• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Student arrested for bringing bullet to school

Good to see zero tolerance policies are working to keep these hardened criminals behind bars.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

O boy that will suck to have a record at 13.
So much for the kid getting a decent job now.[sad]

Juvenile CORI records are forever available to LE, but generally completely unavailable to employers.

Too bad if the kid ever wants an LTC or LE job though.

Should we be surprised? This is MA after all. The question is why aren't there people standing in front of the school handing out free bullets to all the kids, throwing them in people's cars and then telling the police to arrest everyone?

ETA: Seriously, just go to schools everywhere and dump a bulk box of 22LR all over the playgrounds and then do the same in the town hall lawn. People will be picking up bullets everywhere and you'll all be criminals together.

Last edited:
I almost sent my kid to school with an expanded bullet from the berm the other day by accident. I grabbed it, thinking how she would get a kick out of it, and showed her in the line at the grocery store - she tucked it into her coat pocket and I forgot about the whole thing until the next day when she whipped it out and asked if she could keep it.

Around here (boonies of western MA) it might not get the same reaction, but it's a real WTF moment when you consider the possible ramifications of something as innocent as that.

After I took my daughter to the range, I dropped her off at a friends house. An empty 22lr casing dropped out of the tread in her boot onto the floor of their hallway.

I picked it up before anyone noticed, avoiding the visit from the SWAT team and a permanent criminal record for everyone in the house.

Bringing live ammo to school... not smart.
If it was a live round, take it, dispose of properly, inform parents, continue life.
Why is this even an issue? Why is it the people with their heads stuck the furthest up their asses end up in positions like legislature, law enforcement, and journalism. I truly blame media need for sensationalizing EVERYTHING and putting their own little PC attitude and spin on everything for the state of the world today. When there is no news and they just have to keep piling on the drama for years and years, this is the society you breed because hoards of mindless zombies plant their asses in front of the television and ingest every little BS tidbit as fact and majority opinion. Bitchslaps all around i say!

What has become of my fellow man?

I always thought I'd die long before this country turned into the inevitable European shithole. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
At my daughter's elementary school, kids who bring in live rounds and spent brass (ussualy for show and tell) are told to put them back in their backpacks and take them home. A swiss army keychain knife will get you expelled forever though. Just can't wrap my head around that.

At my daughter's elementary school, kids who bring in live rounds and spent brass (ussualy for show and tell) are told to put them back in their backpacks and take them home. A swiss army keychain knife will get you expelled forever though. Just can't wrap my head around that.

Frankly, a knife in the hands of an irresponsible eight year old is far more dangerous than a loaded cartridge.

unfortunatly even with just a component of a bullet can get a child in serious trouble, be it bullet, an empty shell, or primer ,

one thing ive never thought of though, is if your going to do show and tell, get a funky hollow point like black talons, or Remington t series, or federal HST , shoot it into some jugs of water, and recover it , and call it a brass flower..

Frankly, a knife in the hands of an irresponsible eight year old is far more dangerous than a loaded cartridge.

Are 8 year olds more stupid than 30 years ago? Because if you were eight in my neighborhood and didn't have a pocket knife you were a loser!

zero tolerance is for people with no brains that can not think by themselves and cannot make the right decision for the situation at hand. In the old days, if I broke a school rule, the teacher would call my parents and that was the end of it. Sad days we live in.

The article (not surprisingly) didn't explain, and none of the commenters asked: was it a bullet, or was it a round of ammunition?

My favorite comment:
I have to wonder if you would think it was over the top if your kid was sitting next to this one??? Hind sight is 20/20 but they did the right thing in my opinion. We need to take back our Schools. It's not safe to send your kid to school any longer.
If my kid was sitting next to this one, he'd probably try to convert him from 9mm to .45 ACP, and invite him on a range trip.

We do need to take back our schools, mostly from idiots like those in charge here.

Are 8 year olds more stupid than 30 years ago? Because if you were eight in my neighborhood and didn't have a pocket knife you were a loser!

I used the term "irresponsible" for a reason.

My 8yo, had loaded cartridges and the firearms to use them at 8.

I almost sent my kid to school with an expanded bullet from the berm the other day by accident. I grabbed it, thinking how she would get a kick out of it, and showed her in the line at the grocery store - she tucked it into her coat pocket and I forgot about the whole thing until the next day when she whipped it out and asked if she could keep it.

Around here (boonies of western MA) it might not get the same reaction, but it's a real WTF moment when you have to consider the possible ramifications of something as innocent as that.

FIFY

There's going to be a day when the cops are going to need some of us to watch their backs. I'm going to bet that most of us will wave and smile at them and not lift a finger.

Last edited:

I wouldn't argue that point, but it still doesn't explain why the one thing is treated rationally, and the other is met with a ridiculous over reaction. Irresponible or not, an eight year old would get expelled if they even brought one of the little nail trimming swiss army knives in for show and tell. Zero tolerance, doesn't make any sense at all, and even seems more ridiculous to me since they seem to have some common sense regarding ammo but won't apply it to pocket knives.

zero tolerance is for people with no brains that can not think by themselves and cannot make the right decision for the situation at hand. In the old days, if I broke a school rule, the teacher would call my parents and that was the end of it. Sad days we live in.

That's part of the problem today. Which parent do you call? The dad who hasn't been seen for years, or the mom who doesn't remember the kids name, or the significant other that could care less? It's not like when we were kids. We knew our parents - BOTH of them. Sad is right.

The Brass Flowers idea might be a winner.

Now, you'd have to suspend morality to do it, but someone could take a few boxes of ammo, fire into various materials such as jugs, goats, whatever... then take the "brass flowers" and turn them into a piece of art and build a great BS story about how it is an allegory for civilization and sell them to every aint moron from here to the cape.

Then, hand over the purchase records anonymously to LE. That *might* produce some changes.

Juvenile CORI records are forever available to LE, but generally completely unavailable to employers.

I don't think that is necessarily true. Pretty sure some get sealed to everyone past a certain point. I'll look it up to be sure. I could be wrong.

FYI, it is not a zero tolerance issue.

It is a MA law issue which IS BEYOND F'd UP. Repeal these dumb ass laws that create criminals.

Back
Top Bottom