Student shoots firearm instructor in VT

This is fail all around. While at the ER they just happened to notice a gunshot to the jaw??
Hope this dude didn't waste his money on lottery tickets that day!

Never actually dealt with a person covered in blood in an emergency situation, have you? They don't look like they do in the movies.

Never actually dealt with a person covered in blood in an emergency situation, have you? They don't look like they do in the movies.
helped my friend move 75 feet and jump a fence in the snow as he was spurting blood ten out. his white t shirt was 100% red in 10 seconds. he made it. you just dont think about the blood till afterward.

Keeping an eye on this one for further info.
There's a whole lot of questions with this one.
Hope the guy makes a full recovery.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by drgrant

My bet is either robbery or elevator doesn't go to the top, more likely the latter.

-Mike

Looks like your suspicions have merit:
WCAX - A resident at a mental health facility is being charged with attempted murder. Police say she sneaked out and shot her firearms instructor.Authorities say the owner of Vermont Target Sports in Westford was gunned down with his own revolver when a mentally ill student turned a lesson into a violent attack.
Veronica Lewis, 31, walked into Vermont Superior Court in Burlington Tuesday charged with first-degree attempted murder.

http://www.wcax.com/story/29439285/...-with-attempted-homicide-in-westford-shooting

Here is an indepth article. http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2015/06/30/worcester-woman-accused-shooting/29502897/

She used to live in NY until recently, has a lengthy criminal record in NYC, is a prohibited person in NY specially by some order, is a federal PP, lives in worcester vt at this place

Hundred Acre Homestead is a small, structured residential treatment home that offers a unique, growth-enhancing program. This healing farm community is for people who are challenged with mental illness or struggling with life’s emotional stress. The Homestead’s mission is about individualized healing and recovery

He was shot with a ruger hand gun. The evidence they have on her is overwhelming.

Here is an indepth article. http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2015/06/30/worcester-woman-accused-shooting/29502897/

She used to live in NY until recently, has a lengthy criminal record in NYC, is a prohibited person in NY specially by some order, is a federal PP, lives in worcester vt at this place

He was shot with a ruger hand gun. The evidence they have on her is overwhelming.

Good article. Yeah, it sounds like he handed her a .22 revolver for her first shots, she shot him three times with it and then took off with the gun.

It also says that she had told them at the facility where she lives that she wanted to learn to shoot. They knew she was a PP, and they say they discouraged it, but I wonder if they had to give her permission to leave, and if they knew the reason.

Watch the arraignment at the link above. She can't even let her lawyer speak without interrupting. They have death penalty in VT? Here's hoping

Good article. Yeah, it sounds like he handed her a .22 revolver for her first shots, she shot him three times with it and then took off with the gun.

It also says that she had told them at the facility where she lives that she wanted to learn to shoot. They knew she was a PP, and they say they discouraged it, but I wonder if they had to give her permission to leave, and if they knew the reason.

It was an all day lesson and it happened near lunch time. It said she wanted to learn about rifles. I think they probably had an intro for some time, then shot a rifle, then shot him when they moved to handguns. Either way, it's crazy in a situation like that where you are next to a person for hours who is planning to shoot you.

Watch the arraignment at the link above. She can't even let her lawyer speak without interrupting. They have death penalty in VT? Here's hoping

VT the death penalty? Sure. Besides that, SCOTUS (thanks to another kennedy ruling several yars ago) decided you cannot get the DP for anything less than a murder. If no one dies, could be thousands seriously injured, there can be no DP. I think rhe case they decided was louisiana's DP for the rape of a 4 month old child.

Back
Top Bottom