So long as they don't touch my shotgun"

Most of us have met that guy before.

Yup. Unfortunately for those guys, they'll support a ban on "large caliber weapons" -- only to find out later that their $4000 O/U qualifies.

That trail walking video just scared the crap out of me! [crying]

Oops... sorry about that, Chief. I googled for "coyote attack" and that was one of the things that came up. Since I was at work, though, the video was blocked by the firewall from hell. Had I been able to view it, I would not have included it. I was only looking for serious articles.

Again, my apologies. I wasn't trying to be an asshat.

Tell a Fudd he can hunt with his gun but that it has to be disassembled, trigger locked, stored in a safe separate from ammo and most will object that they can't then use it to stop burglers.

Armed self-defense for a Fudd stops at a shotgun behind the door. That's a vast majority of gunowners - only a few percent at best have CCW licenses in most states, while 10- to 20-fold more are gunowners.

Heck, I took a Defensive Pistol class in Rednecksville Florida, along with a dozen others who were all accomplished shooters, and I was the only one with a CCW license (reciprocity with NH). These folks are not Fudds, per se, and supported RKBA, but were "recreational combat shooters". There's lots like them.

2ndA supporters come in many flavors.

The "Fudds" are a hugely important component of the RKBA crowd. Not all of them are quite as supportive as we might want, but we need them.

Dwarven, I will admit that coyotes (I'm talking about the animal, not the smugglers) DO attack people, and the attacks are becoming more frequent. But they are still infrequent compared to people's perception of the danger of them.

What I was trying to say was that you're seen as prudent to protect yourself against a coyote attack but paranoid to protect yourself from 2 legged predators whether in the woods or in the city.
I have encountered several coyotes while out hunting and fishing, and they always seem to be curious, but not aggressive. I personally don't have a problem with them, and will only shoot one if it seems likely to attack. I know this is a minority position on coyotes, as most people would prefer them shot on sight. Even though I'm a deer hunter, I still find coyotes fascinating to watch, even if it means less deer for me to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom